PDA

View Full Version : i need nitrous

Honda350x
10-16-2002, 11:03 PM
the 350 isnt doing the job anymore :D
i need n.o.s does anyone make n.o.s for atvs? im serious too.... :Beerchug

Mobular
10-16-2002, 11:14 PM
I remember seeing a Marvin Miller system on a Banshee quite a while ago, but I'm sure you could pick up a system for a Harley, provided the plate is the right size, and make it work. Other than that, contact any of the nitrous manufacturers and they could point you in the right direction. Just remember to always go small on the nitrous pills, and it all should go well.

Honda350x
10-16-2002, 11:18 PM
small...haha you dont know me :D :D :D

OldSchoolin86
10-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Dam, I would have said thanks. ;) How much are you wanting to spray?

Honda350x
10-16-2002, 11:36 PM
THANKS....as much as that beast can handle

NOS_350X
10-17-2002, 12:06 AM
DONT PUT N.O.S. on it i did and i had my engin all come appart its too much to put your engin through

Honda350x
10-17-2002, 12:14 AM
really? even a little shot?

i want something people dont got around here...and i want more power, ALOT more power. i cant get enough of it

Honda350x
10-17-2002, 12:19 AM
i need something creative. (ok dont laugh at this either) me and my brother were going to try to rig a turbo on our 200x because it just sits in the garage and we never ride it. we had everything figured out but then someone mentioned oil lines to the turbo and that pretty much just bursted the bubble. If the 200 had a oil cooler maybe something could have been rigged up but o well.

sandtowd
10-17-2002, 12:59 AM
for oil out of a 200x. you tap the clutch cover. i,ve hever done. these been threads on it for hooking in a cooler, be that same deal then a return line. where you going to get the little bitting turbo. for NOS go to PLANETSAND and ask those guys. it,s a quad site. nos is pretty common on banshee,s. maybe even DESRETUNION. the click on the 250r link. i,am sureyou,ll get it to work on a 350x, but not with me on it. i,am scard already

sandtowd
10-17-2002, 01:02 AM
you want cheap go fast? shoot propane

Mobular
10-17-2002, 01:17 AM
Nitrous is safe to use as long as it's not lean. Always use an appropriate amount of secondaryfuel with the nitrous spray, and all will be good. The guys that have scattered their engines on nitrous were either running it too lean, or were using it on a loose engine...

3WheelHouston
10-17-2002, 02:15 AM
Heh, well I did an electric forced induction system on my 225DX that worked well, but I'm the only one that's ever done it, as far as I know
it'll cost you about 10 bucks if ya can find a blowdryer and a battery at a resale shop. But you can only use it at high revs (or I could) Mine worked great, email me if you wanna know more. k2sk8r2k@aol.com

86ATC200x
10-19-2002, 12:35 PM
I have a super charger set up for any 3 wheeler. its creative and it works. some one gave this to me. To read and i think itl work.

When I first installed my experimental blower on my 1984 Yamaha YTM-225DX Tri-Moto, many of the members of 3WW were asking how I did it, how it worked, and other such questions so I thought I’d show you. It is experimental so I will not assume responsibility for any adverse effect it may or may not have on your engine, but it worked quite well on mine. I went to a local resale shop and found a small wall mounted blow dryer and a 12V rechargeable battery pack, probably from a remote control car. I took the blow dryer apart, and took out the complete fan/motor assembly. After removing my filter and the screen that it fits over, the fan assembly fit perfectly inside the mouth of the filter as shown below:

Before securing it, it was necessary to cut a small hole in the screen, just big enough to fit the power supply wire through. I found it useful to put small connectors on only a short piece of wire, that way I could pull the whole assembly out when necessary without re-running the wire. At this point, the fan is secured to the filter assembly. There was just enough room to fit a small screw below the fan blades (motor facing down) and through the plastic neck of the filter screen to secure the fan in place. From there, the now joined filter/blower assembly fit right back into place as normal. In order not to damage the airbox and waterproofing, I ran the wires up through the snorkel under the gas tank, then back to the batteries. I used a two way toggle switch mounted near the neutral light and the choke on the “dash” to switch it on and between settings. I wired it so that on one setting it received power from only the main battery that was already there, and on the second setting received power from both the main battery and the battery pack, to increase the airflow. The battery pack was located under the rear plastic on top of the air box with connectors exposed under the fender as it would need to be charged from time to time. The ideal setup would be to find way to vary the fan rpm with some kind of a tachometer, but I found no way to do that and as such used this setup like NOS when I had my trike all the way open in fifth gear to add to the top end. This is when it was most effective. It was necessary to switch off at lower RPM’s because it leaned out the mixture when the throttle was not all the way open. It worked quite well in this setup and noticeable increased my top end speed. And I paid all of about $10 for the necessary materials, the most expensive being the wire and connectors. It’s a good, cheap way to increase top end power, as far as I’m concerned, and it had no adverse effects on my trike. If anyone else tries this I’d like to know if you have similar results and any other opinions you may have. Someone else suggested that I find a way to fit the fan between the carburetor and engine so that it would not affect the mixture, which I thought was a good idea, but I did not want to fool with the necessary fabrication as the fan was wider than the boot. Also, if anyone has an idea how to vary the fan speed with rpm I would also like to know. -Aaron

86ATC200x
10-19-2002, 12:36 PM
hey wait it was the guy right above me post. Good idea bro. I wanna do it someday.

icp4life162005
04-17-2007, 02:41 AM
I really don't believe this would work. Sorry to dig up such an old post but i truely doubt it would.