PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on how to answer a question about my Z pipe.

jsimonh
08-12-2006, 11:36 PM
I listed it like this:
I bought this pipe awhile back for my Tri Z. It seemed to increase the top-end. I took it off and put the original one back on when I sold the trike. I've been told that it is an old school DG, but I'm not sure of the brand. It is in good shape, but does have a few dings. Nothing major and doesn't effect performance. The pipe has been painted with high temp paint and it holds up very well. Feel free to ask any questions that you have. Please check my other auction for a good set of tires for a Tri Z.

Then I got this email from a ebay member:
just to let you know that the pipe is not a dg pipe. I build tri z's and dont want you to sell something wrong to a newbie. The only other pipe made was a cobra wich looks nothing like that either(there was a couple of wanna be exhaust builders out there though). could be a custom made pipe or a factory modified pipe. Not trying to be a ass but just wanted to let you know... Thanks Chopper

I completely disagree with this guy and need some other info on how to answer/respond to him.

Thanks.

84honda200s
08-13-2006, 01:23 AM
wow i never had person like that. well if i wer you i wouldnt respond to him if he dont want to buy it. if you do respond to him just tell he that your discription is what you know about it and your not changing it to please him. other than that i dont know what to tell you. like said ive never had someone be that rude to me before.

TRIZTUNES
08-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi!!

the pipe you are selling is a made by answer.

a cobra pipe has a indent curve up by the mounting brscket.

thank

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!

Mosh
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
i would either not answer the guy,or reply that his info is helpful and you will edit your post.that way no feelings get hurt.hey we cant keep track of everything,when we are dealing with 20 year old obscure parts.as long as it fits the z,i dont think a buyer would be disappointed with the purchase.

TimSr
08-13-2006, 03:58 PM
You ad says you were told it was DG but that you dont know what kind it is. I think that pretty well covers it. I dont even see how you could possibly reword your ad to cover what this guys is saying other than adding, "I have also been emailed that it is NOT a DG or a Cobra." As far as "the only other pipe made was a Cobra", is baloney. Since DG and Cobra were the bottom of the line, I dont see how you could be shafting a newbie if it turned out to be something else. I see nothing in your ad that could be construed as innacurrate or misleading regardless of what it is, as long as it is for a TriZ, since that is the only point you are definitive about.

Id reply since he is trying to help, albeit rather annoying, and simply say "Thanks for the info. I will pass it along".