PDA

View Full Version : Yerf Dog

Macs
10-17-2006, 10:51 PM
i just purchased a yerf dog from my neihgbor for $400. It is in really good shape. Has about 7 hours on it. Any way i want to hop it up. i already have plans on the lift which will be very easy but what about engine mods, tranny's? Does anyone have experience with these. It is a great concept but it is way under powered. I am going to take the whells and tires off of my trx125 to put on this.

jason 32
10-17-2006, 10:57 PM
any pics? i never heard of it
but there are the usual parts- cam,carb/jets,exhaust, bore it out, crank work
it depends on what you want to do
tranny? check with (a loop) and see if they have a different ratio

MTS
10-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Dont those have like a 5hp brigs with a torque converter on them? if so not much you can do...cept put a 125-250 pinger in it....then it will go

Macs
10-18-2006, 07:44 AM
It has a GY6 engine, 150cc with a torque converter. It will do about thirty which i dont mind but i couldnt make it up a little hill. I didnt know if there was a sub tranny that i could add on so i could mess with the gearing. I am seriously conteplating putting like a 300ex engine on it. This little thing is fun. I loaded up my Wife and daughter in it and cruised the neigborhood.

sblt500r
10-18-2006, 08:50 PM
i just worked on a yerf dog with one of those 150 engines. it ran real good, and would climb pretty steep hills with 2 adults in it with ease. something must be slipping or worn on yours, for it not to climb a small hill. also the stock shocks, really suck.

keep an eye on the front ball joints. those are a weak link in the front end. you don't need one of those falling out while your doing 30 down the road!!

Macs
10-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Ons spindlre has been repaired and i read that they are known to be weak along with the ball joints so i will be ordering a heavy duty set here shortly. I rebuilt the carb and it runs alot better. I think that might have been why it would not climb the hill. I am still looking at lifting it and putting the TRX125 wheels and tires on it. i really enjoy this thing. I kinda just bought it to resale it but it is perfect for cruising the little community where i live. It is quiet ( except for a irritating vibration ). I think i am going to hang onto it for a while. Since i bought it, it has become the most used machine i got.

theonlyjosh
10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
hmm never heard of it, sounds kinda cool though, you got any pics?