PDA

View Full Version : who said hondas last for ever

Xowner
08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
this is a b21a1 motor out of a 90 prelude si the idoits i got the car from blew it up for the hell of it

MTS
08-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Bahahahahahaha........Rice Junk.

Xowner
08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
no that will happen to any motor that has a loose rod and you try to rev it to 10 grand

G-MAN-1
08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
yeh it would happen to any vehicle like that. NOT A HONDA THING. looks llike more of a yamaha thing.lol:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh yamaha

350Xhilaration
08-05-2006, 08:44 AM
That's not typical of a Honda. ATC/ATV/Generator/Lawnmower or Car.

That's typical of an idiot.

Have fun with the worst incarnation of a Honda to ever grace the Earth.

Preludes suck. Not just a bench racer's opinion. I was a Honda Technician for 11-12 years.

They are the most poorly designed of all Hondas. With the weirdest problems of any of the Hondas. They suck to work on in general. From valve adjustments to A/C compressors to timing belts and water pumps to the frickin air filter, they suck.

The air inlet was so low to the ground if you drive one through 4 inches of standing water, you stand a very good chance of sucking water in and "hydrolocking" (bending a rod) the engine.

They were one of the neatest looking Hondas made though. I will give them that.

Get a bone yard engine, put a new timing belt and water pump on it before putting it in the car. Save yourself the hassle.

Good luck with it.

Russell 350X
08-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Honda's, like all vehicles could last a very long time if they are taken care of and maintence. That motor was a victum of carelessness and stupidity.

Unclediezel
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
As much as I hate to say it, That is common to ANY car that gets over -Revved.

Even our good old trusty American cars will not put up with that kind of stress. Your Buddies should be lucky it didnt blow out the side of the block and ignite the oil-!!!!!!!!!!!!---Or was there any oil in it???????