10-17-2002, 03:38 PM
Banshee's rule!! Here we go again lol :twisted:

ATCRYDER
10-17-2002, 05:28 PM
Agreeeeed.

Mwhaha :twisted:

Howdy
10-17-2002, 08:12 PM
This goes to show Ryder will answer any and all post.

10-17-2002, 08:14 PM
oooh b00h00

OldSchoolin86
10-17-2002, 09:29 PM
He'll follow up any comment too.

ATCRYDER
10-18-2002, 11:37 AM
???.... :rolleyes:

dogger
10-18-2002, 07:40 PM
he also has nothing better to do then to sit around on a computer and wait for somebody to post something.

10-18-2002, 08:09 PM
wow-e...

I thought this was abotu Banshees but If im not wanted.....then Im not wanted.

I tried. :rolleyes:

Big Darn Mike C
10-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey! Let's not get away from the issue at hand. Banshee's rule!!

OldSchoolin86
10-19-2002, 06:12 PM
Okay here you go...

I like the Banshee but I think they stink for woods and track. I almost bought one instead of my 400EX but I'd rather have that nice balance and feel that only a TRX250R style quad can give you. What is it with Yamaha and big power motors in wierd setups?

Big Darn Mike C
10-20-2002, 08:45 PM
I pretty well agree. However, I believe that they can be setup to be decent in the woods. You really gotta hand it to yamaha for attacking the sport like they do with their big power bikes like the Raptor and Banshee.

karnivore660r
10-21-2002, 06:15 PM
:evil: Yeah! Yamaha's RULE! period.

oh yeah, Honda's are alright too. :rolleyes:

When I wanted a new quad there was the 400ex, Banshee and raptor. oh yeah and bombardier and cannondale, I'm still looking for a local dealer for those.

I wanted a 4 stroke, nix the banshee.

And I wanted to not have to open the motor for more power, nix the ex.

So I went with the raptor. Is it the best handler, nope but it does handle good and I don't mind the standard width and suspension upgrades. ;) And I hope some day I will be able to turn without "tipping" over. :rolleyes: :-P :-D

OldSchoolin86
10-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Put that beer down! Then you might not tip as much.j/k LOL

As far as handling, what was Yamaha going for with the Raptor? Banshee?

Tri-Z_Jim
10-21-2002, 07:33 PM
I dont care how setup the banshee is.A blaster can steer alot sharper than any banshee.A banshee motor isnt designed to produce alot of tourque at a low rpm. I've had banshee owners tell me that they suck in the woods.Some even say"I wish I hadnt of bought this piece of sh*t".
Right now I'm learning the art of ATV tree climbing ;)

karnivore660r
10-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Put that beer down ??? What are you some kind of sedist?

I think the banshee is just a 15+ year old design. Sooo many people kept buying them so they probably where like hell they must like it so we'll keep it the same. I have only rode a banshee once and pretty much just in a straight line but as I recall it didn't turn that bad.

I think with the raptor they where going for a tight woods bike since the banshee is pretty much a duner, so they made it real narrow. I have widened the rear and plan on widening the front mainly just because it feels narrow now with the back widened plus I want a long travel suspension set-up. Personnally I like the way the raptor sits & handles, are other quads out there that handle a little bit better, sure but I never plan on racing professionally so I could care less about that second or two I may loose in real tight stuff. At the risk of trying to sound macho, sitting on other quads they just feel like toys even though their really not that much different in size and probably even bigger.

I think back to our latest trip to haspim acres. We all were riding the XC course, breaking away from the pack was a trike (atcmike - I hope i have that right), an ex (oldschoolin) and me on the rap. We all were hitting it hard, not pushing our limits but fairly hard. Nobody really had the clear cut advantage or disadvantage just because of there machine and I believe at some point in time we all had to take a second to wait for one member or another because of one thing only, rider error and that's it.

It all comes down to personnal preference.

I like to think of it this way. Take an old school muscle car and a rice burner for example. If your use to driving a muscle car and then sit in a rice burner you'd be like f**k this and vice versa. Is there really anything wrong with either one, nope it's just all in what your use too. Put some seat time in either one and you'll learn how each one handles, the rice burner will still be better on a street course but the muscle car will shine in other areas.

The more options that are out there the better it is for everyone.

Sorry for the long post, that's why I titled it that way :-P but if your going to reply please read the whole post and not just comment on one piece ya read. thanks

OldSchoolin86
10-22-2002, 11:23 AM
I don't think It could be said any better than that. The guy on the atc was MC ATC. He was the one all tired out.j/k :-D

HemiChallenger71
10-22-2002, 08:44 PM
If I had $6,000 for a quad, it would not be a Banshee. If I had some money to burn, and wanted a screaming fast quad, it would be a Banshee.

bebeav
10-25-2002, 04:29 PM
that's funny for you, 6k for a shee, where i live (quebec) a brand new shee worth a least 9.5k, that's a bunch of cash

ALP
Beav

ATC crazy
10-26-2002, 04:48 PM
:shock: Shoot, if I had $6k i wouldn't buy a Banshee. I would go straight to the '88 250R. Buy one in good condition for $2,500 and buy $3,500 in aftermarket accesories and smoke a '02 banshee in 4th gear....or 5th depending on what you did to the engine.

Kilborg
10-26-2002, 05:47 PM
If I had 6k to waste, I would buy myself a decent pickup, and get my Atc250r up to snuff. The only quads I would even consider are the 250r, and the banshee (at the given time). The new 4x4's are great for plonking around, but I'm waiting til I get to the point where I can't handle skying my machine anymore.

Big Darn Mike C
10-27-2002, 05:54 PM
If I had all the money at once I probably would have got a 250R. Those are sweet 250R's. But I had to finance. When i get to workin on my shee though no 250R is going to smoke in in 4th.

MR ATC
10-28-2002, 12:38 PM
I don't think It could be said any better than that. The guy on the atc was MC ATC. He was the one all tired out.j/k :-D

What O.S. fails the mention (because he was so far back waiting for Karni to get up a hill) is the reason i was tired was from picking my trike up a hill i had gone around a corner a little to fast and high sided and my trike went down a hill a little and it was hard to pick it up and get it back on the trail with all the mud and brush.

oh by the way all the banshee's at haspin pretty much stayed on the drag strip were i beat 2 of them on O.S. 400ex. i never did see one in the woods

Big Darn Mike C
10-28-2002, 08:02 PM
That's because you are MR Freaking ATC man! You could beat a Banshee on a CT 70 right?! I have lost to a 400EX in loose dirt before, but never when I hook up. You should have seen our rooster tails, mine shot so far back it looked like the 400 wasn't even leaving one. The thing that sucks about riding at the dunes is you can't ride fast anymore because those damn 400EX's keep holding everyone up who wants to go fast.

10-28-2002, 10:43 PM
just a little touchy Little Mike?
oh and shooting big rooster tails is a Loss of traction weras the 400ex was getting traction can't fault a machine for getting traction.
lets all cry for Mike cause everyone is in his way.
someday the rest of us will be smart enough to buy a recycled golf cart.

jk mike don't get to upset.

Tri-Z_Jim
10-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Yamaha never made a banshee. What if some little jap guy in 1986 decided to improve on a tri-z motor and throw it in a chassis similar to a trx....instead of taking a 10? yr old streetbike engine and throwing it into a poorly desigend nose heavy frame w/ j-arm susp.(whoever decided to go w/ the banshee in 86 was on crack) Now figure that the 250 quad would progress as the YZ250 did.That would be one awesome quad for 2003.I rode a slightly modded 02 YZ250 and having that power in the right quad chassis would be lethal. As for the banshee,Yamaha could have made the banshee faster and more powerful but for what.The banshee had no competition and remained almost the same ever since the trx was scratched from production.Now that there's alot of big bore 4strokes on the market,Yamaha will improve on the raptor and leave the banshee mostly the same.

Big Darn Mike C
10-29-2002, 10:46 PM
No need to cry for me, i walways find a way around the slow guys.