PDA

View Full Version : Well I am done riding for a long while

ScottZJ
10-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah you heard me right. My life is over for atleast 2-3 months. :( For those that didnt know, I dislocated my shoulder for the 4th time ( moving the atc 110 rear end into the storeage trailer by jerking on the rear rack....anyone want a 110 cheap ROFL) and its time to get that fixed. I guess I was starting to think I am Mel Gibson, in just putting my shoulder back in place. LOL
Well I go to surgery on 16th Oct 2006, that morning. I will be unable to move my arm/shoulder for 4 weeks. Then I have to deal with 2-3 months of rehabilitation. Looks like the next time I can really ride is spring time. I guess I will have plenty of time building up and getting the bikes and trikes ready to ride. Say a pray for me on the surgery.............peace

Oh maybe I can get some pics of the surgery to post hahaha.

chris200x
10-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh maybe I can get some pics of the surgery to post hahaha.

Yes! :pics: We just love that sort of thing... i still giggle over that 3 finger world thread.. :lol:

Anyways scott, I hope everything works out for you and you heel up quickly. You'll be back on three wheels before ya know it... :w00t:

Dammit!
10-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Just follow the docs instructions and do the rehab. You'll be better than ever and the 110 will be no match for you. :lol:

You should get your shirts today or tomorrow by the way. Already have one confirmed delivery that was sent on the same day.

Kintore
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Damn, that sucks Scott, hope your arm works just as good. My buddies dad is going in for a new shoulder (3rd time!). Good luck and make sure to come here for the trike fix, it aint the same but its as close as your going to get. Ill post pics :)

azhondagrl
10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
man Scott i'm sorry to hear that. Like Dammit said, doc knows best and follow his rehab guidlines to a T. You'll be better in no time.

Here's to a safe surgery and speedy recovery!
http://i12.tinypic.com/2qbu1dc.gif

84honda200s
10-05-2006, 03:52 PM
good luck man i wish you luck

ATC-Eric
10-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Good luck man!

TravEX
10-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Man, good luck! Which shoulder is it? If you lived closer, I would do your rehab for ya off the book.

Complete rotator cuff tear?

The 2-4 weeks it's immobilized are VERY important! Follow the MD and PT's orders and have this be the last shoulder trouble you have.

I've got Huevos 1-6 on VHS if you want me to mail it to ya to pass the time post-op.

Travis

TravEX
10-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I just read the other thread about this.

Are they doing a rotator cuff repair? or a Mumford procedure to stabilize the shoulder?

ScottZJ
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey thanks guys for the thoughts. I am going to try to ride this weekend for the last time (with this shoulder brace I bought).

Dammit, I got the shirts in and they are awesome! I might have to get some more from you.

Travis, I believe I have one of the major tendon is torn badly. He also said in the "cup" area, I have way too much movement and it is easily popped out of place. So they have to tighten up that area first to keep the arm in the rotator cuff and then they will screw/stich the torn tendon and/or legiments. He isnt giving me 100% on what they will do cuz the MRI and arthogram were not super clear. Its basicly a small incision in the back part of the shoulder to place the camera in and then they can get a better feel of things. Hey I might see about hiring you and pay you to come see me! HAHA Heck if I have to pay someone, might as well take care of a fellow triker.;)

TravEX
10-05-2006, 07:30 PM
LOL

Again, good luck. If I can do anything, holler.

Travis

Dirtcrasher
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Scott, best of luck to ya. Maybe they can install a grease fitting in there and put and end to your worn out upper ball joint :D

Howdy
10-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Scott, Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I know the "Not riding" thing all to well. Thanks to my knee I haven't rode ATV's since the begining of May. Complications I am having will most likely stop me from riding for 2-3 more months. Then I will probably have to ride with a brace. I may even need surgery again. Current thoughts are to sell everything and forget about it. But that is another topic for a different thread.

Howdy

longbedGTs
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I hope everything goes well for ya! Glad to hear youve got an estimated time of recovery... :cool:

jason 32
10-07-2006, 12:40 AM
well atleast youll be healing through the crappy winter months and not summer

blue27
10-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Good Luck and listen to the Docs, lets get it fixed the first time.

ATCGENIUS
10-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Scott, our prayers are with you my friend. I wish you a full recovery and we will have to get us a ride planned for the spring. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing and I wish you well.

ScottZJ
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks all for the good thoughts. Less than a week to go and its under the knife. But on a good note I went and rode the bike for one last ride no matter how bad the shoulder hurt.

Couple pics
http://www.fototime.com/{06D2D4FE-6EC8-44F2-8D0D-A2E6197E34D5}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{A73ECBC2-CF93-4706-A7A0-4250BEE92323}/picture.JPG