PDA

View Full Version : XM or Sirius?

Dave223
09-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Im doing lots of state to state driving and Im tired of searching for good rock stations in the middle of hicksville,USA. Anyone here have either one?(xm or sirius) Ive done the 3 day trials for each one and Neither has seemed to be better than the other. Im not into talk radio or sports, so that isnt a deciding factor. Both are priced the same I like the fact that I can go from car to car with it, and I can listen to it on my laptop while Im holed up in some hotel room. So guys, any drawbacks from either one? likes or dislikes? I cannot stand Howard Stern, so dont try to sell me on that point. I just want to be able to listen to good hard metal rock&roll! Help me here fellas, sell me on one of em!!!

Pete
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I have Sirius in my truck, and XM on my TV. For hard rock/metal, Sirius is much better. Tune into Sirius 20 Octane, 21 Alt Nation, and 27 Hard Attack, compared to XM's Squizz its no contest.

I do like XM's 'decades' channels a bit better, however.

I hate Stern, O&A, and all that talk radio garbage. Not for me.

both support online streaming, both are priced the same, and both have relatively the same hardware, with XM's maybe being a hair more advanced, but thats opinion I feel.

I mostly listen to Sirius, even at home, due to the better rock selection. I plug my laptop into my home stereo and stream Octane via the net :w00t:

Dave223
09-18-2006, 09:00 PM
thats what Im listening to right now, does sirius give the band name and song when its playing? My player on the net isnt showing it on Sirius, thats why I ask.

87250es
09-18-2006, 09:42 PM
we have a sirius on the porch and in my truck and the xm in the wifes car and in the house. i like the sirus better and she likes the xm so i quess it is just up to your taste, i only listen to country and she will only listen to rap-rock.

87250es
09-18-2006, 09:43 PM
dave,
yes both of them shoe the same information on the screen

deathman53
09-18-2006, 09:58 PM
I love sirius, I listen to 19, 20, 21, 23, and 27 mostly. When I am with my dad I put on the oldies stations. I am told that siruis is much better than xm, especailly in the heavy metal/rock station deptment. I hate stern also, he got so boring in the last few years.

Dave223
09-18-2006, 10:22 PM
man...you fellas aint helpin me much!!!:D between this board and another Im on, I STILL dont know who to go with....So far I have decided that sirius does seem to have more options when it comes to rock music....older 60s-70s...90s and todays "metal" . just listened to xm again an it seems to have more of the "grunt in the mic" type rock (what the heck is that anyhow). Something tells me to go with sirius, guess i will listen to it some more, then make a choice :D :D

Pete
09-18-2006, 10:30 PM
yea, its really a personal choice thing, either way it will be light years better than commercial filled FM

Dave223
09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
uggg commercials, where do i start on that rant....everyday it takes me 30 minutes to get home, in that 30 i bet 20 minutes are filled with commercials! Im not talking just one station, All of them! Whats the deal with all of the commercials coming on at 5:10 everyday anyways?

yeh its time for sat radio, the way i figure it 12.95 is cheaper than buying 1 cd of 2 good songs every month :D

wheelie king
09-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Sirius in the way to go. I have had both, even at the same time, and Sirius is better for music and sports, IMO.