PDA

View Full Version : Sick of phony second chance offers!!!

Orangecnty250r
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
OK I bid on a 250r this week and was the third or fourth bidder in line...reserve not met.

Immediately after the auction I get a second chance offer and see its fake..look in "my ebay to confirm" you know the deal respond to email address etc. I deleted it

Now a few days later I get another one for the same machine looks the same...different email address.. FAKE

Now for the advice I am looking for.

If I simpy hit reply and tell them to go eat dirt (I will say other things) am I at risk for virus infection , spyware etc.?? I know better to not open any attatchments...thats trouble for sure but I really want to respond to these scammers!!!

Let me know what you guys think!!!!

SYKO
08-17-2006, 09:48 AM
yep, I did that same thing for a holley carb about 2 years ago, and it totally froze my comp up, it looked the same, I wouldn ttake the chance, just forward it to ,wwwebayspoof.com or www.ebay@spoof.com something liek that, if it is a spoof they will contact you back about it and tell you if it is

Cody
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
pretty sure its spoof@ebay.com

Lomax
08-17-2006, 10:02 AM
yeah, I would not open it if I were you, unless your using someone elses computer :lol:

Cody
08-17-2006, 10:04 AM
HAHA! Unless you have a good anti adware/spyware and anti virus.

dgould
08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes you are correct in not clicking the link in it. Just forward it to spoof@ebay.com and delete it. I got one the other day on the Pilot and a few other items I was bidding on. Just check your messages in myebay and if it isn't there it's from the dang scammers. I've got one right now wanting to send a western union money thing and no dice scammer. I usaly go into contact ebay member and send them a message that way to make sure they didnt send it and that way you get to the correct person that had the auction. Just always remember,,,,if it sounds to good to be true,,,,,
Have a good one and ride safe.

84honda200s
08-17-2006, 01:21 PM
. i replyed to one once and it was a bad thing to do. i had to run my virus and spy ware scan about 3 or 4 times. dont chance it.

Howdy
08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
I use mailwasher and bounce all such emails after they are forwarded to the proper people / companies. I also bounce all spam and unwanted emails back to the senders. The spammers think my email isn't any good so over time they remove it from their data base. This helps cut the amount of spam emails I get. ;)
Howdy