PDA

View Full Version : hey tattoo guys need an opinion

xd 200x
09-18-2006, 12:21 PM
OK, you guys seem to have good info on crap like this so ill ask here.

a year ago had a old tat covered, ended up with a 9-10 inch tribal free hand on my upper arm. ok fast foward a year got it retouched.

ok, first problem, Im having it extended up around my shoulder to the base of my neck not to far so it can be covered by a collor shirt. He says wait 4 weeks and it should be good. Is this right?

2nd problem it's been a week and no scabs yet I never had one that didnt scab within a few days. Never had one re touched to this extent so Im unsure of wheter this is just the thing that they do because of scar tissue or what.

SYKO
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
sometimes they take awile to scab, my last one didnt scab for almost a week and them BAM scab city! I owuldnt be to woried just dont pic at it any, I have a whole sleeve and it was done at diffenrt times and each time they healed differntly

xd 200x
09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
sweet thanks for the help

Vealmonkey
09-19-2006, 01:31 AM
I've got a couple of tats and it always seemed to me the heavier the hand doing the tat, the more the scabbing at all. One guy I received a tat from, I hardly scabbed at all and the tat is the one I like the most.

maggiesboy
09-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I've always spent my days after taking very warm showers, seems to keep scabbing down to a minimum. That and tattoo lube :D Werkin fo me!

gravelord
09-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok i was learning to tattoo from a buddy who did them for a while, but mostly i am self taught from studying on the net, and trying it out on my self and other people (lots of skin sacrificed lol...) in short - to lay ink the RIGHT way, is to put it right before the last 2 layers. but, with coverups, sometimes it might have to go deeper to insure covering the old ink, well it doesnt have to but thats how some people cover. from what your saying, you didnt take care of the original tattoo correctly, tattoos are NOT supposed to scab AT ALL. when you get a tattoo, my suggestion, is to before you goto sleep wrap it in seran wrap to hold in moisture (sweat is ok), but make sure you put some ointment on before the plastic. dont worry about airing it out, if your wearing clothing over it, you should tape plastic seran wrap on it too, you dont HAVE TO, but it prevents irritation from cloths rubbing. if you do not keep it moist, it will scab. thats the scabbing that you encountered years ago. they do peel off black stuff, especially if black ink. but dont pick at it, you should just see alittle around it when you put ointment on. if tattoos are too deep, sometimes no matter how moist you keep it, it might still scab. i suspect 1. the first tattoo you didnt take care of properly, or 2. they dug too deep. tattoos SHOULD NOT cause scar tissue, unless not taken care of properly, or the person went too deep - unless they are cover-ups then they scar. oh, not to mention, not only will they scar if the tattoo is done too deep, but it also happens from going over the same place too many times with shadeing needles. that is most common for tribal or solid black tattoo scarring. honestly, final judgement on this - if it doesnt hurt after 2 weeks, and there was no scabbing... its done dealing, and the tattoo artist did a great job. i would worry if it DOES start scabbing. OH p.s. if you keep alot of ointment on, and you get a rash near your tattoo thats red, and it iches, dont worry, its just because of having too much moisture. its a annoyance, dont itch, but the tattoo has to stay moist and its for the best of it. ive seen that once in a while, and even once on my self. it sucked but went away when my tattoo was done healing and i stopped putting stuff on it. after 4 weeks there should be NO need to put any thing on, so stop before you get itchy red rashes.

gravelord
09-19-2006, 07:00 PM
im sorry i thought you said 4 weeks its been. i feel like a jerk off. still, just read what i wrote. but id never put stuff on it for more then 2 weeks, unless the tattoo is not healed because of how it was done. its a coverup, use my guidelines. they sometimes are alittle tougher on healing. dont let the bugger scab up!!!!!!1

atcmatt
09-20-2006, 06:56 AM
My tat never scabbed really. I just used heaps of bepanthen cream and had warm showers.

Matt