PDA

View Full Version : closing in on deer season

dickieg89
09-12-2006, 10:03 PM
closing in on deer season here in my end of ny, will be my first year of bow hunting, I can't wait. anybody else?

farmerc
09-13-2006, 01:17 AM
I guess that I've all ready got the jump on it. Got one last week all ready in the the freezer.:twisted: For got mention that I hit with the Jeep on the way home from work. Barely even hit her,knock her out long enough for me to get and hit her in the head with a hammer so she wouldn't get and run away till the officer got to get the tag to take her home with me.Thank god for the winch mount on the front of the Jeep, still did 700 bucks worth of damage to the front end.:cry: All well the freezer full again for awhile.

250Rwolf
09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
are season started here sept.1st.. had a shot at a nice 4 point muley sunday but just didnt have a clear enough window oh well maybe this weekend. good luck on your hunts.and remember.... "can't grill it..till you kill it":D

mean350
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
yeh my bow season startas sep 30th. it wil be my first year bow hunting too. what kind of bow do you have? i have a hoyt ultramag.

250Rwolf
09-13-2006, 05:09 PM
shooting a PSE typhoon /aluminum arrows/100g broadheads

Tri-ZNate
09-13-2006, 05:24 PM
yeah this will be my second year of Bow hunting. Shooting a "Fred Bear Instict" with carbon arrows and a 120 grain broadhead on the front.

dickieg89
09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
well good luck to everyone else too here that posted.

I have a pse baby g force, it's older, i shoot left handed, and they are a pain to find used, so i took what i could find while i get started into this sport

Bryan Raffa
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
yep not long now!! one more stand to put up! I hunt with my own homemade bows and arrows nothing like a sineu backed osage bow...72 pounds at 28 inches.... to go right through a sholder bone! nothing like going out in the woods and choping a tree down and makeing a wepon to harvest animals. It's quite the feeling :naughty:

TravEX
09-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Raff, you sound like Ted Nugent! LOL J/K

I'm getting excited too, we planted our food plots this past weekend. I got my shoulder cannon (Model 70 300WSM) out 2 weeks ago and made sure it was still on. Lots of sign! Should be another good year!

Travis

Bryan Raffa
09-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Raff, you sound like Ted Nugent! LOL J/K

I'm getting excited too, we planted our food plots this past weekend. I got my shoulder cannon (Model 70 300WSM) out 2 weeks ago and made sure it was still on. Lots of sign! Should be another good year!

Travis

wack em and stack em !!!!!!!!!:naughty:

TravEX
09-18-2006, 10:38 PM
It's cooling off here now. Gonna get down to upper 40's tonight. That's kicking the fever into overdrive! I may have to take an early sample of the fall crop one of these cool mornings soon!!!

Bryan Raffa
09-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Getting closer!!! here's what i shoot primitive! I made these..arrows are ceder with 125g woodsman broadheads...
the first one is a western NY senaca bow that i copyed it shoots 55#
the second one is the one i hunt with, it shoots 72# at 28" and will go through 2 sheets of 5/8 plywood :naughty:
the last one is a hickory brush bow nice for rabbit's need to make a new string.
All sineu backed bow's (unbreakable) Yes there a little dusty from hangin on the wall :lol:
fell short on time to make a new doz arrow's so i just bought these...

knsmodels
09-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Very much looking forward to the up coming season....with two kids (5/7) I probably wont get out as much as I used to but I still cant wait.....I shoot a Browning Mirage (older one) with Aluminum arrows and 125gr. broad heads.....here is a pic of my best buck to date with a bow.......not the biggest in the woods but it sure was a thrill........good luck to all in the upcoming season

http://www.knsmodels.com/images/mybuck.jpg

Bryan Raffa
09-24-2006, 12:39 AM
NICE SPRED on that one!!!! good luck! just rember you cant get one if your not out there GUYS.....

mean350
09-24-2006, 12:47 AM
killem and grillem