PDA

View Full Version : socaldesertrider

mymint87
10-13-2002, 12:49 AM
hEY me and some buddies will be out at superstition on the first of november you'll be able to recognize me ...i'll be the BLUR that resembles a 86350x hope ta see ya @ sand dam...btw sand dam is awesome right now the top 30 ft. is total powder......totally fresh and brutal...see ya

10-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Sounds cool. Superstition, is that out at Glamis?? I'll be out at Ocotillo next weekend (25th of this month). Dont know yet where we'll be camped but there will be a few three wheelers there, for sure my 250R and my friend's 350/400X.

mymint87
10-20-2002, 02:09 AM
damn ,,,the 25th ill be doing a haunteds house (something iu do every year) at rios elementary ..i recruit drama stundents fromn 2 local high schools to participate..superstition is between plaster city and el centro..its got dunes , washes and dirt so a little of everything plus its got "sand dam" which is about the size in hieght of "test" at gordons. to get to super you go 8 west, "dunaway" north, olde highway 80 east , "huff" north and then "wheeler" west..i'm not sure if we will be going to gordons or superstition on thanksgiving but if we go to gordons we usually park at olgiby (a little more mellow for the kids) and we work our way west to test and the sand drags i ride a 86 350 and my wife rides "HER" 87 200x she confinscated it from me...i'll let ya know..we can get together , throw some beers, do a couple rips of a crumpled coke can. and shoot the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about the flunkies who ride in the freezing ARSE cold snow.....hehe

10-20-2002, 11:49 PM
Hey that Superstition sounds pretty cool! kinda similar to Ocotillo I guess, little of everything. I might be able to make a trip down there that weekend, if I can, I'll let ya know. Have fun scarin kids at the haunting!

Merriman
10-31-2002, 02:36 AM
Hey I'll be out at Ogilby on Thanksgiving. I've been going there since I was born. We camp about 100 yards east of the tower. big circle look for alot of Callen Camper trailers (my uncle's company) My trailer will have an F250 extra cab long bed (white) small 12ft enclosed with a black "TORE-UP Industries" sticker on the back. My uncle that used to race for Honda back in the threewheeler days will also be out there with his Baja race ATC 250R (the actual bike....it's bad ass) I'll be out there with my 250R, and there should be other trikes too. acouple of 350X's and and a few more 250R's. Maybe we'll see each other???????????

I'm going to Gordon's this weekend, then to Glamis on veterans day weekend.

Later

11-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Merriman, how was Glamis? Wherez Ogilby by? I seem to remember seeing signs for it on the hiway before, but I dont know where that was.

mymint87
11-08-2002, 11:59 AM
merriman, i'll be at olgiby on turkey day too. where you out there on presidents day last year? i think i seen ya..abnyways...socaldersertrider, olgiby is about 10 miles from the arizona border its alot more mellower than gordons (if ya have kids) to ride and the putt-putt to "test" is about the same as if you were camping at gordons. merriman do you park west or east of the dirt road leading into the camp sites at olgiby

Merriman
11-18-2002, 06:28 PM
WE camp the "north side" (since the road runs east to west) of the road. about 100 yards west of the tower. That's pretty much been our family's spot for ever (i've been camping there since I was born, and I'm 22). Hopefully we get that spot, or close to it. Yeah we were there president's day last year. Oh I also have a dirt bike and I ride that quite a bit too. Another thing to look for is my XR50 dirt bike that we race around it's got BMX bars, flame graphics, and #243 on the plates.

NOS_350X
11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
ill be at california city area but i cant take my 350 its not in working order right now so ill settle for my bike