PDA

View Full Version : spamming laws

xljimmy
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Isn't there suppose to be a link to unsubscribe to spam? I dont know if it is or not but some Pharmacy keeps spamming me and it is abunch of crap. To contact them you have one of those security code things to type in. Also there is a spot to contact them to report them spaming you because there are against it. Ya right. tried that and keep getting them. Is there some place to report this or is this legal? I got all other spammers to stop by unsubscribing and this one is making me made. I tried contacting them like i was interested in something but listed all my atcs for sale to them at a high price of coarse. The must not be interested. lol

If anybody know how to stop them let me know.

Thanks

Billy Golightly
10-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the world of internet communication via email. Spam is a problem that is nearly impossible to eliminate. As much as I have my email address plastered over I get tons and tons of it, around 200-250 a day. Don't bother trying to unsubscribe, most of the time they just use that as a confirmation to know your address works. The best thing to do is get some kind of an email filter like SpamBayes.

xljimmy
10-03-2006, 09:38 PM
I have heard the unsubscribe thing works as a confirmation to know your address works but tried it anyways and it seem to work on everthing but this one that dont have the link. It is alway a little measage with letters in between all the drug names so computers can reconize the word I guess. It is always from a fake email address thats sounds legit as a individual and cant reply to cuz it dont exist. Then at the bottom of message is a copy and past out of the bible or something. Just makes me made I can get that one. It does always go to my bulk folder though.

ATC-Eric
10-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Who is your email provider? I know that through Yahoo, if you report something as spam instead of deleting, in the future emails from that sender go straight to your spam file.

Then you dont have to pick through as much spam to get your email.

Eric

Howdy
10-04-2006, 07:45 AM
I use mailwasher and bounce all the unwanted emails I get ( I used to get around the same amount as Billy ). Since I started bouncing emails my spam amount has been cut by over 50%.
By bouncing emails back to the sender it tells them my email address isn't good. Over time they remove the Bad email addresses from their data base, once removed they don't send any more emails until the email gets added again. ;)
Howdy

burnoutboy
10-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I use mailwasher and bounce all the unwanted emails I get ( I used to get around the same amount as Billy ). Since I started bouncing emails my spam amount has been cut by over 50%.
By bouncing emails back to the sender it tells them my email address isn't good. Over time they remove the Bad email addresses from their data base, once removed they don't send any more emails until the email gets added again. ;)
Howdy

Hey Howdy,

Where would I get this "mailwasher" programme? Also, how do you go about "bouncing" emails. I am getting lots of this stuff and would like to get rid of it or at least cut it down some..

Cheers.

Dammit!
10-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Switch to gmail. Their spam filter rules. I might get one that slips by it every two months tops. Easy to report when one does slip through and easy to re-label something that gets accidentally labeled as spam.

burnoutboy
10-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks for that, I switched to gmail. Looks good.

Solid Snake
10-04-2006, 06:37 PM
I use gmail, it's great. Minimal spam and it almost always filters it into the spam folder automatically. Plus you can report emails that make it into your inbox as spam and from then on they get blocked or placed in the spam folder.

Howdy
10-04-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.mailwasher.net/
Howdy