PDA

View Full Version : I need info on cr500 motor in atc250r

deathman53
09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I want to build a atc250r, but with a cr500 motor. How hard is this to do, what frame mods needed and stuff? Is this gonna be any good for mx use? I know I will have to use a extended swinger, but anything above +4 just isn't for me. I know some of you guys them, let me know what is invovled. I will plan on using inverted forks, possiblly modding the frame to use a no-link shock, short track setup, and how/what do I have to do for it o run somewhat cool?

gasmask
09-06-2006, 10:39 PM
I want to build a atc250r, but with a cr500 motor. How hard is this to do, what frame mods needed and stuff? Is this gonna be any good for mx use? I know I will have to use a extended swinger, but anything above +4 just isn't for me. I know some of you guys them, let me know what is invovled. I will plan on using inverted forks, possiblly modding the frame to use a no-link shock, short track setup, and how/what do I have to do for it o run somewhat cool?
click on the search tab, type in 500r and go from there. also go to 3wheeler.org and do the same search. look for 200xbasket post. he have one that's step by step.

PWK39
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Dude im ramming an 89 cr250 in the cracked 85 frame you gave me a few years back,thanks for that by the way.:) It's taking forever though.I do a little then stop.i'll finish it one of these years:rolleyes:

Billy Golightly
09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I hope to in a couple months have a frame using all 250R parts and geometry ready for the Cr500 motor completed. For now the only real option is highly modifying the 250R frame, and there is a lot to be done.

deathman53
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
any luck with fixing the cracked tube? Find any more? I cracked mine recently above the head, where the cross bar goes into the main tube. I had it fixed, I'l fix another break in the frame and then it gets given away. I have a pced, reinforced frame ready to go if I need it.

PWK39
09-08-2006, 07:00 PM
any luck with fixing the cracked tube? Find any more? I cracked mine recently above the head, where the cross bar goes into the main tube. I had it fixed, I'l fix another break in the frame and then it gets given away. I have a pced, reinforced frame ready to go if I need it.

I cut off the part that was cracked.I'm making a whole new cradle.I found another crack up on the main tube above the headlike you described.I welded it but it will crack again unless I stress relive the frame.I wont be hitting any major jumps like you though.I think it will hold for awhlie.I guess
maybe someone should start making chromoly frames.That would be awsome.