PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarden Speller ???

84honda200s
09-06-2006, 11:02 PM
i am writing this because i see other people on thses forums that is 2 times worse than me. if you call me a "Kindergarden Speller"when there are othes on here that do the same thing. i also got in trubble for typing around the "blocks" like "DONT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTER" i see tons of other people doing it. im not trying to be a baby about it but if you rip on me for my typing and going around your "blocks" you better do it to other people too.

i know i am seeming like a big baby about this but im not. im getting sick of getting picked on because i cant spell good enough for you guys. some no most of you guys are real helpfull. but i am beginning to thing the rest are just here to rip on other people!

i know i am probably get picked on for crying or being a baby or what not but ooooooooooooooo well nothing new. same *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* different day. no matter what you guys think of me or my spelling this will still be my # 1 forums. "yes i can spell forums" i try my best to spell. at least my sentences dont go on forever like ive also seen on here.

if i steped on any toes i didnt mean to do so. i am just sick of getting riped on for something as stupid as spelling. i am going away for a few days if you want to ban you can but i will still visit the forums even though would be ban. i love this site too much to just leave it.

i hope to talk to you guys in a few days. peace out

minitrikemania
09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
ya i will admit i cant spell very well either , but some people should just grow up and stop worrieing abour spelling, if the forum was about spelling it wouldnt be called 3wheelerworldforums , so im one who do not think you are being a baby , i got made fun of on another forum for my spellin so im here wit ya :beer

Billy Golightly
09-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Personally I do have a problem with the poor spelling and grammar on the forum that some people have. And I will explain why. A few years ago when we were feuding with ole rick sieman, every letter that was mailed in support of three-wheelers without proper formatting and grammar he ripped to shreads. Mainly pointing out that if the people writing these letters were not even able to format or write the letter properly they surely had no business trying to explain their opinon on why they thought three-wheelers were safe. It more or less, further promoted his theory that the only people who ride trikes are un-intelligent rednecks that lack enough brain power to even make it through the day. So, since then, I've tried very diligently to make sure everyone does or atleast TRIES TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY to speak (or in this case, write/type) in a sensible, understandable fashion. I only wish to help promote ourselves in a positive light then to give anyone against us anymore ammunition then they already have.

With that being said, I don't expect or want every message on here to be perfect but I would appreciate people taking the time to alteast re-read their posts once before they hit the reply button. If you arent sure on the spelling of a word you can go to www.m-w.com which is the Merriam Webster website to look it up.

TravEX
09-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Sometimes the shorthand gets out of control.

Travis

84honda200s
09-06-2006, 11:53 PM
i dont blame you. but i try my best. most of the time im on the fly so to speek. you need to believe me i do try my best im not one of those morons that do it on purpose to drive you or anyone else nuts.

Yamahauler
09-07-2006, 12:05 AM
hahaha, I just noticed they spelled Kindergarten wrong...t not d

Dammit!
09-07-2006, 12:11 AM
And I will explain why. A few years ago when we were feuding with ole rick sieman, every letter that was mailed in support of three-wheelers without proper formatting and grammar he ripped to shreads.

That would be spelled "shreds". :banned:

dwolf8u
09-07-2006, 12:57 AM
:D hookt on fonicks werks four mee........;) .....LOL...:naughty:.we all have our faults.hell, i can't dance,sing,use chopsticks,or fart the national anthem...so give the guy a break.just because someone doesn't spell very well doesn't mean they should get harassed about it on a 3 wheeler website!!!WTF... we are all on here because we enjoy 3 wheelers....whine about something else on here like, people that ride coffee tables with wheels (quads)..:mad:...late!

ATC-Eric
09-07-2006, 01:23 AM

OWNED!!!!! :p

RedRider_AK
09-07-2006, 01:27 AM
OWNED

:D Isn't that spelled PWNED?

84honda200s
09-07-2006, 01:33 AM
lol can be we are americans we spell how we want even if it makes no sence at all.

ATC-Eric
09-07-2006, 01:39 AM
:D Isn't that spelled PWNED?

All that matters is that there was ownage involved!

chris200x
09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=55644

:lol: :lol: :lol: I believe this is how you got your title....

SYKO
09-07-2006, 08:17 AM
oohhhh ok, now I remember where all this came from....... I was like wtf? is going on?

Billy Golightly
09-07-2006, 08:21 AM

Tires are also "tyres" in the UK. :lol:

firehart
09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
I agree with Billy. I think if the author rereads his/her post before they post they will find most of their mistakes. Sometimes I don't find them till it posts then I have to edit it. Some misspelling or missing letters is bound to happen. But going around the blocks or writing some kind of shortcut writing is rude and shows a sign of disrespect to the readers. Just my opinion.

Howdy
09-07-2006, 08:55 AM
ya i will admit i cant spell very well either , but some people should just grow up and stop worrieing abour spelling, if the forum was about spelling it wouldnt be called 3wheelerworldforums , so im one who do not think you are being a baby , i got made fun of on another forum for my spellin so im here wit ya :beer

If users would at least try to spell and use some what proper punctuation, then the other users wouldn't have to work so hard to figure out what was said or ask ( yes, it really is that simple ). Some users have used so bad of english that I couldn't tell if they were asking if we thought they were dumb or if they were asking a legit 3wheeler question. There are quite a few users that have decided to no longer answer or help other users that can't at least give some effort to make their postings understandable. Yea, I am one of those users, and I am proud of it. I know my grammer and spelling isn't perfect, but at least it's understandable.

hahaha, I just noticed they spelled Kindergarten wrong...t not d

Your the second person that mentioned that. The other user mentioned in in Chat a few weeks ago. And as I told him: It was spelled that way on purpose. It was done to show we do have a sense of humor.

Sometimes the shorthand gets out of control.

Travis

That is a understatement!! My feelings is this: You want to type everything in shorthand? Then do it in the chat room. That is where it got started and I personally feel it should stay there.

Snickers ( hehe ), your right on the money!! Too bad it took a month and a half for some to notice it ( it was given within days of those postings ). Can you say OWNED or PWNED! lol :crazy:

smackkk
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
OR in the words of Larry The Cable Guy ..... If guns kill people, then my pencil mispelled these words .... !!! Git-R-Dun !!!

Squirrel Master
09-07-2006, 09:54 AM
OR in the words of Larry The Cable Guy ..... If guns kill people, then my pencil mispelled these words .... !!! Git-R-Dun !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe there could be some sort of spell checker where you type...or is there already?

petesatc
09-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Tires are also "tyres" in the UK. :lol:
Yeh the other one that gets me is 'Favor' we spell it 'Favour' over here and didn't we come up with the english language????.....LOL

TimSr
09-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Since I am the moderator most likely to jump on you for "typing around the word filters", I will address that complaint first. First, saying that somebody else did it, and I didnt happen to catch it is NO justification, and I cant believe I would have to tell an adult that. I am sorry I didnt catch their post and jump on them. Im not sorry for jumping on you for it. WHY do I get so upset? When you take the time to stick other characters in a word because you know the word filter would otherwise edit it out tells me you know the forum rules, and you are deliberately saying "screw you" and giving the finger to all of those who are charged with enforcing those rules on these forums. That is how we feel about it. NO PROFANITY means NO PROFANITY. The fact that people think they found a cute way to type profanity so that I now have to MANUALLY edit it out instead of the filters doing it automatically does not amuse me, and ticks me off! If ANYONE makes a post, and the words "DONT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS" got edited in by me in place of your cute stunt, and were ignored, you should expect a problem next time you attempt to log in, for about 3 days (the first time). If somebody got away with it, it means I didnt catch it. If you want to point them out to me, Ill be happy to do the same for them.

As for jumping on people who dont have the ability to spell or use proper grammer, NOBODY has ever been jumped on for that! People get jumped on for being pathetically lazy and deliberately acting STUPID. DELIBERATE is the key word here. If you TRY to communicate in English, no one will have a problem with you. Is there anyone out there who DOES NOT KNOW that a sentence begins with a capital letter, and ends with punctuation? ANYBODY AT ALL????? (That would be a period, question mark or exclamation point for those who are less advanced.) To type a bunch of nonsensical garbage with no indication of where a sentence begins and ands is not just extremely difficult to read, but is about as rude as talking to somebody while having a big turd in your mouth. DONT! As for spelling, everybody can understand that many people cannot spell and make typos, but is there really ANYBODY out there who cannot spell "you", "your", "see", "because", "before" and other 1st grade spelling words? ANYBODY AT ALL????? Chatroom shorthand is not allowed in the forums, and its ridiculous that we get caught up having to filter out this crap because people would rather give us the finger and "type however they want" than write so people can read it. If you cant spell "you" or "see" and you cant start with a capital letter and end with a period, you have no business typing or writing anything anywhere, and you certainly dont help the cause of promoting 3 wheelers to people who already think we are a bunch of inbred morons.

All, I ask is that people TRY to type right, and to obey the spirit of the forum rules on profanity so that this site can be enjoyable and fit for my kid and for other families, and a place that we can be proud to have visitors read member posts. If they wouldnt print it in "Dirt Wheels", it doesnt belong here either. If everybody keeps this in mind, they will have no problems with me, no matter how poorly they spell. If they can find cute ways to deliberately trash these forums we have worked so hard to keep clean out of malice or laziness, I WILL live up to my title!

topoortorideon4
09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
You should see trikes4lifes brother he spells worse than a illiterate mexican. But he gets lost at the end of his driveway.

ATC crazy
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I dont mind when people make simple mistakes while spelling. Heck, I do it sometimes. Its the people who dont even try that piss me off. The one's who type shorthand and talk (type) like gangsta's.

84Honda200S: Try to practice on your punctuation. Specifically capitalization :D

85ytz250n
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I think you are looking at it in the wrong light, instead of looking at it as if someone is making fun of you, look at it like some one likes you enough to give you a nick-name. Where I am from any man who gets a nickname is proud to be recognized. Whether proud or just a good actor no one takes offense, cause that isnt the way it was intended. Lighten up, and get used to the name, the more you fight it the harder it will stick.

Barry

wheelie king
09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Or, you could have a title like MINE! :D :D :D

Heck, I am proud of it, because there is kinda a....uh.......well, ok- there is definitely a funny story behind it!

Don't sweat the small stuff, cause as some said, it's kinda cool that you have a nickname/title that sets you apart.

Bryan Raffa
09-08-2006, 01:50 PM
YEP!! theres a story behind my title too!...... But were not going to go there...LMAO!

Banage
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
yall know, a while back i asked fer a spell checker, and was told they(admins) are working on it. But it aint heere yet. I is thinking it are time to ask again fer it

crackshot
09-08-2006, 02:46 PM
You should see trikes4lifes brother he spells worse than a illiterate mexican. But he gets lost at the end of his driveway.

LOL. That is some funny stuff!

84honda200s
09-12-2006, 01:55 AM

yea well stuff happens. i was steaming and got stupid and careless. so i guess i brought it on my self. ooooooooooo well whatever. so i cant spell the best all the time and i did get better at it.

84honda200s
09-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Since I am the moderator most likely to jump on you for "typing around the word filters", I will address that complaint first. First, saying that somebody else did it, and I didnt happen to catch it is NO justification, and I cant believe I would have to tell an adult that. I am sorry I didnt catch their post and jump on them. Im not sorry for jumping on you for it. WHY do I get so upset? When you take the time to stick other characters in a word because you know the word filter would otherwise edit it out tells me you know the forum rules, and you are deliberately saying "screw you" and giving the finger to all of those who are charged with enforcing those rules on these forums. That is how we feel about it. NO PROFANITY means NO PROFANITY. The fact that people think they found a cute way to type profanity so that I now have to MANUALLY edit it out instead of the filters doing it automatically does not amuse me, and ticks me off! If ANYONE makes a post, and the words "DONT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS" got edited in by me in place of your cute stunt, and were ignored, you should expect a problem next time you attempt to log in, for about 3 days (the first time). If somebody got away with it, it means I didnt catch it. If you want to point them out to me, Ill be happy to do the same for them.

As for jumping on people who dont have the ability to spell or use proper grammer, NOBODY has ever been jumped on for that! People get jumped on for being pathetically lazy and deliberately acting STUPID. DELIBERATE is the key word here. If you TRY to communicate in English, no one will have a problem with you. Is there anyone out there who DOES NOT KNOW that a sentence begins with a capital letter, and ends with punctuation? ANYBODY AT ALL????? (That would be a period, question mark or exclamation point for those who are less advanced.) To type a bunch of nonsensical garbage with no indication of where a sentence begins and ands is not just extremely difficult to read, but is about as rude as talking to somebody while having a big turd in your mouth. DONT! As for spelling, everybody can understand that many people cannot spell and make typos, but is there really ANYBODY out there who cannot spell "you", "your", "see", "because", "before" and other 1st grade spelling words? ANYBODY AT ALL????? Chatroom shorthand is not allowed in the forums, and its ridiculous that we get caught up having to filter out this crap because people would rather give us the finger and "type however they want" than write so people can read it. If you cant spell "you" or "see" and you cant start with a capital letter and end with a period, you have no business typing or writing anything anywhere, and you certainly dont help the cause of promoting 3 wheelers to people who already think we are a bunch of inbred morons.

All, I ask is that people TRY to type right, and to obey the spirit of the forum rules on profanity so that this site can be enjoyable and fit for my kid and for other families, and a place that we can be proud to have visitors read member posts. If they wouldnt print it in "Dirt Wheels", it doesnt belong here either. If everybody keeps this in mind, they will have no problems with me, no matter how poorly they spell. If they can find cute ways to deliberately trash these forums we have worked so hard to keep clean out of malice or laziness, I WILL live up to my title!

i am truly sorry for typing around your filters. i was used to a forum i was part of that had no filter so i used the cash signs and so on to make it harder for younger people to understand what was going on. i have a 8 year old brother and i dont like him reading that crap when he comes over so believe me when i say im sorry.

i understand the "short hand" stuff 100% it does get out of hand sometimes and i try not to use it. to tell you the truth i think i may have used it like 5 times or something along that number. i admit i have used it. i am also sorry about that.

like i said before i try my best. if people think we the 3 wheeler riders are a bunch of inbred morons they need to know us better. i dont know about you guy but if someone came up to me and called me that i would kick his butt or at least go down fighting for what i like to do. the real inbred morons are the ones that cant open their minds and listen to what we have to say wether we can spell or not!

p.s. about my name cant i at least be second or third grade please?? after all it is a new school year for the kids i need to move up too. lol