PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE Paypal Ripped Me Off, Your Next!

ClayW
09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
This is a fair warning to everyone:eek: . We have all heard here in the last 6 months or so the BAD and UNREAL things PayPal has done to many boardmembers and other people. Well they just bent me over for $250. Fair warning. If you are a SELLER on Ebay, it is in you best intrest NOT to accept Paypal as a form of payment. I may have understated that. YOU WILL BE SCREWED! Let me explain what happened. Once I do, many of you should be able to see how big of a risk you are taking by accepting PayPal payments. Especially for larger ticket items. $75 and up.

Ok... 2 months ago I sold a Fisher ID Excell Metal detector. It was 2 years old, but like new. Had only been used a handfull of times. Was like new in every sense. Sells new for $500 new. I sold it for $250 on ebay. I paid that for it a year ago. So.. I felt that wasnt too bad. Anyway, I got the paypal payment right away from the buyer. The next day I shipped it out UPS Ground with $300 Insurance on it. No biggie. Well this is where the whole thing goes south. 2 weeks AFTER DELIVERY I get a email from the buyer saying that its broken and doesnt work right. She also stated that I ripped her off. So im like.... WTF? It worked fine when I shipped it out. So I tell her that very thing. I then informed her that It was too late for me to make a Damage claim with UPS. Its been 2 weeks since delivery. She Says she wants her money back. I say shes out of luck. There was no warranty or guarentee on the item, and it clearly said no returns. So... She files a claim with paypal. This is where PAYPAL steps in and starts to bend me over. The hit my account for $250. There is no money in the account, so its at negative $250. Im in shock. So from there... I HAD TO FILE A CLAIM TO GET THE MONEY BACK in my acccout to get my ballance back to ZERO. Called paypal. They said I would have to file a claim. They said that from there she, the buyer, would have to get proof in writing from a shop that the Item was damaged.

This royally pissed me off for this reason. Just because its damaged NOW, doesnt mean that it was when I shipped it out. How do I know that it wasnt damaged by her kid or she dropped it etc... Im not friggen WAL_MART :crazy: Paypal says... sorry. Thats all she has to prove. Un freakin believable. I told them that she also waited to long to notify me of the problem, and that I cant even make a claim with UPS now. Again... SORRY... So I sat back and waited for the "investigation" to start and end. Its been 5 weeks now... I have called them numerous times, and logged into my account daily for updates etc... Didnt want to miss anything.

So Today.... I get a email from them finally. Here it is...

This claim has been reviewed and it has been determined that a full refund
> of the PayPal transaction (including shipping and handling) should be
> awarded to the buyer once the item, in its original condition, is returned
> to you. The buyer is responsible for shipping and handling costs related
> to
> returning the item to you.
>
>
>
> The buyer has 10 calendar days to provide proof of shipment for the item
> being returned. PayPal will issue a refund from your account once the we
> can confirm that the item was shipped.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Protection Services Department
>
>
>

So.. I call them up. I tell them that this investigation proves nothing. They say sorry, but the BUYER HAD PURCHASED THE BUYER PROTECTION, AND THAT I WAS BASICALLY OUT OF LUCK BECAUSE OF THAT. Sorry for the all caps. So.. I say, so that protection TRUMPS everything??? And they said that it basically does. They never contacted me once, looked at the auction / pictures of the item ON and working, requested more info or anything. Just BAM.. PAY UP!

I told them that I have had well over 200 used items sold on ebay and NEVER had a problem. Not even one. This did not matter to them. Your feedback and account history apparently mean nothing. So my warning is this. If you use Paypal to accept payments for auction items, do so at your own risk. Personally I think you are out of your mind if you do. They ( paypal )are the JUDGE, JURY, & EXECUTIONER. If you accept paypal payments for your auctions, this can and will happen to you. I repeat, it will happen to you! Its just a matter of when. Just think if this was a New OEM Speedo Head, fenders, or whatever. If the buyer purchased the buyer protection, and it arrives screwed up, or as in my case broke after it arrived, ( thats my belief) your responsible for giving them a Full refund. Is that total and complete BS or what. Im convinced that she dropped the detector after she got it.

They said that they WOULD NOT debt my checking account, but if I didn't refund the money, it would go to collection. I cant even remove my checking account info or credit cared info until its resolved. So im over a barrel. Paypal can go to hell. I am going to wait as LONG as possible to do anything. Even then I may not do anything. I will have to think about it. Especially if it shows up to my house damaged. It will be after Christmas for sure.

Im telling you guys... Its just a matter of time. They will screw you! If I do ever get my account straightened out, I will ONLY use paypal to buy things. Never for accepting auction payments. :twisted: Hell I may never use them again. Im pretty upset about this.

DO GET RIPPED OFF BY THEM.

You have been warned. :confused: AGAIN!!:eek:

ClayW

jason 32
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
i bet!!!---- 2 weeks ?,how much did she use it before deciding to say it was broke?
sold as is-!!!----- she waited its her fault
did she get the money and keep the product???
thats bullshit!!! -now you have to file a claim ,and possibly get a lawer involved??
that means more time ,and more money

ClayW
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
i bet!!!---- 2 weeks ?,how much did she use it before deciding to say it was broke?
sold as is-!!!----- she waited its her fault
did she get the money and keep the product???
thats bullshit!!! -now you have to file a claim ,and possibly get a lawer involved??
that means more time ,and more money

Shes sending it back. So I asked paypal what if its busted and is not in the condition that it was in when I shipped it out? You know because above in their email it say something to the affect of when its recieved by me in its original condition. They said that I would then have to file an appeal. Then its another 10 days of reviewing. Its really scarry man. It appears that if the person buys the protection, and if it they arent happy with it, or it arrives busted, or they break it, your screwed. I asked them about why I never got a refund on a set of 350X footpegs that I paid for with paypal and the guy never shipped. 2 years now. They said that I didnt buy the protection. WTF?:rolleyes:

The BUYER has all the protection with paypal.

The SELLER has none.

Pete
09-11-2006, 02:55 PM
thats why I always withdraw my funds as soon as I receive them. If they want to be lame like that, I'll just make a new paypal account.

ClayW
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Trust me, I always withdraw the funds that are in there. Hince why the balance is Neg $250. Thats not a cure all. Now I cant use the account. At least until I put $250 in it thru transfers or selling items and accepting payments. I also know from other posts on here that they would be sharp enough to figure out that I opened another paypal account with the same checking account and credit card info. It will also not prevent it from going to a collection agency if I dont refund her.

Pete
09-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Trust me, I always withdraw the funds that are in there. Hince why the balance is Neg $250. Thats not a cure all. Now I cant use the account. At least until I put $250 in it thru transfers or selling items and accepting payments. I also know from other posts on here that they would be sharp enough to figure out that I opened another paypal account with the same checking account and credit card info. It will also not prevent it from going to a collection agency if I dont refund her.

maybe you should call a lawyer for a consultation and perhaps they could shed some light on the subject.

ClayW
09-11-2006, 03:22 PM
maybe you should call a lawyer for a consultation and perhaps they could shed some light on the subject.

From what I have heard that is a costly operation. More than the $250. Im not a corporation or a business. Im just like the rest of you guys. Sell things here and there that I dont need. And buy things that I do need. Paypal knows this is the case with the BULK of their members and they take advantage of it. :confused:

Pete
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
most of those deals you can get a free phone consultation..

ScottZJ
09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Post the users information, tele, addy and so on. Maybe someone on the board could pay her a visit and ask her what the deal is. hehe

petesatc
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeh this happen to me too.....still waiting for my $250 from paypal and that was over a year now so much for there "investigation" never heard a thing in a year!!!!!!!!!!!

LonesomeTriZ
09-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Yet another Paypal victim!

Everyone with payapal must stop using them!!!!!!!

ClayW
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
No kidding. They are bastards. Paypal is like the damn auction payment Mafia

LonesomeTriZ
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Haven't enough people hear enough horror stories?

My god, I know there are plenty here on this site that have had enough.

ClayW
09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Exactly John. Im with you on the trike. Thats the REALLY scarry one there. BIG TICKET ITEM. My problem is they stated that they would not debt any of my accounts connected to paypal. They said they cant do that. BUT.. I Repeat... BUT. It would be turned over to a collection agency. Apparently from doing some digging, I found out that Paypal has already refunded her due to the Buyer protection. I will actually owe PAYPAL the money, not her. What a load "a"*Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. Yeah I would do the open and close the account thing, but that would be a MAJOR headache for us. The account is 10yrs old and we do online banking for ALL of our bills. Talk about a hassel.

JUST THINK OF THIS. IF YOU SELL A TRIKE ON EBAY AND THEN SHIP IT TO SOMEONE. NOW READ BACK THRU MY POST. IF IT ARRIVED DAMAGED OR DAMAGED AFTER THE FACT, OR THE NEW OWNER DAMAGED IT, YOU WOULD BE OUT THE ENTIRE AMOUNT FOR THE BIKE if they filed a claim with Paypal. .:crazy: :eek:

THINK ABOUT THAT. Bend over and grab you ankles. Here it comes.

Sorry for the yelling.:)

LonesomeTriZ
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Again I simply state...

"Paypal freaking sucks."

ClayW
09-11-2006, 06:32 PM
You are absolutely 100% correct sir. Give the man a cigar.:lol: Hopefully Lonesome people will wake up. :crazy:

LonesomeTriZ
09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
That is what I am hoping for. I see complaints on here all the time about those pricks. But people keep using them. I do not get it.

ClayW
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah. Im thinking more and more about teling them to go jump in a lake. Bastards. Who gives a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* if it goes to collection. I am being screwed bigtime and am expected to have a smile on my face. At least thats what paypal thinks.

Billy Golightly
09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
I've only ever received money via Paypal a few times in the past, I use it mostly for buying. I think if I ever sell anything again though I will seriously look at other options...

Dammit!
09-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Anybody ever use bidpay? Are they any better?

ClayW
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I have been looking into them also. I think the only problem with them is no one knows about them hardly. Due to that, many people are not registered with them. THis makes it difficult to get payment that way or make a payment. They are kind of a unknown with a lot of people. Hopefully things will get better. You would think that the Federal Trade Commission would have a problem with PayPal. They have Monopolized the auction payment industry. If im wrong here let me know.

Clay

Dammit!
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
You would think that the Federal Trade Commission would have a problem with PayPal. They have Monopolized the auction payment industry.
Clay

Call the FTC and complain. :lol:

What the hell it can't hurt.

3tigers
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
she has to send it back and she has to have a tracking number otherwise she has no proof she sent it back.without tracking and if 10 days pass before she sends it, you will get all your money back automatically.she has 10 days and thats all.prey she doesnt send it back with tracking,just hope she is that stupid.

hrc85250r
09-11-2006, 09:03 PM
we had the same problem once with an indy 650 motor, he picked it up and paid cash thogh....he had for a week and a half and blew it up, told us it was our fault. we ended up giving him his money back, but we only did it to stay away form all of the bullcrap associated with the a-hole, but my pops snapped $#!T on him when he took it back because we had it running awesome before we sold it....

Billy Golightly
09-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Google has some type of paypal type thing out now called Google Wallet. Evidently it isn't finished yet but will be sometime soon...

ClayW
09-11-2006, 09:20 PM
That will be intresting when it comes out. Yeah hopefull this dumb you know what will screw up some where along the line.

Dammit!
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Google is going to take over the earth. The good news is that once they do, everytime you lose anything it'll be easy to find.

dreadhed
09-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Brake it in half when you get it back. Then send paypal a pic a told them that is how you got it back. Check out paypalsucks.com

ClayW
09-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Trust me, I have read thru that site multiple times. Hopefully something will change. More options out there. Paypal definately sucks... Actually, that might be a understatement.

Clay

ClayW
09-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Well heard back from them today after I filed an appeal yesterday. They said thank you for the information.... we will notify you if we need additional info. Thats what they said last time. BS. They will fart around for a few days and comeback and say the same thing.

Clay:wondering

Billy Golightly
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
This so sounds like the ordeal I went through a couple years ago about a shock I bought. It was a super high end Elka, retail for probably more then a grand. I was high bidder for $300 and no reserve :D I had emailed back and fourth wit hthe seller a couple times before asking questions before I sniped at the end. I won, sent money instantly. A few days later I get an email saying someone had hacked their account and they had never listed the item :rolleyes: and they refunded my money. They had purchased Raptor T-shirts, wheels, and misc stuff months before. The IP addresses were the same as from the first emails to when they said they had been hacked. I filed a "Non selling seller" thinga muh bob against them and then ebay got involved and said their account had been comprmised even though I had tons of proof it wasnt. The guy just got a raw deal and didn't get out of the shock what he wanted. I emailed all the info to ebay and they never did a damn thing. Heres the thread: http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=33473

Sqirtster
09-13-2006, 12:12 AM
I trying to figure this out. You purchase insurance on an item, they charge the seller if you're not satisfied. You make a purchase with no money in your paypal, (transfer) they charge the seller. Ebay (the "new" owners of paypal) and paypal wouldn't exist at all without sellers. WTF? I filed a claim with ebay and paypal as I never recieved an item after 5 weeks. They reviewed this for two weeks, then told me it was in my favor, but since there was no money in the sellers paypal account so they couldn't refund my money at this time. Y'all are right, paypal sucks hard.

LonesomeTriZ
09-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I can not say it enough. I would love to see the day when all the members here have flat out stopped using those twisted pricks.

jason 32
09-13-2006, 11:14 PM
well i have a new account-less than 2 weeks old ,and someone from romania,tried hacking in to it!!!! nice huh

ClayW
09-21-2006, 01:45 PM
WELL GUYS!!!! That Dumb ass hoe did not reply to paypal after I filed an appeal on their ruling. She did not respond to their email in the appropriate ammount of time and the case is CLOSED>:lock: :lol: Dumb Hoe. My account ballance is now ZERO. This is a good thing. LOL:D Now I can slam her ass on ebay with bad feedback. The dumb Whore needs to be :banned:
Tied up my account for 6+ weeks.

dreadhed
09-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Glad it worked out for you.

ClayW
09-21-2006, 01:54 PM
You and me both.

LonesomeTriZ
09-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Good. Now do the smart thing and stop using Paypal.

ClayW
09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Exactly. I will no longer sell much and accept paypal. I will possibly use it to pay for things. Not sure though. Im still pretty pissed about the whole thing.

ClayW
09-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I dont blame you at all John.

OldSchoolin86
09-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Good. Now do the smart thing and stop using Paypal.
I'll still use it to buy stuff but I no longer accept it as payment in my auctions. Too many crazy people out there and paypal gives them too much power.

Clay, glad to hear you won in the end here.

ClayW
09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks man. Yeah, thats kinda my thoughts too. I seems to be buyers tool. Not a sellers. I am just real uncomfortable about sending a postal money order to someone. They could take it and run, or what usually happens to my mail... the post office looses it. Hell I can put delivery conf, insurance, and tracking, and will never get conformation that the item was delivered.:rolleyes:

I think thats a wise move my friend.