PDA

View Full Version : Might be in my first ATV RACE!

ATC crazy
10-04-2006, 10:23 PM
I still havent made up my mind yet. A friend of mine called me and said another friend dropped out of the ATV race comming up in November 2 & 3, and wondered if I wanted to fill in for him.

The actual show is either a mudbog, or a tough-truck competition (I cant remember which), and the ATV races are just another bonous. It's just a bunch of local guys...no one that travels a "circuit."

As of now, I have less than two weeks of riding time on my Raptor. I dont know which class I will be in, and I need to find out if this race will void my warranty too.

The track? Well...for one, the civic center is small (hockey ring size), and the track will be in an oval shape.

I need to make up my mind before this Saturday. I have never raced before, and never even jumped over 5' before I got my Raptor. Hell...Im nervous just thinking about it, and trying to decide whether to do it or not.

This is the usual set-up of the track:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/ATC-Crazy/TRACK.jpg

smokinwrench
10-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Just RACE!!!!

Once you decide to race no matter what and actually race you'll be addicted. After the race, well 2 days after when you can walk properly again :rolleyes: you'll want to race all the time. Go out there and have fun. I'm sure none of your boddies are gonna fly off them big jumps and turn them into doubles, 99% of the riders will roll over them, I'm sure a couple local mx racers will show up and double them.

If the dealer wants to be a jerk, the drag racing you done last weekend could void your warranty. Read the fine print.

ATC crazy
10-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Just RACE!!!!

Once you decide to race no matter what and actually race you'll be addicted. After the race, well 2 days after when you can walk properly again :rolleyes: you'll want to race all the time. Go out there and have fun. I'm sure none of your boddies are gonna fly off them big jumps and turn them into doubles, 99% of the riders will roll over them, I'm sure a couple local mx racers will show up and double them.

If the dealer wants to be a jerk, the drag racing you done last weekend could void your warranty. Read the fine print.

Yeah...I just read through the agreement, and it does void the warranty. Oh well...they wont find out :naughty:

youngbansheeman
10-05-2006, 12:28 AM
I think you should race!Just have some fun...:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

84honda200s
10-05-2006, 06:33 AM
yea man race and have fun. just dont break you quad while having fun.

Eric250R
10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I say go for it, just because you're in the race doesn't mean you have to run with everyone. Ride your own pace until you're comfortable then try it a little faster each lap. Once you do it, you're going to want to do it ALL the time.....lol.... good luck.

ATC crazy
10-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Well...Im not going to be in the race this year. I found out that you have to have a full jersey, chest protector, MX boots, nerf bars, and number plates...none of which I have. So Im not going to spend $300+ just to race (ever seen size 16 MX boots?)