PDA

View Full Version : Western Union money order online?

traxxasx
10-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Ok well i am selling my razr and i have a buyer, well she set up something with a western money order thing online, and she doesent explain much to me. I really dont think this is a legit process. They send me a confirmation email, i reply with a tracking number, and then they check it if item is sent then the money order is sent to me? HAs anybody used this before? Im really skiptic about it, but its a reall good deal that i dont want to loose, but i dont want to be scammed either. Some one that has used it *Edited**Edited* i will get a pic of the EMAILS sent to me by *Western Union Money order* Thing and i would like you to tell me if its liget or if you had the same email. Thanks Hurry.

SYKO
10-11-2006, 08:26 AM
never heard of it homie, Im not down with that..

Mrs.Mosh
10-11-2006, 08:58 AM
that sounds kinda funky to me. If I were you, I would call Western Union and talk to someone. Maybe you can forward the emails and find out if it is legit. I wouldn't ship anything before it was paid for.

Billy Golightly
10-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm 99% sure its a scam. Don't get greedy because "its a good deal for you". Might end up without a phone or any money at all!

darrel632
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
I use Western Union all the time, basically what she told you is ok, you need confirmation so a number is supplied you need to know what kind of hold is on the cash ( and Western Union will confirm the cash is in the "account" under your name); and if you do the deal you need to use DHL or some one whom you can reverse the package if the deal falls through during shipment.

WU is great for friends and family, people you trust, you gotta be careful with strangers though

ATC-Eric
10-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I wouldnt ship anything without cash in my hands.......my .02

clutchcargo
10-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I'd call Western Union and find out what it's all about.

traxxasx
10-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks alot guys, i tried to call but it was no use. I dont know it just seems all fake photoshopped to me. Heres a pic of it.

Does it look like yours darrel, it has another part at the bottom says suported by the fbi.gov

ATC-Eric
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I say when you physically have cash in your hands, send it.

You know, you could probably go to a western union location and recieve the money, they could also shed some light on the situation.