PDA

View Full Version : this madness has got to stop!

Jim mac
09-14-2006, 11:36 PM
So I end up selling my 200s a few months ago. Never rode it just flipped it to make some spending money, I pick up a minibike basketcase, get ahold of a guy I know here thats got about 30 ATCs in all disrepair. plus some running ones. he gets me the parts to build the minibike, and while im over I get the three wheel bug again. So I end up buying a 125m with a 200s front end. trike runs great, looks funny with the big front end. well a guy answers my ad on chevelle parts, the parts he needs I cant sell to him because its not good enough to charge money for, so I just gave it to him, I talked trikes with him, he had a old 70 motor he gave me. and a week later shows up with a '80 atc70. of course I buy it and then a couple days later theres a 200x on craigslist for 250 bucks. I get it buy a seat, tires and everything it was missing. Rear shock, hub, rims. and brake resevior. Now Im up to three in about 5 weeks. Guy calls tonight with a 110 he thinks the magneto is bad, Im hoping spark plug, missing seat, new tires been sitting for years, cranks over, for 45 bucks! Im going to see if I can trade him a antique wood plane and a couple of bucks. Heck I even tried selling the three trikes I have, but got no calls, probably cause im asking too much, but figured I'd negotiate.
Sorry for the rant. I'll post pics of the 110 soon. Jim

SYKO
09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
:crazy: it happens, three months ago I had one machine now I have like seven, and more are comming:w00t:

ATC-Eric
09-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Im working hard myself. Im ready for more faster then the money roles in.

I went to quads for a bit, now I'm back for good.

84honda200s
09-15-2006, 03:32 AM
man if i had the cash i would be buying every atc in my area. but thats not going to happen so if i get another one cheap enough i will lol.

ATC-Eric
09-15-2006, 03:36 AM
man if i had the cash i would be buying every atc in my area. but thats not going to happen so if i get another one cheap enough i will lol.

Right there with you. soon as I have the money and space, my plans include picking up everyone I can get my hands on!

84honda200s
09-15-2006, 03:38 AM
i know a guy near me thats about to give up on his 200s i may be able to get it cheap. if so im on it like flys on crap. lol

Jim mac
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Well it followed me home today, I go and look at the thing first thing that strikes me is the forks are suspended, then I look at the motor and its pointing up! closer inspection the cylinder is cast 192cc so Im thinking 200s. it needs front brake cable,and levers. slide is stuck in the carb, it has compression. no spark yet but the wireing is kinda mickymouse I have a diagram so Im going to get it right. rear fender is cracked and the seat is missing. but for 45 bucks I didn't even haggle with the guy. Jim

russell56443
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah being on a limited income sure makes finding trike's in my price range hard!!!
I see so many on Craigslist and some here too but there usually more than I can come up with at that time and if I try to save some $$ the truck/car/house will mess up and take it!! :0(
Damn there just so addictive!!!!!!!

clutchcargo
09-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Thank God I'm not alone!! I have the sickness too. Every time I turn around, one of my friends is sending me a link for a Z50 or another trike or parts. I vowed to work on the house this year and not buy any toys. So far I've acquired 2 Tri-z's and a Z50 and was still lookin at a 200S. I have to force myself to look away. But it's so much fun and addicting at the same time.

YAMA-MAMA
09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
You guys are far from alone, I married an "addict" I wanted to have an stray animal rescue when we were settled at our duty station. We already have a trike rescue. Anything that looks like it was rode hard and needs a good home Louis seems to find. I have lost count of what all we have and Im still going to pick stuff up for him (indiana trip) You all could have worse addictions at least this is a healthy family addiction (yeah im just as bad) !

IrvSLedman
09-20-2006, 11:44 PM
hey man, its a great hobbie, i started 2 years ago and now i have 5..lol and plan on doubling it if possible.. now all i need is a tri-z 250r 250 br an sx 125m and mabe a tecate.. lmao and out here in Cleveland(college) im sure to see more than where im from so once i get steady income.. im sure ill still be broke. ahh well i love it.

Jim mac
09-24-2006, 01:11 PM
got the thing running! turns out the stator was bad, bought one from beatrice cycle for 17 bucks 6 bucks to replace the soldering iron I burnt up. and it lives! I got to looking at the 125m I have with the 200s front end on it. and thought since Im selling the 125 I may as well swap the front brakes cables and levers over the the 200, Now to fab a seat for the thing. The motor had a seperated intake, I just got some steel pipe and jb welded it together, I lose alot of port diameter but figure at least I can see if the trike runs, and if its worth buying another intake. Jim

mapyang
09-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi to all - well I started with a 1982 big red , then got a 1986 200x that I trade for golf clubs its a basket case but I got it running. Now I sold the big red and just bought a 1985 250sx, plus this week I bought another 1985 250sx thats in near mint shape with all org. paper work. So you can say I am addicted.:crazy:

Jim mac
09-26-2006, 01:58 AM
well the 125 went away on sunday. guy needed it more than a glock 17 with 2 mags, Then another guy called to see if I still had the 125m and when I told him I got rid of it, he kinda wanted the 200x, and asked if I had anything else. I told him of the 200s and I showed him what I did to the intake to get it running, I found another intake for 15 bucks if he wanted it, I gave him the guys number. well he bought the 200s for $275. and now Im down to just the 200X. Which is the trike I really wanted to begin with. the 70 went last weekend for $300.

longbedGTs
09-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Dont worry bro, we are our own support group.
1996 I got my first 3 wheeler, an 83 200s oil eater(was a Freebie!).
FFWD to late July, 06. I got my 2nd trike from evil bay. It turned out to be a huge mistake...now in a fellow board members yard. I redeemed myself by buying a near mint 83 Big Red at the end of last month. Beginning of this month, I got my 86 250sx and about a week later, got the 84 200m.
Im on the hunt for a 200x and 185 and 125m.
With people like us, these trikes have never had it so good! :TrikesOwn

Eric250R
09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
yep, right there with ya. I have a 85 350X, 85 250R, a really sweet 86 big red, and parts and pieces of a 86 250R, 86 tri-z 86 350x and 85 200X. And my wife just bought herself a new Rancher on monday....lol...I can hardly walk through my garage without kicking something.

Jim mac
10-01-2006, 06:44 PM
well the 200X went away last night. I originally asked 750 for it I knew I was asking a bit much for it. Guy offered 600 so I took it. So Im sitting there bored last night, and trying to decide what to do with this little windfall from selling 4trikes and a minibike. Im looking on craigslist and decide to run a wanted ad for a ATC. Guy calls me this afternoon with a 200X he says its ugly, and has a bad clutch. I ended up buying it for 200 bucks, spent about a hour cleaning the carb, change plug, and it runs! the thing needs plastic but the seat frame is there. I slimed the front tire. seems the clutch slips in 3rd and up. But for 200 bucks I now have a 200X again. Jim