PDA

View Full Version : Any gamers on board?

SPD FRK
10-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Do any of you play anything online? I'm into the First Person Shooters mostly now. I love racing online though. Thus the SPD FRK moniker. I'm not all that competitive but its all for fun. I would like to extend an open invitation to all friendly gamers to join in. www.nfbsclan.com. Find the "community forum" link on the left and say hello. Everyone with a good attitude is welcome to join us. We dont play for points so dont worry if you can't keep up. Its all about the laughs. You will find that strangers are willing to give you tips and advice if you want them. We have a public teamspeak server which is a hell of alot of fun. We race or shoot and have a few beers and insult each other and LAUGH OUR ASSES OFF!
Please consider joining us for a few laughs. You wont regret it in the least.

SYKO
10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
i'm a big time gamer, but I dotn do it online, I have about 1000+ games for differnt systems, famicom, 8 bit nintendo, master system, genesis, turbografx 16, 3do, ps2, havnt got into the online stuff though, Im into rpgs and racing.

CorbinKale
10-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah. I am currently a World of Warcraft junkie, but I have been a gamer since Zork was released. Yes, I really am that old. :lol:

Billy Golightly
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
I use to back in the old days of Quake 3, Return to Caslte wolfenstein and similar games that could be played on dialup but nothing recent cause of my connection :(

SPD FRK
10-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I have alot of emulators. Dont play them much though. Just have them for the sake of history. I have all the nintendo and super 'tendo games. Yes ALL of them.
And, umm, I'm that old to. It was a week ago I restarted the zork series on C64 emu. There are walk throughs online now! I may actually finish it this time.
"You would need a machete to go any further"
"Use sword as machete"
"I dont understand the word machete"
Ah memories.
Let me know if you guys want play something online. That would be cool to say the least. No need for a commitment at all. Can easily be a one time "trying it out" kind of thing. No obligations guys.

Dammit!
10-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I was a Quake 3 OSP w/Promode and/or CPMA mod fanatic. I think it ruined me for all other games though. It was so fast paced that everything else seems like walking in 2 feet of mud to me now. Haven't gotten into any other games since.

gravelord
10-15-2006, 10:34 PM
i havent REALLY been into games since "subspace" online or "quake 3 arena" on dreamcast. yes, zork... i remember the first one that had "real video action" or whatever, it required a 386 with a 4x cd-rom and 4 megs of ram i think hahaha... man that was the days. i remember "who shot johny rock" for dos, i was shocked. couldnt believe a 386 computer could produce full screen feilds of pixles, err... full screen video i mean. - yeah but hell, ill try a online game with you guys. im on 56k though and i dont have much of a option of switching over for now. so if i can play on the 56k, ill try it out with you guys. let me know whats up.

chris200x
10-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah. I am currently a World of Warcraft junkie, but I have been a gamer since Zork was released. Yes, I really am that old. :lol:

Dear god man... I thought I was the only one that played that game. :w00t: . I used to sit in front of my commadore 64 computer for hours on end playin that game.

Since you mentioned that I had to google it to see if I could find it again. whatta know.. :Bounce

http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next couple weeks! :drool:

3 weelin geezer
10-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I like the jedi game where I get beat every time by some guy that misses me using the strong stance and comes down on me just that I am not where he comes down on but I still die. I just wish I could find that cd. I also used to play US Army. How come I can never be the towlies? Whichever side I picked it was always us forces. I wanted to have that ak with the drum. :) Got any Zork screenshots? I still have my commodore 64 with ghostbusters.

firefirefire90
10-15-2006, 11:25 PM
www.flyaceshigh.com OMG. It is the sweetest game ever. It takes a while to get it figured out but hell, its FUN. I love that game. I only play it like three times ever two weeks, but when I do; I have soo much fun.

SPD FRK
10-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Allright. Lets have some fun. Name a game from C64 or atari and I'll post a screen shot of it. Or a link to a pic at least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/SPD_FRK/th_C64.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/SPD_FRK/C64.jpg)

burnoutboy
10-16-2006, 01:17 AM
That zork game looks fun, but I do not know how to play it.:wondering Is there a write up on how to play it somwhere, or do you get better over time.

El'Capitan
10-16-2006, 01:28 AM
hxc gamer...just built myself a new system. 4600+ 2 gig corsair dual 36gb raptors, and a single 7950Gt 512mb. I mainly play CS:S at the moment (pub king, looking for a new scrim team). yeah, rtscaptain is my xfire, hit me up some time ;)

El'Capitan
10-16-2006, 01:30 AM
oh, and team speak is for noobs. VENTRILO FTW!!!!

chris200x
10-16-2006, 01:30 AM
That zork game looks fun, but I do not know how to play it.:wondering Is there a write up on how to play it somwhere, or do you get better over time.

But,

It's a blast to play. Basically what it is is a reading game. You type in commands (by telling your character what to do) here's a site that explains it pretty well.

http://forbin.qc.edu/mediastudies/mediasite/newtech/play.htm

Now if only I could get it to run on my computer. :wondering It keeps telling me that something doesn't reconize where the program came from??? Help!!!

burnoutboy
10-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Hey mate, yeah I get all of the commands e.t.c. It is just the part where the guy hears churping birds in the forest that gets me. It is a really good game.

Maybe you could try download from somewhere else?

Fox250R
10-16-2006, 03:12 AM
I currently play americas army ops, Bf 1942 desert combat, airattack ww2 a2a combat..AMD 3900 64, Ati 1900 xtx 512, 1gig 3200 DDR.

chris200x
10-16-2006, 03:15 AM
Hey mate, yeah I get all of the commands e.t.c. It is just the part where the guy hears churping birds in the forest that gets me. It is a really good game.

Maybe you could try download from somewhere else?

w00t! you gotta find your way into the house through an open window. dont forget to pick up some supplies along the way (in the kitchen and living room... also in the attic) there's a trap door under the rug in the living room that leads underground!
Oh hey btw... Thanks for that link you sent me... :beer If you ever find part 2 or 3 please send it my way. :)

Solid Snake
10-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Waiting for BF2142, looks pretty sick. Also play CS Source and 1.6. Used to play alot of Socom 2 on PS2 but I didn't like the 3rd one, only other PS2 games worth playing lately were God of War and RE4. Currently playing Prey and SC Chaos Theory on the trusty PC- AMD 64 3000, ATI 9700 pro, 512mb DDR, 120gb hd.

wolfspider
10-16-2006, 01:32 PM
hi yeah i`m a gamer, currently playing `call of duty 2 ` on line wolfspider is also my name on there.
also playing halflife 2 single player, as i just got it. !! its been out for ages but just bought it and i`m loving it.
my first computer was a zx spectrum, then moved onto a c64.
i later had a sega saturn which i lost many an hour playing sega rally with my brother in law, i loved that game.
steve

burnoutboy
10-16-2006, 02:11 PM
w00t! you gotta find your way into the house through an open window. dont forget to pick up some supplies along the way (in the kitchen and living room... also in the attic) there's a trap door under the rug in the living room that leads underground!
Oh hey btw... Thanks for that link you sent me... :beer If you ever find part 2 or 3 please send it my way. :)
Oh, I never thought about lifting that rug up.
I think zork 2 and 3 appear if you complete zork one???

Rm250RF900R
10-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm a huge Return to castle wolfenstein fan. I bought it new in 2001, Beat single player about 5 times and now I play it online. I have been playing it online for about 3 1/2 years now.

Dammit!
10-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm a huge Return to castle wolfenstein fan. I bought it new in 2001, Beat single player about 5 times and now I play it online. I have been playing it online for about 3 1/2 years now.

I bet you're looking forward to Quake Wars then, eh?

Rm250RF900R
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah that does sound like a cool game. I also cant wait for Wolfenstein 2 to come out.

wolfspider
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM

i haven`t played wolfenstien for along time, but i used to love it , its where i got my wolfspider name from lol.
i`ll have to load it on the computer again.

theonlyjosh
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I use to play conquer online and runescape... they are horrible games but ya they were addicting, i don't play video games at all now... just look on these forums, and do an online radio club thing... mabye lil ps2 though. nothing really.

chris200x
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Allright. Lets have some fun. Name a game from C64 or atari and I'll post a screen shot of it. Or a link to a pic at least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/SPD_FRK/th_C64.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/SPD_FRK/C64.jpg)

Do you remeber maniac mansion or spy vs. spy? :naughty:

I really don't play alot of the new games out today.. Although a was hooked on those grand turismo games there for a long time.

SYKO
10-16-2006, 03:23 PM
oh god dont get me started on grand turismo, holy crap I sat for 8 hrs playing one of the endurance single races, I laped all the other cars 20 times! just so I could get the toyota gt1 car, now I totally own on every track! GT4!

traxxasx
10-16-2006, 03:29 PM
css!!!...............................

traxxasx
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
I still play grand truismo2 on ps1 all the time,.

Kintore
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I use to play Starcraft online, and Ive played halo 2 on the box but thats it.

SPD FRK
10-16-2006, 06:38 PM
For some reason Maniac Mansion wont work but Spy vs Spy does.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/SPD_FRK/th_Spyvs.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/SPD_FRK/Spyvs.jpg)

Tri-ZNate
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Halo, starcraft and Diablo 2

350Xhilaration
10-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Wish I still had my C64.

Got an Atari 2600 sitting on top of the 50" Hitachi downstairs. :w00t: I only have a dozen or so games for it. Have an emulator on my laptop with every 2600 game made. Just not the same as using paddles and a joystick.

"Old Quake 3" That's a new game Billy LOL!

I haven't gamed in a couple years. Used to play D2 pretty heavily. Motocross Madness (1&2), Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Age Of Empires, Re-Volt, Half-Life, Counter Strike Beta (Back when it was a mod before you could buy it in a store) + many more.

I just found System Shock 2 on my desk. That was a pretty creepy game. Still sells for 35 bux on eBay.

Sitting in front of a PC for 8-9 hours a day kinda takes away the urge to play a game on one in my offtime. :(

If I could have the many hours of sleep back....what a young fella I'd be.

bassman
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm a big 'ol gamer. I used to play all the time, but it seems like i'm couped up with my machines, work, and stuff to play anymore as much as I used to. But I do dedicate time to kicking my buddy's asses in Super Smash Bros. every weekend, and schoolin noobs in Call of Duty 2. Also, I used to play madden '06 all the time online. Had a best record of 17-5. If anyone plays, let me know, i'm always up for a game or to.
My main gaming attraction is collecting PS1 games. I absolutley love the PS1, and thats what i play by myself the most. I have ALOT of games for it, and i still need to further expand my collection. Overall, my collection is easily worth $1000. Not joking. I could get $500 out of my RPGs alone...It pays to keep your games in mint condition. I've been looking for a mod chipped ps1, and burn all my games, so I don't have to risk scrathing them or something whenever i want to play them.

bassman
10-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Oh yea, and I saw mention of the GT series....
GT2>>>>GT4>GT1>GT3.
GT2 is by far the best. If you haven't played it get it now. GT4 is pretty and all, but it gets boring. I have no idea why either. But screen shot feature of the game is cool as hell. I have so many pics its not even funny.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Baltour/ViperDrift.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Baltour/MADAIRRSC.jpg

I need to play that game again.

Enigma
10-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I’m kind of big gamer. I have played many games from atari and VexTrex to Xbox 360 and my PC. I don't have a 360 myself but my friends do, I have a PS2. Some of the games I play/have even though I haven’t played any of them for a while though. Battle field 2, CoD 2, HL 1 and 2, All the Starcrafts, Diablo 1 and 2. I have heard rumors of a Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2!!! :w00t: Halo 2, Madden 07, Fight Night: Round 3 is probably my favorite. Lastly WoW which I haven't play for about 4 months.

On the GT4 note. I don't really like it. It’s too hard to be fun I have spent hours cursing the game out because I can't get my A license. Maybe I just suck at racing games because I never did get the International A in the original GT game. :cry:

SYKO
10-16-2006, 10:34 PM
damn I love gt4, I have all the lescense's the last one was a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*, and getting the toyota gt1 makes things alot easier now all I need is the suzuki escudo, and the game will be done!

Tri-ZNate
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I have heard rumors of a Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2!!! :w00t:

That would kick some major ass. Its been 8 years since Brood war came out, bout time lol.

caleb200x
10-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Have any of you guys ever played the Guild Wars games. That and the old ps1 final fantasies are what i play mostly.

SPD FRK
10-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Does anyone here play Colin Mcrae Rally 05? I will own you in that game. I bought a handle bar type controller because it was like riding my R. Throwing the car around corners is just like leaning out on a high speed corner. The corrections you have to make are the same. The throttle control makes a huge difference and your line will make you or break you. Its the closest I've come to the real deal. The controller was not the ticket so now I use a Momo wheel. Do I ever wish I could get handlebars for that game. That would be the ultimate s h i t. Cant wait for CM Dirt to make its face known. I hope they dont "F" it up.

El'Capitan
10-17-2006, 02:17 AM
Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are just rumors that have been floating around since who knows when. As long as Blizzard has WoW to sit on and milk, i can gaurentee that no other project will get as close to being released as Ghost was....what a let down, i was soooooooo looking forward to Ghost. o well, i still play D2 and Starcraft and enjoy it so its all good.

bassman
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I’m kind of big gamer. I have played many games from atari and VexTrex to Xbox 360 and my PC. I don't have a 360 myself but my friends do, I have a PS2. Some of the games I play/have even though I haven’t played any of them for a while though. Battle field 2, CoD 2, HL 1 and 2, All the Starcrafts, Diablo 1 and 2. I have heard rumors of a Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2!!! :w00t: Halo 2, Madden 07, Fight Night: Round 3 is probably my favorite. Lastly WoW which I haven't play for about 4 months.

On the GT4 note. I don't really like it. It’s too hard to be fun I have spent hours cursing the game out because I can't get my A license. Maybe I just suck at racing games because I never did get the International A in the original GT game. :cry:

Are you serious?
It was easy as hell....

Eric250R
10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
WOW... I see some of you are as addicted as I am. I've been a huge gamer since the first days of atari. I still have the original Sega master system, Sega Genesis, N64, playstion 1, and my love, my XBOX. I don't really play alot of Computer games, and for some reason I still haven't bought an XBOX 360 yet. But I play ALOT of HALO2 online, some call of duty, and a few others. I have a few friends that I get together with on a regular basis, and I would definately consider us to be HARDCORE gamers. :w00t:

3 weelin geezer
10-17-2006, 10:27 PM

I really don't play alot of the new games out today.. Although a was hooked on those grand turismo games there for a long time.

AHHH! spy vs. spy, that was a fun game even if it beat me like a rodney king every time! I think I have a cartridge of ....what? I know I have one for controlling a tnc or some kind or radio equiptment.