PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Jumping BMX

atcmatt
08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Who here rides? And what do you ride? I ride dirt and have a free agent warbird frame, with alex tripple wall rims and all other assorted brand parts like standard, demolition, volume, eastern etc etc very much a mongrel bike. But its a beauty and wont ever break!

Let me know if your into riding.. :beer

Matt

ScottZJ
08-23-2006, 07:35 AM
I have a few BMX bikes too but mine are all old school 80's freestyle ones. I use them for Flatlanders and thats about it.

SYKO
08-23-2006, 08:25 AM
back in the day I had a WILKERSON AIRLINES, AND A HOFFMAN CONDOR, That was when I lived in Chicago, when I moved to so GA there wasnt anything to ride any more to I sold them both for $100! at the time (early 90's ) they were to hottest bikes to have, I used to ride vert, tried flat land, but it wasnt as fun as flying in the air, lol, also had the old school scwinn predator, wich was a super rare track/freestyle bike that was wicked strong, and I had a set of rare aluminum mags on it

Cody
08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
I got a schwinn powermatic, freestyle. I need to build a good BMX bike. I need to find a frame somewhere.

ATCWRENCH
08-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I used to have an old Schwinn predator, those frames are nearly unbreakable. I used to launch mine off of a 3ft mini ramp (to us it was a mini ramp) at a good clip, we never had a return ramp so flat landing was always fun. right now I have a late '90's Trek TI1. i feel it is as strong if not stronger than the old predators

SYKO
08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
wow, I knew only one other person that had one of those predators, thats awesome, I kinda wish I still had mine

350Xhilaration
08-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Here's a pic of my old predator...still have it in the garage...thing is over 20 years old now. My 9 year old daughter was chuckling when I pulled it out of the shed...til I nailed a few "rock walks" and a 180 on the side of the driveway. Now she only wants to ride it instead of her bike...kinda cool.

I did flatland stuff back in the mid 80s...very limited amount of vert. As the Red Scorpion forks indicate. I biffed coming down off a makeshift 1/4 pipe. It was only 4 ft wide...went too wide coming down and augered into the dirt.

ScottZJ has the stuff...pristine old schoolers. :w00t:

It still works, but definitely needs a freshening up...some day...

http://www.350xriders.com/bmx1.jpg
http://www.350xriders.com/bmx2.jpg
http://www.350xriders.com/bmx3.jpg

SYKO
08-23-2006, 09:32 PM
how did you manage flatland without a gyro on the necK?

SYKO
08-23-2006, 09:48 PM
I know these arnt bmx, but the crazy streched bike is mine, its all metel and about 7 feat long! I painted it about 7 years ago, take it to car shows and ride it around started from a early 70's scwin 26 inch beach cruiser, the other bike is my homies's sons bike that I built for him to give to his son for a christmas present. pretty snazzy huh?

ScottZJ
08-23-2006, 10:33 PM
My performer and my Haro Master being built.

http://www.fototime.com/{9BC19BCB-2AF4-4BD0-A734-8A48E2AE4711}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{6CB3B30C-73FD-4407-9572-E4F24C3BC5CF}/picture.JPG

chris200x
08-23-2006, 10:38 PM
If everyone's gonna be postin pics I want in on the action! :naughty: This is a mongoose decade that I'm currently restoring. (actually scott I was going for the haro look) :)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/goose.jpg

Dusty
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
shoot i still ride BMX rele only trails but i do do some street and some park...maybe one day ill pull out some of my videos...i ride a vegas...but do have an old school...80's model mongoose frame......

RedRider_AK
08-24-2006, 02:49 AM
I have an old-school Dyno "Air" chromoly frame, Free Agent dirtjumping seat and rims, cut-down Mongoose bars, Mongoose "Fuzz Pro" fork and stem, and Duro Marvick tires.

Quite a conglomeration, but the bike is freakin' bulletproof. It's been launched off of 5 foot high tabletops and landed flat with no damage. :lol:

bigredhead
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Zoom Zoom ! ( my current mode of transportation ! )

I'm ordering some custom motors pretty soon to fit BMX frames.. since you guys have so many of them.. can you please tell me the dropout width of those ?

MTB's have 10mm thick axles.... but most BMX seem to have 14mm.. are there other standards ?

ATCWRENCH
08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
mines not complete old school but not new either late 90's Trek TI 1. if anyone knows where to get info and/or reviews on this bike I would appreciate it. I would like read up on this bike and see what its key features are. I didnt put the stickers on it, they were on there when i bought the bike about 6 years ago.

350Xhilaration
08-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Super rides guys...

I was definitely held back from doing any tailwhips or bar spin type tricks without the gyro.

anything else...I tried it...

250Roger
08-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Yea, I have a 2 Old School rides
- 85 Hutch Pro Racer :twisted:
- 83 DiamondBack Turbo :)
I would post pics, but I've already posted them some time ago.

firefirefire90
08-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I have an older Dyno VFR that i use for dirt. The fawker may be heavy, but your can't break that boy. I am looking into some new wheels...anyone have any suggestions? Saw the redline wheels...pretty shnazzy...but then again...any suggestions? lol

chris200x
08-28-2006, 08:05 PM
I have an older Dyno VFR that i use for dirt. The fawker may be heavy, but your can't break that boy. I am looking into some new wheels...anyone have any suggestions? Saw the redline wheels...pretty shnazzy...but then again...any suggestions? lol

Good ole fashion Z rims would be best. (IMO) Lightweight and tough as nails...

atcmatt
08-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Get some demolition double walls. They are pretty light and you wont bend them. On my bike I run alex supra tripple walls. Very heavy but theyr is no way in the world they will bend...

Matt

Mike_Ham_250R
08-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I have a 2006 Free Agent Trail Devil :-)

I bunny hopped once, and held a wheelie for a few feet, im so bad ass!

Dirtcrasher
09-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I had a schwinn sting and an aluminum framed - think it was a redline extremely light. I use to race a Kuwahara, bullseye hubs, CW bars, diamond back goosesneck - the works. Cost me about 800$ and sold it for 150$ to fix my 1979 RM100 at the time. Once you get something with a throttle the bike just sits... Wish I still had them, mountain bikes are fun though.

ATC-Eric
09-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I never rode a BMX. I think its really cool the way some guys can handle those bikes.

Does anybody got any action shots?

350Xhilaration
09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I wish I had some...probably one of the only things I never had any pictures of. I look at pics now of guys doing tricks I could actually do and have a hard time believing I could actually do them. No pics sucks. :(

bassman
10-12-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm just getting back into biking. I just bought a newer Dyno Zone for $35. Been ridin it the last few days. Getting back into my groove, lol.

maggiesboy
10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Back in the day, I had Diamond Back Vipers (2 of them), a powerlite (don't remember the model, and the most bad arse bike I've ever owned.... A PK Ripper. That bike was strong and really light. :D

3bogger
10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
back before i could drive i used to have a bully hot rod, it was red had some profile 3pcs cranks and other crap. it wasnt the lightest bike but i was still a racer. i raced alot but didnt do a whole lot else. mostly just messed around my house on little jumps and trained to race.

longbedGTs
10-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I had a Mongoose Decade back in the mid 90s. Also had a chrome Dyno NSX thats currently(maybe, left it in late 2001) on the side of I-95 between exit 68 and 69. Dont ask :eek:
Ive been scouring eBay and craigslist looking for another Mongoose Decade. Teal in color with white plastic mags! F'n screamin' 80's!
I love it! :w00t:

burnoutboy
10-13-2006, 03:37 AM
I am not really into biking, but I was given an old mongoose bmx bike. It looks old judging by the amount of rust on the crank e.t.c. I will try to get some pics up tomorow and maybe you guys can identify it for me. I would like to restore it and hang it off my wall for the hell of it.

G-Ram
10-13-2006, 09:27 AM
I've been riding bmx's for a couple years now, i've got a S&M PBR with odyssey dirt forks, ody bars, primo cranks and alex rims front and back. i don't really ride dirtjumps, i mainly ride street on it. people laugh at how much it weighs (like 35 pounds) but it will never break, ever lol.

YAY! first post :lol:

jason85atc250r
10-13-2006, 09:44 PM
my 1st bike was a mid 80's schwinn predator

them i got a deal on a polished PK ripper with blus letters. with out rims and handle bars. it had the landing gear froks and i bought Gt bars and odysey pit bull rear brakes, Revcor pedals. it has a uni seat also. it;s the original style from the early 80's

there was this old guy that fixed bikes and sold them so i bought a bunch of rims and another old style Pk ripper a black one with gold letters. a bunch of the rims were mongoose proclass ones. this was in the early 90's. i still have them both

i got a skyway ta back them from a guy was hurting for money for $100 it was all done up.

a couple years ago i found a Kuwahara bravo freestyle bike laying out at the curb for spring cleanup. free:Bounce it a yellow one like the kid rode in the movie ET.

i still have all 4 of them:lol:

RedRider_AK
10-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I just noticed this thread again, so I guess I'll add my new bike:

A long-frame Haro 4130 (Piston, I think?) frame, Fusion anodized aluminum chainwheel. Fusion crankset and stem. Haro stock forks. Bars off of my Dyno Air (I'm just used to their height and width). Double wall rim in back, single in front, MaxxDaddy tire in back, some off-brand POS on the front.

Teeksoffroad
10-14-2006, 09:48 AM
This is a pic of my Schwinn Sting. It is an original Sting not a Comp. I made an old school racer. Everything except the Cook Bros pads are NOS. Frame/fork powdercoated red. Sunshine sealed bearing hubs, Wienman rims. First year Redline Flght Cranks 400's with no pinchbolt, Sealed Bearing Bottom Bracket, Kingsbury plastic pedals, Cook Bros Slant Stem, Redline ProLine bars (wide), Oury grips, Dia Compe 500 brakes. It took 2 yrs to find all the NOS stuff. I found the seatpost at the local Schwinn dealer. I had wanted to get NOS SnakeBelly tires but couldn't find red ones.

ke125er
10-25-2006, 04:46 PM
my bike a alliance psi frame with alex rims and that good stuff would never brake this bike and its only 28lbs