PDA

View Full Version : brother doesn't ware helmet after near fatal accident

trikes4life
08-31-2006, 11:57 AM
me and my brother got into a near fatal accident where we hit head on, our trikes. We where not wearing helmets or any of our riding gear, i went to put my trimoto in my barn because i was going to let it sit for some time, but i decided to putt around my race track 2nd gear. Well my brother woke up and heard me starting the trimoto, and he went out and started his 200s. he would only ride when i ride. he was following me and i didn't know it my gander mountain hat flew off and i stoped to pick it up and he was whipping around the tack in fith gear . We hit head on i got a minor concusion, and he got a crushed face, blood on the brain, eye isues, major hearing damage, and broken teeth. his face was rebuilt, loss much of his hearing in the left ear and some of his right, teeth fixed, and may have short term memory loss.. we tried to keep if quiet, and did not call the ambulance, but the news got wind of the accident anyway, but they did not know our names. after all this he will not wear a helmet when he goes ripping around the yard. he will wear one if we go out riding. but when i am not with him he will not wear one. i dont know how to get him to ware one anytime he gets on the trike or quad

Cody
08-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Thats crazy....

SYKO
08-31-2006, 12:09 PM
man, that sucks, when did this happen? after that most people wouldnt even ride, but he rides still and dosnt wear a helmet? he could have come out of that acident unscaved if he was wearing a helmet, unfourtuantly you may never convince him

Dammit!
08-31-2006, 12:10 PM
How old is your brother?

topoortorideon4
08-31-2006, 12:17 PM
he is a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* stupid idiot. after that crash he could be eating through a straw or even be a potato and he still didnt learn a thing.

SYKO
08-31-2006, 12:21 PM
i hearbuy quote RON WHITE

"CANT HELP STUPID"

trikes4life
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
man, that sucks, when did this happen? after that most people wouldnt even ride, but he rides still and dosnt wear a helmet? he could have come out of that acident unscaved if he was wearing a helmet, unfourtuantly you may never convince him It happen during regents week in june. i could not take the regents test so i failed school. I could not work throught the summer like i planned, wanted to go into winter with a 200x or a 250 big red. The summer was *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, planns all went to hell.

trikes4life
08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
How old is your brother?
he is seventeen

trikes4life
08-31-2006, 12:29 PM
i had a spare 200s frame and put a front end on his 200s. We where riding before is plastic surgery date.

topoortorideon4
08-31-2006, 12:39 PM
It happen during regents week in june. i could not take the regents test so i failed school. I could not work throught the summer like i planned, wanted to go into winter with a 200x or a 250 big red. The summer was *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, planns all went to hell.
Waite a second arent you the one that tells me im too big for a 200x.jk

ATC-Eric
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Thats rough man.

How did the bikes come out? Just some bent forks?

250r'en +TCB
08-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I always say this to people who don't wear helmets "There is a BIG differnce between being tough and being stupid...."

I'm convinced if a helmet has if not saved my life, it's at least kept me out of a hospital bed or wheel-chair....... The question is why wouldn't you were a helmet???

darrel632
08-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Pull the motor and lock it up ;don't let him ride without a bucket, the next thing you'll be doing is going to a funeral if he doesn't get it together.

Billy Golightly
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Pull the CDI box off and keep it on you. Tell him he aint riding unless he gets a lid. Sucks you have to be an asshole like that but if it keeps him from killing himself (And thats exactly what it would be) its worth it.

Rm250RF900R
08-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Well it looks like his brother is replying to this thread. All I have to tell you is this, WEAR A HELMET!

DeePa
08-31-2006, 04:17 PM
darwinism at its best

TimSr
08-31-2006, 04:28 PM
he is seventeen

Parents?????

mean350
08-31-2006, 04:30 PM
i cant say much because i never where my helmet unless im on my cr.

topoortorideon4
08-31-2006, 04:47 PM
his brother is just stupid. he knows what kind of injuries can occur if he dont wear a helmet.you cant tell him anything because he is smart!

Mike_Ham_250R
08-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Your brother and Mean350 act like 3 year olds.

mean350
08-31-2006, 09:08 PM
i dont act like a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* 3yr. old. wearing a helmet is your own choice. the way i go about it is if i wreck i wreck if i get hurt or killed oh well.. i just dont care
And by the way im sure that you rode something without a helmet before too.

85hondaatc125m
08-31-2006, 10:34 PM
I dont mean to get into your personal bussiness mean350, but you might not care, but your family will when they are at you funeral. I always wear mine unless im going down the driveway to wash my trike or for 1 quick spin around the yard after I have done some work too it. A helmet has also saved me from a concusion. When I hit a 1 foot bank of snow I thought was soft, but it wasnt,i got some air. when I came down I wasnt expecting it and my head hit the plastic part mounted on the handlebars.

threewheelin-feelin
09-01-2006, 01:20 AM
back in the day i didnt even own a helmet when i had my 200s....but pretty much everything is light riding on a 200s lol.....as soon as i bought my 350x i went to bass pro shop and got me a sweet camo helmet....ive made it a habbit to always put it on when i ride inless im just moving the bike somewhere or just a quick spin around the yard....get a helmet...even if you dont care it makes us off road riders look better if we atleast wear are saftey gear:cool:

traxxasx
09-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Well if all that happend and he dident realize to where a helmet after that i guess nothing will. Tell your brother the truth that you rather have him as a brother then riding you trike, tell him if he doesent wear a helmet then you wont ride at all anymore because you care to much. Dident your parents have any say in this? Havent the said to where a helmet? Or they would take his trike away? I somtime dont wear a helmet when i go around the block but then again i never going past 2nd gear. You never know whats ganna happen. If he has his helmet he would be scared and a lil scratched up thats all. Feel sorry for him that he had to go threw that, but its a lesson that some people have to have somthing bad happend to them for them to listen or realize whats at stake. Good luck, and if he is reading this please wear your helmet, the next thread we dont want to see is my brother died cause he had no helmet on. It will ruin so many things for you and your family and give trikes another bad rep, because he didnet have a helmet on.

Billy Golightly
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
i dont act like a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* 3yr. old. wearing a helmet is your own choice. the way i go about it is if i wreck i wreck if i get hurt or killed oh well.. i just dont care
And by the way im sure that you rode something without a helmet before too.

Well if you dont care about killing yourself then how about wearing a helmet just to help keep all the rest of us from looking like idiots by you becoming another statistic?

This is so stupid, they ought to have you type of people in a whole different other category then people actually accidently hurt or killed.

To the original poster: Beat his ass. A more extreme but probably effective soloution is for you to get rid of all the trikes (yours included) until he can learn to have a little self respect and for those others around him.

RedRider_AK
09-01-2006, 01:50 PM
This is so stupid, they ought to have you type of people in a whole different other category then people actually accidently hurt or killed.

Someone else in favor of the ************ who commited Suicide" section of the newspaper? It would be placed on the same page as Obituaries. :lol:

Oh yeah, and this thread really ought to be deleted. If the reason isn't apparent to anyone, they must be really dumb.

trikes4life
09-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Thats rough man.

How did the bikes come out? Just some bent forks?

his tripple trees completely twisted, forks turned into u's, blew the front fender apart, blew a rear bearing, huge dent in the tank (un fixable). twisted the foot pegs, tweaked the frame in the rear someware. Mine slight bent handel bars, bent break lever (both foot and hand), dented tank cover, and destroyed my aftermaket ytm 175 exhaust, can not located another one like it. but all fix able

deathman53
09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
put a pad lock in the rear sprocket or disc, that will stop him from riding.

ATC-Eric
09-01-2006, 07:55 PM
his tripple trees completely twisted, forks turned into u's, blew the front fender apart, blew a rear bearing, huge dent in the tank (un fixable). twisted the foot pegs, tweaked the frame in the rear someware. Mine slight bent handel bars, bent break lever (both foot and hand), dented tank cover, and destroyed my aftermaket ytm 175 exhaust, can not located another one like it. but all fix able

:eek: Holy Crap!!!!!!! Im suprised all he hurt was his face. He destroyed those bikes!!!!!

Im sorry to here that man(bros face, and bikes). The whole experience must have been very taxing.

85hondaatc125m
09-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Is he your big brother or your little brother? If he is your bigger brother, I dont think you will be able to do any of that stuff or else he will beat you to death just to get the trike going.

russell56443
09-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Im a bad one to talk,I got a Honda MR 50 when I was like 6 or so but not a helmet lol!!
I had lots of bikes after that and still no helmet.
I never got one until I was like 12 and was riding street bikes in town without a license and was trying to look legal lol.
In my old age I am begining to get a bit smarter and Im thinking this helmet thing is a good idea,I just cant remember to get mine before I get on a ATV lol
If ya have had a wreck like that you should deffintly be wearing a helmet guys,you ride pretty hard!!
I bet it would be fun as hell trying to keep up with you guys though LOL!!!

OldManDM
09-05-2006, 10:53 AM
i have had more wrecks in my 26 years of trike riding and racing than i care to remember,and several of which were pretty severe....and wearing a helmet is the only reason i came out of them with minor injuries if any!...have also had several street bike wrecks that by rights i should not have walked away from,but did mostly due to helmet wearing......my wife and both my boys all ride and ALWAYS wear helmets.......and mean350,you say you just don`t care?......obviously you are still young in age making a statement like that and as a parent,i personally would never want to attend my child`s funeral...so if not for yourself,think about how much you will hurt them if you kill yourself riding....or do you not care about them either?......anyway,just my 2 cents worth...i`ll step down and turn the soapbox over to somebody else now

BTW,sorry to hear about your brother trikes4life....hopefully he will start practicing some common sense!

smyers33
09-05-2006, 10:10 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1282/4339128/9146936/137939829.jpg