PDA

View Full Version : Riding in California

bigred110
04-01-2003, 06:32 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has been to Gorman (Hungry Valley) or Ballinger Canyon. If so are they a good place to go riding. I'm looking for new places to go trail riding, besides Oceano Dunes.

NOS_350X
04-15-2003, 01:08 AM
i go to pismo all the time ive been go hungry valley real nice there i like it
this easter ill be out in cal city area

soon2becomeaowner
04-24-2003, 08:47 PM
Go to Azusa Canyon OHV area. You could take almost anything there. $5 for every veichle.(atv,atc etc)

bigred110
04-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Thanks man. Is it called San Gabriel Canyon? I never even looked at that place yet. If so I might try go their some time. That place has like everything their about from the pictures that I just saw. Are the dunes pretty cool over their. Are the trails good enough for 110 to make it through. MUDBOGGING sweet. I'll have to deal with L.A. traffic I hate L.A. traffic. But it doesn't look to far from the 5, and the 2hr drive.
Do you have to have current tags and a spark arrestor for your atc?
I also have a lowered mini(S-10X) truck with a 12 foot enclosed trailer, well it make it to the parking area or are the pot holes to big. Smoother the better!!
Does it get really crowed on weekends and weekdays.

soon2becomeaowner
04-26-2003, 01:20 AM
Yes it does get really crowd on the weekends. But it is fun. You WILL HAVE To cross 2 RIVERS !!(if you want to get to the bud bogging area)

Your s 10 wouldn't have a problem going in the entrance. But you'll regret lowering your truck when you get there.
you could camp there too..But i wouldn't. About one year ago a body in a truck was found there.

What city your'e from bigred110? i'm from LA

bigred110
04-26-2003, 02:10 AM
I'm going to school in San Diego. My ATC's are in Delano with my Mom. It's about a 4 hr drive.
I might be thinkn about going to oceano on Memorial day weekend maybe going to talk to my friend. He has a 2 250r, 200x doesn't run, polaris quad. I just need a 4x4 to pull my trailer down to the dunes, without a $200 tow bill. Maybe my cousin brother might be their damn big ass toy trailer. Its like a freakn nascar trailer that says alexander trucking on the rig.