PDA

View Full Version : New guy - howdy all

ccdhowell
10-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and I don't like to lurk repeatedly without saying hi.

I jumped back in the trike world three weeks ago when I bought an '85 Tecate. All the pieces are there and the trike seems sound. I found you guys looking for a carb holder for the engine. Kawasaki doesn't make them anymore and this ones about dry rotted through.

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading here so I think I'll stay awhile.

Keep up the good work and I'll post pics when I get batteries for my camera.

Chris

jleggz
10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
welcome from the UK

edog
10-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATC-Eric
10-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Russell 350X
10-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Welcome dude, you'll love the site. You can find alot of parts on here too if you need em, get us those pics!

BigGreenMachine
10-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Have any pics of your Tecate? Welcome aboard!!

longbedGTs
10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
:welcome: :welcome:

SYKO
10-06-2006, 08:37 PM
:welcome: welcome to the end of your life:TrikesOwn

Banage
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
welcome home

ccdhowell
10-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Guys, nice to be here. I really am impressed with the trikes I've seen on these pages. I took mine out for a shakedown ride last Saturday, about 4 hours; the verdict, I can work with it. I dropped more gas out of the bottom of the carb than I burned(4 gallons in 4 hours!). I am a big guy, 275 lbs, and the Works shock I found on the rearend is apperently valves for a lightweight, I kept bottoming hard in the rear. I put 10psi in the forks and they seems to work pretty well.

Anyway, I did a little disassembly last Sunday: carb, pipes, fenders, air box, shock, rear master cylinder. I took the carb to a buddy for a clean and rebuild, sent the shock to Works for a rebuild and retune to my weight, painted the exhaust pipe and repacked the silencer. It has a DG Type II silencer and boy was it loud. I packed it with a Moose Racing repack kit, hope it quiets a little. I ordered a spark arrestor to put on it just to be safe. The carb holder has several tears in it, but none all the way through. I thought I'd patch it up with some rubber epoxy I got at Home Depot. Anybody know of a place to get a new one of those?

Also, this trike has no chain guard, anybody make a skid plate for the swingarm? I've looked the web over and can't find one.

Thanks guys, I'll post picks tomorrow, Chris

Banage
10-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Got to the classafied, and pose WTB: (wanted to buy) and your trike. Then in the thread, post what your looking for. you will find it by days end