PDA

View Full Version : ATC winter sales forecast?

longbedGTs
10-15-2006, 04:51 AM
How does winter usually affect prices? Do they tend to go for less since they cant be used until warmer weather?

ATCwithdrawals
10-15-2006, 07:12 AM
well, I know up in my neck of the woods last year, there was hardly any snow all year long(glad I didn't purchase a new sled last year) not really anough to even ride your sled in the fields but anyways this helped out the people who had 3 0r 4 wheelers for ice fishing and atleast some winter riding. My local dealer told me that his sled sales were down almost 40% but his wheelers had actually picked up on sales through the winter months> so it all depends on what you have for a winter season I guess.

sandpuppi101
10-15-2006, 08:58 AM
I put a reply on a thread recently about the prices,last year the prices went way up during the cold months and so did the year before that! I personally have no problem this time of year selling Big Reds and ATC's with racks and such ,up here in Mi. The hunters and ice fishermen love those type of units!!I think what happens around these part's anyways,people are pulling there X's and R's into there heated garages and ripping them down ,and doing there mod's and getting them ready for next year!!So I actually do see an increase in my parts going out the door,as far as prices they climb,but then again we are talking about supply and demand,and that will be the bottomline!!

firehart
10-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I ride my 200x almost as much in the winter as I do in the summer. This will be my first winter with the Rancher so we'll see how it goes. The last few years we have had very little snow.

85 200x
06 Rancher

Billy Golightly
10-15-2006, 09:28 AM
In my experience watching how things go over the years here on the forum, stuff (whole machines, and parts too) go for more in the winter months while everyone is couped up in their garages working on them instead of riding. Theres also a ton more people on the computer, and more people here on the site and ebay in effect. Just watch, I bet come around January or so the amount of users online at one time during the evenings here will be around 150 or better.

dreadhed
10-15-2006, 09:59 PM
It usually seams that prices go up in winter. I have a hole stash of parts I am waiting for winter to put them up on ebay. I still list stuff during the rest of the year but with some parts I figured I would wait till I could get the most for them. There are more people doing repairs in the winter from riding the rest of the year.