PDA

View Full Version : want this 200x need advice

whyzee
09-30-2006, 05:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-HONDA-ATC-200X-PRO-RACER-250R-350X-ATV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43981QQihZ005QQitem Z150039855806QQrdZ1

what is your take on this guys? Is it one headache after another with a motor with this kind of compression . Will it just keep blowing gaskets and/or the motor?

I know the seat has got to go.:lol:

Also what is up with the angle of the chain and driveline, do you guys see alot of problems there?:wondering

I actually like riding my 200x more than my 250R around my woods, and a little more go juice would be sweet.:w00t:

Thanks guys:beer , you are all a great help!:beer

thefox
09-30-2006, 12:17 PM
That thing has been listed so many times I don't think the seller will be making any money on it when it does sell! Of course most of the time it is ridiculously priced.

I like the looks of it too but as you said the rear end is sitting up very high. I wonder how much it compresses when someone sits on it? I do agree that that is a lot of chain slack.

If I bought it I would replace the piston with the 10.25:1 Wiesco. The 12:1 is just a headache and unless you are racing it then it is not worth the frustration in my option (remember you have to also run race gas in it).

whyzee
09-30-2006, 12:33 PM
That thing has been listed so many times I don't think the seller will be making any money on it when it does sell! Of course most of the time it is ridiculously priced.

I like the looks of it too but as you said the rear end is sitting up very high. I wonder how much it compresses when someone sits on it? I do agree that that is a lot of chain slack.

If I bought it I would replace the piston with the 10.25:1 Wiesco. The 12:1 is just a headache and unless you are racing it then it is not worth the frustration in my option (remember you have to also run race gas in it).

The thing really pisses me off is that the guy has not answered one of my emails WTF ????

Thanks for the input. I don't mind running race gas as all my motocross bike are set up for it.
How much of a big deal is it to change the head gasket and do you think it will just keep blowing? Again I have no expierence with 4 strokes just my pingers.:beer
How much louder are those pipes (DG etc ) than stock. I am thinking about getting one for my stock 200X but don't want to piss my neighbors off anymore .

Dammit!
09-30-2006, 03:30 PM
A supertrapp with no end cap is going to be very loud. You can get the end cap and run about 6 disks on it and it will be reasonable. The swinger/chain thing looks suspicious to me though. Seems like that will end up being a problem but who knows.

Eric250R
09-30-2006, 05:33 PM
another problem you may run into is the stock rod. 200Xs didn't have the strongest factory rods. I've seen more than one break with alot of compression. Just something to think about.

TexFest
09-30-2006, 05:47 PM
I had a 12:1 piston in my old 200x and added octane booster to it, never had any gasket problems or any other kind of problem with the motor.

cragster
09-30-2006, 10:02 PM
another problem might be the kickstarter slipping. They tend to slip and with more compression they might slip more

deathman53
09-30-2006, 10:28 PM
that thing has been on 4 or 5 times, I have to begin to wonder why it didn't sell. I emailed him twice about how he put a 85 250r front end on it(mainly what steering stem bearings/ ball races he used), he has yet to resoond to me. I would be very leary, 11/36 seams geared really low, I'm betting with the 18" tires it has a top speed of 50mph TOPS. I know my 86 200x can pull 14/36 w/ 18" tires in 3rd gear start, I really have to wonnder about that bike and as others mentioned high compression lends itself to kicker gear and rod failure. There is a reason why it didn't sell, maybe there is something else wrong with it that he is not telling you about, maybe too much money, I personally thing a combination of both. As I mentioned before it seams to sit real high in the back.

whyzee
09-30-2006, 10:41 PM
I have emailed him 5 times already and he has yet to respond...... hmmm, wonder why he can't sell the thing.

I am going to pass on this one. it looks like it will be one thing after another breaking, failing etc.

Thanks guys for your input.:w00t:

KASEY
09-30-2006, 10:53 PM
ok,,, i like it.. i like the way it sets up .. it will compress with a rider on ot too,,,, as far as compression,,,, i ran 13.5 in a 85 200x back in the day,,, with no problems motor related,,,,of course racing you take better care of your motor too, i just couldn't keep a transmission together,,,, broke several 3rd gears ,,, even a set of sparks gears,,,, when there was only a 200x to race in the 200 class there were some very fast ones around,,, till the cheaters got involved,,, then i saw several 250 plus cc 200x motors,,,, they lived real well on the flat tracks,,, but when you started racing other types like moto-x well that usually led to trans failure,,,, i see there is no reserve so bid away,,, i think it would be great woods toy,,,,,

firefirefire90
09-30-2006, 11:07 PM
That guy is on the boards no? That seems like the only way he has those 3wheeling magazine stickers. Unless he has had them since way back. I would buy it if it was closer. That machine looks sick!.

vartiak15
10-01-2006, 09:55 PM
that thing is sweet im saving up money for another bike i would buy this one if i had the money. as far as the gasket i had the same problem with mine. maybe it was b.c i didnt run the real high octane gas? im not sure but if you were to get a copper gasket made up you should have no problems at all with it. i like the was it sits and the seat is sweet.