PDA

View Full Version : Shipping wheels and tires question

TexFest
10-18-2006, 01:15 AM
I was wondering if anyone on here has shipping any wheels with the tires mounted on them?

Is it ok to ship them with air still in them or do they want you to take the air out before you ship them?

These wheels and tires are off of a pickup.

thanks and any other tips for shipping them would be helpful if you have any

smokinwrench
10-18-2006, 08:11 AM
I have shipped a few atv tire and wheel sets. I always fill them with air after I wrap them together to make sure they are as tight as can be. I usually put them under the bumper of a pickup and squeeze them with a pry bar them tie them tightly together. After that I air them up and cover them in that shipping suran wrap stuff and mail them without a box.

SYKO
10-18-2006, 08:20 AM
depends on how big they are, I try to use usps all the time, I jsut saran wrap the hell out of wheels and tires and send it on its way, ups might be your best bet for truck wheels

clutchcargo
10-18-2006, 11:01 AM
I just got 2 tires mounted on rims from RockyMountain ATV and they shipped them with air in them. They were shrink wrapped together. So if they do it, then it must be ok.

TexFest
10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey thanks for the replies people.

I probably will use ups since the tires are 31 inch tires and kind of heavy with them mounted on wheels, there's a little place here in town that a guy owns and he packages them for you so i'll just take them to him and let him do it since he does ups shipping.

Dirtcrasher
10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
FEDEX has always been cheaper than UPS for me. Greyhound is even cheaper but someone has to be there to get them at the bust station. Shrink wrap is best. As an example, I can ship 2 ATV tires mounted about anywhere for about 27$. Alot of people charge 40$ or more to ship ina an EBAY auction, it may be the shipper they use or just extra cash for them...

jason 32
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
whats the weight diff -with and without air? any one ever checked ?
price would be cheeper without