PDA

View Full Version : paint question passion red and ??

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
08-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Ok I know that the color of the frame paint in passion red, what do they call the color of the paint on the swing arms of the 86 350x and the gold on the 250r's????????????????????

petesatc
08-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Adam
the swingarm color on the 350x is called 'Cloud silver metalic' and it's paint code is NH-35M
the swingarm on the R is called 'Glamis gold' and it's paint code is YR-111M

Pete

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
08-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Adam
the swingarm color on the 350x is called 'Cloud silver metalic' and it's paint code is NH-35M
the swingarm on the R is called 'Glamis gold' and it's paint code is YR-111M

Pete

You are too smart Pete

3Razors
08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Glamis gold! Thats awesome!! I know alot of people dont like the gold wheels but I think they look great and nostalgic especially ripping around in glamis.

Rocketblt
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Can anyone help me to locate the paint for the 86 ATC 250R Glamis Gold YR-11M paint? Does anyone know who re-manufactures it under their code to compare to Honda. Any suggestions? Such as color-rite. or PPG or Du-Pont, TCP Global Custom Colors or House of Kolor. Vintage Motorsports on this website has directed me towards Dupont Chromabase # YM035 K. Basecoat/Clear Coat. Is it considerable online or do I have to visit a Du-Pont distributor? Id like to keep my order as one order to keep down the shipping costs. I think I may have found a match to the 86R engine. TCP Global makes 3 similar colors, that are reasonably priced, however they take on a HUGE hazardous material handling fee. Almost $100 bucks! BUt check out these three colors under Kustom Paint on the TCP Global website for one stage acrylic urethane" Pewter Metallic Gray, Gunmetal Metallic Gray (Not close acording to picture but possible.) And Brilliant Silver Metallic. A lot of forum members here suggest universal gold by duplicolor. But I want something more durable and as exact as possible. I could powder coat as I have the means to do it but for right now Im considering urethane\HLVP painting. Thank all for your your help.

Rocketblt
09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone. I just got back from the DuPont Distributor. I had the counter parts guy mix me up a pint of single stage urethane, and purchased some flatterer to add to paint to attempt a low-level gloss, also got reducer, and hardener for the 86 250R Engine Color. I am going to do some "spray out's" before I hit the engine cases and cylinder with this color. I will post the results and pictures. Anyone who is interested, go to your nearest Du Pont distributor, and ask to look at a gray light metallic color chip book. Look for colors LM158IBA. I went with LM158, and matched it up with original crankcase, and paint. But take a look at colors LM156,LM157,LM158,and LM159 for comparison purposes anyways. LM158 is damn near close if not perfect match. Will see how it sprays. I am using a product called aluthane for primer. Check that out too! Will return with results and pics.