PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Money with Paypal

ATCR250R
09-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I heard there was a law passed that the IRS or someone wants to take out tax money for transactions through paypal for ebay. I was wondering about this because I use my dads credit card for paypal to pay ebay fees and parts and to recieve money for my items and it all works fine and dandy but I heard that you have to claim how you got that money to the IRS or something like that and they take out taxes. Is that true and if so what should I do about the dilema. Thanks for any help. :TrikesOwn

Banage
09-09-2006, 07:03 PM
I never heard of this, and when i sold they never took anything out. I think its just a rumer

ATCR250R
09-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh and another question I have is that when you recieve an instant payment when someone has won an item is the money on your credit card account now? Like for example it says completed in my account so is the money available now if I order parts from Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain? Thanks for the help so far but also on that matter it wants me to upgrade the account from a personal. What should I do about that? Thanks again.

Banage
09-10-2006, 02:24 PM
I upgraded, it was free so i said no matter. And as far as reciving, I dont know how to get it off pay pal to my card, It was on my acct like a credit, but i used it back on ebay befor it matterd to me. sorry i cant answer your question

Billy Golightly
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
you can trasfer from your paypal account to a bank account, or have paypal write you a check and mail it to you. They cannot credit your credit cards. Not to my knowledge anyways.

dgould
09-10-2006, 10:04 PM
What you do is get a Paypal debit card. When someone pays you it puts a credit on your card. Either use it as a credit card to buy things anywhere you would use a credit card or go to a atm and withdraw up to $400 a day. Works great for me.

ClayW
09-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Read my recent post.. I would be VERY nervous about accepting paypal payments. I just got ripped.

ClayW