PDA

View Full Version : Hey need a girly color scheme

Lomax
08-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Friday I am going to start building a 1994 Yamaha Blaster from the frame up for my neigbors daughter. Maier makes Pink plastics for it and of course thats her favorite color. I have been trying to come up with some other colors to match up with it. White, Silver, and Black have all come up but the scheme is still out in left feild on how to make something work together. thought about even using 2 different colors on the plastic but then I need a frame color and I am going to use yet another color one the a-arms and accents. I Dunno, If this was a guys this would be easy so I need some girls to help me out.
-Will

86tri-z270
08-09-2006, 12:39 AM
i would go with pink plastics (obviously) with maybe a black and silver graphics kit
for the a arms and the singer i would go with gloss metal flake black ( possibly flat or mettalic) and for the frame and components i would go with MAYBE a white (possible)
or maybe a marble color.... seems like a good scheme to me i will draw it up in photoshop show u what it looks like

SYKO
08-09-2006, 08:19 AM
candy purple on the frame parts, it would look like its anodized, let me know how much you spend on the plastic, becouse Im picking up a blaster for my girlfreind this weekend and she wants it pink

Mrs.Mosh
08-09-2006, 08:45 AM
All the colors listed sound good. What about pink and orange. Sounds weird but kids like bright colors and they actually do look good together.

girlsride2
08-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Well, even though i am a girl i am not really into girly colors. But, I am thinking Pink plastics with a white frame or Powder blue seems to be pretty popular in the world of womens riding gear. Pink plastics with powder blue frame? Would be colorful, should make her happy as well as the other suggestions here would.

Mrs.Mosh
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Here is a pic...not quite "pink" and orange, but it will give you a visual.

SYKO
08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
thats the purple i'm talking bout! that thing would be hot with a frame that color and pink plastics, hell I would ride it (ok maybe not)

Yamahondaman
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
i Think PINK Fender's,TEAL Frame,Pink Hub's,White A-Arm's and Swinger,Black Peg's,Billet Bumper's and Purple Shock Spring's ....... PERRRRFECT !!! :w00t:

SYKO
08-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Wtf?! Your Going To Cause A Seizure With That Combo Yamahondaman!

Lol Sorry For Yelling!

86tri-z270
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
well pink plastics and white frame seems to be the winner

darrel632
08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
If you're going "Barbie" --- pink plastics, Lilac purple frame, white seat, polish the motor, Lilac hubs, Pink grips, Douglas alum. wheels white boots and shock cover

Lomax
08-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone, keep them coming. I think this is going to be a great little (and very custom) machine for someone her age. I just won a front disc brake system on E-Bay and I am watching a set of Works shocks for it as well

Yamahondaman
08-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Wtf?! Your Going To Cause A Seizure With That Combo Yamahondaman!

Lol Sorry For Yelling!
:lol: ........... i'm just "thinking" what the ( Right Side ) of the "MAN" Brain would like to see in Color's .... if you think about it ...... NOBODY Has seen that color Scene Before ?? Just Think ....she has the COOLEST COLORED Bike out there and decides to go THROUGH THE MUD !!!!
and "DAD" has to clean it up !!! :lol: ........ trust me when some "RAG'S" L@@K GOOD ........... it takes H O U R ' S TO CLEAN !!!
GIT IT DAD !!! :w00t:

Mosh
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
well i am not girl but i like purple.blaster purple plastic goes real cheap too.95 is the year they made them purple

Yamahondaman
08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
AUGH !!!! L@@K @ them GOLD Wheel's !!!! .......... YUK !!! :lol:

Mosh
08-09-2006, 08:10 PM
yes i am not fond of them either,but the wife has the nice silver ones.i cant get them from her:wondering

traxxasx
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Pink plastics, white frame, white arms, black seat, white swinger, pink hubs, and the res i missed chrome, im thinking dont go over board with it she just a girl. Its not like she wants the rainbow. She probably is into those colors but im sure she doesent want a fruity quad. Just keep it simple but make it look good, white and cotton candy pink seem perfect. Some black to. Make her happy with it, but dont make her go what the F*** is that!

Yamahondaman
08-09-2006, 08:28 PM
l m a o !!! that's GOOD !! WTF IS .............. THAT ???? But..........
NOBODY has ........."that "!! they will be like ,,,,,,,,, DANG !!!
THAT'S NEET !!! ;)

Mrs.Mosh
08-10-2006, 07:28 AM
How old is the girl that will be riding this bike? Also, is this a surprize? If not, ask her what she thinks would look good. If she is older, she may not be in the girly girl look that much. Oh, and if you need any custom pink accessories I can help ;)

Lomax
08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
The girl is 11. The machine is not a suprise. She knows all about it, should have seen the look on her face when we drug up a beat down blaster with saggy plastics and said Here's your new Fourwheeler!!! Do you think you can match Maier's Pink plastic for a seat cover??

Mrs.Mosh
08-11-2006, 07:51 AM
The girl is 11. The machine is not a suprise. She knows all about it, should have seen the look on her face when we drug up a beat down blaster with saggy plastics and said Here's your new Fourwheeler!!! Do you think you can match Maier's Pink plastic for a seat cover??

I can get just about any color. Shock covers too.

okieRrider
08-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Here's some chick bikes I have done some customizing on
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=51765
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=55660

Lomax
08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
The 250EX looks like something I am after. I think the pink plastics might be overkill but who am I to say..

TimSr
08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Ive seen plenty of girly color schemes at the local MX tracks with are filled with female competitors these days. Try this site for some ideas, and as well as a great place for your daughter to hang out with like minded ladies. www.quadgirls.com

The site was developed by local teen lady racer.

Lomax
08-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Figured I would post a pic of the machine we are working with.... Dont laugh to hard

Mike_Ham_250R
08-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Go for the WheeliePop special http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2006/000lalalanatezb2.jpg

vegas250rr
12-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Figured I would post a pic of the machine we are working with.... Dont laugh to hard

Well? what did you come up with ????

3 weelin geezer
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I am going to go with metallic clear red and flourescent pink 2 tone.