PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Phoenix area?????

r00sty
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I will be flying into Phoenix around Jan. 17 and spending a week there. The wife has a convention to go to for the first 3 or 4 days at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, so I will be hanging alone during the first few days, would love to possibly meet up and do some riding if anyone is interested, and can find me a ride to rent or borrow. Never rode in the desert, or sand before...... let me know, much appreciated! :beer

I guess if there is no riding available, I'd like to meet some of you if your close enough,

Kasey if you read this where abouts are you in relation to where I'll be at in Phoenix??

azhondagrl, you also?

Dammit!
09-27-2006, 01:54 PM
What's the address to the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa?

AZ250R
09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
What's the address to the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa?
Looks to be north Snotsdale to me:
http://www.desertridgeresort.com/directions/directions.asp
http://www.desertridgeresort.com/images/location-map.jpg
Would be cool to meet up with any of the people from this board, I haven't met even the locals yet!?!?! :eek:

r00sty
09-28-2006, 05:51 AM
You are correct, that's the place, kind of looking forward to it, but would be looking more forward to it if I could find some riding. I have been trying to get a trip to AZ together for at least 10 years, then this pops up, so here I come, anything is better than a Jan. day in NY!!! :beer

4cylinders
09-28-2006, 01:05 PM
hey, why not make it a cruise?

Dammit!
09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm sure we can hook up some riding. Hopefully my Z will be done by then. I don't intend to desert ride that machine though (no skid plates + AZ rocks = bad things man. Bad things.) so it would have to be a dune trip if we use that one. I'm always up for a one day trip out to Gordons Well/Buttercup.

r00sty
09-28-2006, 01:40 PM
4cyc..... WTF are you talking about???

Dammit, I appreciate it, but I'm not sure if I could ride a fresh machine if it wasn't mine, ya know..... I don't know anything about the rocks in the desert, thought it was all sand, until I saw azhondagrl's video, still looks like some nice riding. We have the confirmation all set, fly in on the 16th, leave on the 21st, I'd drive and bring the new Tecate, but that's 4 days of vacation I'd loose..... :( Did you get a grabbar for your 350 yet?

KASEY
09-28-2006, 08:11 PM
looks like a sand trip might be in order,,, i have spare bikes,,, if dan couldn't kill it i am sure it will do fine for you,,,, does your wife ride? i am sure we will figure it out by january,, !!!
besides that $300 a night buys alot of food and drinks if we sleep in the dunes!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

r00sty
09-29-2006, 09:22 AM
This back and forth on 2 boards is giving me a run for my money, lmao.

Kasey I appreciate everything your willing to do for a fellow triker. The wifey rides a little, mostly her Polaris, nothing with a clutch on the bars though. Not sure if she'll even want to go, especially if we camp out, we'll see. I'm sure her and your Mrs. can go shopping with your girls or something, well that is if the girls don't want to go duning, lol.
Is the Dan you speak of, Dan Dale? I promise I won't hurt your trike, and If so, I'll make it right! Thanks again.