PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Talladega!

TravEX
10-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Going to my first Cup race this Sunday. If you've been to Talladega, let me know some do's and don'ts. How long will it take to get from Birmingham to the Speedway on Race morning? Are there vendors outside and some things to do before the race starts? How much is parking? Can you carry small coolers and stuff in?

I'm not doing the pitpass this time, cause it's $145 each. We're sitting and the entrance of pitroad. I'm getting stoked! My wife is doing this for my 30th birthday, this will be her first race too!

Thanks,

Travis

corndawg
10-01-2006, 11:18 PM
if its anything like the brickyard, you wont have to worry about finding things to do..the past 3 years ive been going to the brickyard and the indy 500. nascar has so much fan fair its unreal, you wont regret not getting the pit pass either, you have access to soo much more than what you would think. the difference between nascar and the IRL is night and day....not even 1/10 of the stuff to do for the IRL races...youll love it man

TravEX
10-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks. I'm getting excited. I gotta get a new Jr wardrobe, hehe, most of my #8 stuff is worn out. The wife's driver is Kasey Kayne, so I gotta get her some #9 stuff. She can root for anyone, but #24 and #48 for all I care! LOL

mean350
10-02-2006, 12:11 AM
you better take some pics when jr wins that race. i was there whem he won the daytona 500. its awesome. iv also beeen to richmond about 4 times. but theres nothing like the 500. been ther about 3 times. youll love it!!!

TravEX
10-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Can you take camcorders in?