PDA

View Full Version : Bought somethin Nasty Today.......

Lomax
08-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Couldnt stand it anylonger, I wanted something unique and I found it. Desert Eagle 357 Magnum :naughty: . Also got a AimPoint Red Dot laser sight for it. This is one bad ass hand cannon. Absolutly love it. This is a very heavy gun at about 5 pounds unloaded

SYKO
08-25-2006, 12:31 AM
damn I miss my desert eagle, fully auto .50 call pollished, went with the x wife, should have just used it on her, lol

ScottZJ
08-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Darn man, that sucker gonna have your pants on the ground if you planned on carrying that around town! haha Nice gun. I did a tactical training class and this huge black dude brought his eagle in that was nickle plated. Then he went thru 4 clicks shooting it one handed about 15 yards. That sucker hit everything in about a 12 inch radius! Haha Im a great shooter but not with that hand cannon.

Trike Dude
08-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Those are sweet Pistols but if you are gonna get a gun of that soze you may as well got the .50 caliber.

SYKO
08-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I cut a tree down with mine! lol first time I shot mine I also hit my self in the forehead! lol

Lomax
08-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Didnt really need anything larger than a 357 i didnt think. Gun shoots like a dream, very smooth action, and its extra weight seems to help keep the kick down, went through a full clip in a hurry with this thing quick

hrc85250r
08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
that is badass. i have an airsoft version of that.lol

dickieg89
08-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Guns, I love guns.

I still need to get my fingerprints so I can mail in my NY conceal and carry, my CT license didn't transfer.

ATC crazy
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I got (another) AK-47 two weeks ago.

Sykolincoln: I am curious...what crack dealer did you get the "fully auto .50 DE" from? They never made the DE full auto. No one would even be able to control it if they did. Not to mention the Class III "license" you need to own a NFA weapon.

250r'en +TCB
08-28-2006, 05:51 PM

Sykolincoln: I am curious...what crack dealer did you get the "fully auto .50 DE" from? They never made the DE full auto. No one would even be able to control it if they did. Not to mention the Class III "license" you need to own a NFA weapon.
Not to steal the thread, nut does anyone know what it takes to get a class III license??? I have always wonder and plan on getting one someday....:beer

85ytz250n
08-28-2006, 10:45 PM
My every day carry is the springfield armory XD .45, I couldnt even imagine carrying a DE of any caliber as a carry weapon. IMO they are like a two wheel drive truck with a suspension lift, worth about as much as tits on a boar-hog. I have gotten everyone in my family a pistol and safety classes for the safe use and carry of them. My mom loves her ruger P95/9MM and my old man loves his ruger superblackhawk/.44 magnum. I think if more people had guns and were trained in the proper use of them, the States would be a much safer place. Good purchase though, glad to see you excercising your rights.

Barry

trikes4life
08-28-2006, 10:56 PM
shoot more, shoot more offten. Looking to get my permit really soon.

ScottZJ
08-29-2006, 07:13 AM
My every day carry is the springfield armory XD .45, I couldnt even imagine carrying a DE of any caliber as a carry weapon. IMO they are like a two wheel drive truck with a suspension lift, worth about as much as tits on a boar-hog.
Barry

I'm with you on this one. As they say in the movie "US Marshals", get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get a REAL gun.............a GLOCK! hehehe I am ony partial to them since I have 11. :lol:

Russell 350X
08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
That thing looks like fun. One handgun I have yet to shoot.

What modle is it? Romanian, Chinese, etc??

Mike_Ham_250R
08-29-2006, 06:51 PM
The XD-45 and XD-40 is awesome :-)

Glocks are cool but feel weird in me hand.

Mike_Ham_250R
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
My everyday gun is the Bushmaster AR-15 though :-)

85ytz250n
08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
That must be a SOB to carry, glad its you and not me. I guess since the Mossberg is in the truck it is an everyday carry also:).

Barry

Jim mac
08-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Im sure if you go to any class III dealer they can get you the paper work to get you legal. I don't think its actually a liscense. you just need a gov't background check, get fingerprinted and pay a $250 transfer tax. I think you have to also inform the govt of where you plan on having it locked and stored. Worse part even with the okay, from what I understand it is you can only purchase full autos made and registered before the ban in 1986 so your looking a $2500 for a pos sten gun that originally cost 6 bucks to make. or
10K+ for a nicer machine gun. But it would be fun as heck to own one. I bought a sten gun parts kit to build a semiauto but after talking to the gunsmith about getting it legal I ended up selling the thing. Pic of my toys Jim

ATC crazy
08-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Not to steal the thread, nut does anyone know what it takes to get a class III license??? I have always wonder and plan on getting one someday....:beer

Here are the basics:

For one...you have to be over 21 years old, and you cant have any kind of bad record.

You then have to complete a "Form 4" and have the CLEO (chief law enforcement officer) from your city to sign it.

You then send 2 picture ID's, finger prints, the signed Form 4, and $200 to the BATFE. You will wait anywhere from a couple months, up to a year to hear back from them confirming, or declining your "license"

I think thats it....

However...a NFA firearm is not cheap. The cheapest you will find, are MAC-10's and such at about $4,000. A cheap AK-47 is $16,000-$18,000, and a couple grand more for a M16.

M60's and B.A.R.'s are going to run about $40K-$75K

"Tommy" Guns are around $20-$22K

Dont forget that you have to pay the $200 transfer fee, on top of the dealer fee for any, and every single NFA item.

edog
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
357 have very little recoil in a heavy gun like that.Try it in a Smith and Wesson Snub nose.That will have a little kick.

I love handguns,here's mine

forgive my I just had too.

It's a Thompsone Center Encore chambered in 454 Casull

ATC crazy
08-30-2006, 03:11 PM

What modle is it? Romanian, Chinese, etc??

Its a Bulgarian SSR-85C-2, built on an Armory USA 1.6mm receiver. I will post pics in a couple of days...

Lomax
08-30-2006, 10:07 PM
My every day carry is the springfield armory XD .45, I couldnt even imagine carrying a DE of any caliber as a carry weapon. IMO they are like a two wheel drive truck with a suspension lift, worth about as much as tits on a boar-hog. Good purchase though, glad to see you excercising your rights.

Barry

The springfield 45 is an excellent choice of a gun. Havent messed with alot of Rugers yet. Not real fond of a DE I see, They may not be everyone's first choice but even if the gun is large, that usually means its MUCH more intemitading to anyone who dares cross the line. I bought a pair of these but I gave one to my dad as a present. I wouldnt trade it for anything. I do plan on getting a Colt or springfield .45 for an under-the-counter gun up here at the store. Wouldnt trade this DE for 10 of them though.........
-Will

85ytz250n
08-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Its not that I am not real fond of them, they just arent practical for what I would use it for. I agree with you though, it would definetly get peoples attention quicker than say a .25. I dont really have any experience with colts, though if I had the chance I would get a peacemaker, always wanted to learn the fastdraw. Last time I tried that was with my litte 22 revolver and I dropped it and almost shot myself in the nads.

Barry

Lomax
08-31-2006, 06:05 PM
there are some sprinfields that are based on the colt 1911 style frame with makes them basically the same