PDA

View Full Version : Painting my S-10

IrvSLedman
08-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Hey all, just want some opinons.. i got an old 91 s-10, not bad, runs well shifts through all the gears well, but its not to pretty so I might paint it, so just wondering what you all think, i was thinking like a really..dull black, or more defined black, if not that then red or a nice light blue.. any whos what do you all think?

PS im tring to stay cheap.

traxxasx
08-12-2006, 04:46 AM
Sand the heck out of it, and then hit it up with some primer. Leave it like that. Primer is cheap and i think it looks good. Its an dull cool look, Ohh the black primer is pretty awsome 2.

dickieg89
08-12-2006, 08:19 AM
if you wanted to go real cheap, go to car quest or auto zone and buy the camoflage kit.
You would be the coolest kid in randolph, I'd just be worried about bucky phillips stealing your camo truck, the super troopers can't find hm as it is now, but imagine in a camo s-10...............

crd00
08-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm doing up my 89 sierra and I am painting it all gloss black, with no emblems or mouldings. Black paint is one of the cheapest paints you can buy, so money should be no problem with it and black always looks good anyways:D

85hondaatc125m
08-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Sand blast it orange, paint 01 on the side, and put the dixie flag on the roof:)

crackshot
08-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Do not primer it and leave it like that. It will rust. Primer is only good for 24 hours max when painting. Primer should go on and look wet. You will need reducer if using good quality primer.
Paint it the same color it is right now being you will already have a base coat being the same color.

SYKO
08-12-2006, 04:58 PM
her man look at some of my stuff get some ideas, black /white single stage ureathane or achrylic anamal is the cheapest good paint, base coat is more and anythign with red toners in it is the most expensive, AND YES YOU CAN PRIMER A VEHICLE AND LEAVE IT THAT WAY, only epoxy priomer you need to top coat it withing a certain time period, it has no UV steadfastness, and will chalk up and disapear'

heres my yahoo page it hass tons of pics of some of my work enjoy

http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile.html;_ylt=Aib9FvcNIMJUKEkC54FNrHe0AOJ3

traxxasx
08-12-2006, 09:40 PM
im talking real cheap her. not good primer im talking spray can primer from walmart or homedepot or car place/

SYKO
08-12-2006, 10:22 PM
well I know that advance auto parts sell duplacolor paint in the gallons and its only like 40 buck or soo... try that, to cheap for me to use but right up your alley

Nick_R_23
08-14-2006, 05:59 AM
I got several s10 trucks and blazers but my favorite paint job on them is a gloss black and a clear coat with gold flakes mixed in. It looks awesome!!! :naughty:

But if youre looking for a cheap job Id just go straight black.

-Nick

IrvSLedman
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
i was going to do the primer black, and all you have to do is mix it with like a hardener or some other sort of enamel crap that makes it stay, my uncle did it, but i think im going with red.

Bryan Raffa
08-15-2006, 07:36 AM
get yourself a gallon of house paint and roll it on just like my demo cars! lasts a long time and theres enough to do it a few times!

IrvSLedman
08-15-2006, 11:54 PM
if you wanted to go real cheap, go to car quest or auto zone and buy the camoflage kit.
You would be the coolest kid in randolph, I'd just be worried about bucky phillips stealing your camo truck, the super troopers can't find hm as it is now, but imagine in a camo s-10...............

Lmao yeah, i got pulled over 7 times one day with my trike in the back, which of course they questioned!!! and twice at gun point, not like that bad but hes gun was there, and watching me.lol and the Bryan, the i almost went that way.. lmao i went with massey ferg red for like 30 bucks, lmao its an enamel though so it should last a while..

Russell 350X
08-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Don't paint it dude, leave it like it is, it wont get robbed in Cleveland!!!

Bryan Raffa
08-16-2006, 03:18 PM
just make shure you change the registration to the new color because they will give you a ticket!! and you get pulled over every time they run the plate thinking its stolen or the wrong plates..

Banage
08-16-2006, 04:51 PM
There must be some crome on it somwhere, just below the window. Go 2tone with it. Black of your choice below the crome and chevy orange above it.

darrel632
08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
If you're doing black do flat black, not primer black, does a nice "old school" look. If its got alot of dents and stuff (imperfections) go as light as you can (white) you can't see dents as easy, light tan / gold doesn't show dirt if you hate washing them, box liner is an interesting finish available in many colors, really tough

IrvSLedman
08-17-2006, 02:00 AM
yeah, well the reg is why i didnt end up painting it black, im going with red, and the trucks already red so it wont have to be changed, thats why i went with it.. im too lazy to spend that much time at the DMV lol. thanks for all the replies though.

Russell 350X
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
so did you paint it?

Bryan Raffa
08-17-2006, 09:51 PM
yeah, well the reg is why i didnt end up painting it black, im going with red, and the trucks already red so it wont have to be changed, thats why i went with it.. im too lazy to spend that much time at the DMV lol. thanks for all the replies though.

good call I would have done the same thing!:lol:

Ddw350
08-25-2006, 11:53 PM
howd it turn out?? ...ya know..if everyone owned a s-10..there would 1 shop in each state!..maybe 2 in california...and texas as they are pretty big...mines blueish/purpleish/pearlish....always good to see someone taking care of theyre beloved s-10!

Bryan Raffa
08-26-2006, 12:28 AM
heres my old one 88 s-10 convertable!

Ddw350
08-26-2006, 11:23 AM
ahhh ...the old convertable! thats awesome! i considered that like in 1993..but a guy in town had one and it didnt seal up very well,so i figured it would leak real bad and rust out and all.since mine sits outside all the time.instead i got the big sunroof,that leaks anyway!

Bryan Raffa
08-26-2006, 08:26 PM
ahhh ...the old convertable! thats awesome! i considered that like in 1993..but a guy in town had one and it didnt seal up very well,so i figured it would leak real bad and rust out and all.since mine sits outside all the time.instead i got the big sunroof,that leaks anyway!

LOl mine leaked verry little,,,, only when there was a really hard rain. I had a cover for it that covered just the cap part thats it.:beer