PDA

View Full Version : Video card help

Tri-ZNate
08-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok this is the first video card that has given me trouble. It is a 128mb Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 video card that I'm borrowing. I have it all installed however it only wants to show is my desktop background when the monitor is plugged into it, and the onboard video will show my desktop and everything. What its trying to do is run dual desktops, the onboard is the left side showing my whole desktop and the right is the video card which only shows desktop. I went into display settings and when I select to make the Nvidia as my default monitor it restarts automaticly and doesnt change anything. If you need help decifering this lemme know.

Main objective- to get my desktop onto the nvida display.

Billy Golightly
08-07-2006, 04:58 PM
You need to boot into your bios (google for instructions) and change your primary video option from onboard to AGP slot.

Tri-ZNate
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
its not agp, its pci

Billy Golightly
08-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Well from integrated onboard video to PCI then :P

Tri-ZNate
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
;), it was already on PCI, the other setting is AGP/Onboard which is what I'm on now and it hasnt changed anything.

Billy Golightly
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
So it was on PCI while you were using the onboard video before? :wondering: See if there is an option to disable the onboard video.

Tri-ZNate
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
There is a button on the Nvidia control pannel that asks which display you want the desktop to go to. So hopefully now it will stay where I want it