PDA

View Full Version : WOW Nice 350x with Maier and seat cover may not be broken in yet

Orangecnty250r
09-28-2006, 07:51 AM
OK this is a nice 350x but notice how the rear flap of the fender is strategically cut off in each pic.....it screams HELLO ebay suckers...BUY ME

He say it may not even be broken in yet...maybe the original fenders and seat cover were dry rotted. :welcome:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ATC-350X-HONDALINE-SHOWROOM-COND-MINT-ATC350X_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6724QQihZ001QQi temZ110038421714QQrdZ1

vintagemotorsports
09-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey Bill,
I was just going to post something on that bike too, that guy is a scammer for sure . He is trying to snag the untrained eye, I found a bunch of stuff on that bike , I would not be suprised if that bike was in a hundred pieces at one time , definitley not all original
Mike

Steiger
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
I just seen that on ebay also, it made me chuckle when I read the description after looking at the pictures. I guess I have quite a few atc's not yet broken in by them standards.:lol:

ATC-Eric
09-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Theres a lot of WD on that bike!

87250es
09-28-2006, 11:48 AM
and looks like there could be a lot of krylon also...

LonesomeTriZ
09-28-2006, 12:03 PM
That is right down the road from where my wife lives. If I was not up here, I could go check it out.

LonesomeTriZ
09-28-2006, 12:05 PM
I just sent him this question.

"Do you have the original plastic for this machine? I noticed the rear fender is after market."

Becuase I libe so close (according to my screen name) maybe I couls have some fun with him if he thinks I will come by and call him on his crap.

mohawk
09-28-2006, 12:08 PM
still one hell of a nice trike, no matter which way you look at it. would be great for parts muahahahaha !!

atctim
09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
non original things I see:
handle bars - cross bar pad
hand grips
twist throttle
rear grab bar (I think)
rear plastic
seat cover
decals
front fender

this was after looking at the pics for like 2 minutes. Yes - he talks a big talk for what the machine is, but you have to admit - it is damned nice!!!!! I'll bet he has a $3K plus reserve on it - not worth that much!

I think that to many people who have these machines (in this condition), but are maybe not as "trained" as some of the board members think they are sitting on a pile of gold. To have a $3K - $6K machine - it at least needs to have OEM plastic - and OEM everything for that matter. If it has add ons they better be Hondaline. Also - a high dollar machine should prolly not have boot mark on the sides of the engine such as this very machine. IMO - this is a nice clean $2500 machine. I predict it will get bids as high as that but not meet his reserve. I could be wrong, but I am trying my hand at being a psycic this week!:cool:

LonesomeTriZ
09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Here is the guys response to my question.

"NO SORRY. THEY GOT SCRATCHED UP BEING MOVED AROUND SO I BOUGHT NEW ONES. I REALLY LIKE MY TOYS SPOTLESS."

twgranger
09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
maybe he sold the oem fenders on ebay for 2 grand:naughty: It is one clean x!!!!!!!!!! Alot nicer than most of the POS's on ebay. :D

whyzee
09-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I sold that trike to that guy about 4 months ago!!! It has a new jersey certificate of origin. It is definitly missing the mud flap, at least when I sold it to him it was. He cleaned it up real nice. He paid $2200 with shipping for it.
Came out great. It was a strong runner. But definitly broken in.

Steiger
09-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I sold that trike to that guy about 4 months ago!!! It has a new jersey certificate of origin. It is definitly missing the mud flap, at least when I sold it to him it was. He cleaned it up real nice. He paid $2200 with shipping for it.
Came out great. It was a strong runner. But definitly broken in.

Are you trying to buy this thing back? That is you that bid on it right? I am puzzled by that, please enlighten me.

sandpuppi101
09-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree with what Mike said,the more I look he more I see wrong! The top of the tree,its polished- not Black!! I bet it was in pieces!!!It does look good though!!

twgranger
09-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Are you trying to buy this thing back? That is you that bid on it right? I am puzzled by that, please enlighten me.Was wondering the same thing.:wondering

whyzee
09-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Are you trying to buy this thing back? That is you that bid on it right? I am puzzled by that, please enlighten me.

If I could pick it up for 2k I sure would buy it back. that is my max bid however.

Steiger
09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
If I could pick it up for 2k I sure would buy it back. that is my max bid however.

Ok, that's cool, I bought back a 350x from a guy 4 days after I sold it to him. Just glad to see I am not the only one who would do that. Looks like it will take more than 2 grand though.

whyzee
09-29-2006, 06:07 AM
judging by what it needed when I sold it to him, a new tank, paint job on the motor and all the extra stuff he put on it. plus how nice it came out, he will want at least 4-6k. But thats me. and you guys know I dont sell my stuff cheap. and I do sell them.
What I don't understand is where the original seat went, it was perfect!
there rear fenders had some deep gouges in them from being flipped over so that is why they are not on there. I put a brand new grab bar on it. The original bars were perfect, I don't know where they went. It needed a new light bulb in the front.

The more I look at it maybe it is not the same machine:wondering :wondering
maybe he collects them like the rest of us and sells a really nice one once in a while to fund his hobby....

Either way, awesome 350X, one of the best ones I have seen, with a title to boot.
That should be worth $500 alone
I would not take less than $5000 for it !

Pete
09-29-2006, 08:54 AM
I would not take less than $5000 for it !

yikes.....

twgranger
09-29-2006, 04:55 PM
It's nice but i dont ever see it selling for $5000.

whyzee
09-29-2006, 06:30 PM
yikes.....

you know some people have more money than time. The house I am remodeling right now, The owners just spent $280,000 for shrubs , trees and plants, and this is only the guest house.
$5,000 is nothing for a beautiful ATC that you cannot buy anymore. I would like to see them sell for $10,000.

chris200x
09-29-2006, 06:37 PM
you know some people have more money than time. The house I am remodeling right now, The owners just spent $280,000 for shrubs , trees and plants, and this is only the guest house.
$5,000 is nothing for a beautiful ATC that you cannot buy anymore. I would like to see them sell for $10,000.

I need some of the stuff your smokin... :crazy:

Some of us ride these old 3 wheelers because we cannot afford newer quads... :TrikesOwn

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-29-2006, 11:00 PM
I need some of the stuff your smokin... :crazy:

Some of us ride these old 3 wheelers because we cannot afford newer quads... :TrikesOwn

Maybe you should try it....Sure would help with your negativity....:w00t:

whyzee
09-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Maybe you should try it....Sure would help with your negativity....:w00t:

Thanks 1DEAD.:beer

Steiger
09-30-2006, 07:08 AM

Current bid: US $2,025.00

High bidder: whyzee( 210)

:wondering :wondering :wondering Just admit it, you really want her back. Don't be emberassed by it, you are among friends here. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a thing for your ex-350x

:lol: :lol: Be cool I am just razzing you. I think its :cool:

chris200x
09-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Sorry, but I wasn't trying to be negative... I'm just curious as to why you would want to see trikes sell for 10 grand?!?! Please enlighten me... as I cannot understand the reasoning behind your thinking this?

Again, sorry for my negativity..

whyzee
09-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Current bid: US $2,025.00

High bidder: whyzee( 210)

:wondering :wondering :wondering Just admit it, you really want her back. Don't be emberassed by it, you are among friends here. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a thing for your ex-350x

:lol: :lol: Be cool I am just razzing you. I think its :cool:

Yea I want her back I must admit....$3000 is my max this time:crazy:

What is your take on that 200X racer I posted? I really like the sounds of it but it has some problems. I have never dealt with a highly modded 4 stroke before and am wondering if it is just going to be nothing but problems.
I will probably only ride it about an hour a week max :D

87250es
10-04-2006, 11:27 PM
lol went for more than i expected. it is a nice looking bike to have maier plastics