PDA

View Full Version : polaris magnum 425 help plz!!!!!!

wolfspider
10-20-2006, 05:57 PM
hi i`ve got a polaris magnum in for a service, i`ve done every thing except change the oil. i took out the sump plug under the motor and drained that oil, my question is this:- is there another place to drain the oil? there looks to be an oil reservoir just behind the front wheel, do i drain this??
any help appreciated.
cheers steve

Wickedfinger
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't believe the 425 motor has an external oil cooler/tank like the 500's do. I think your tank might be the coolant overflow/surge bottle.

wolfspider
10-21-2006, 03:41 AM
I don't believe the 425 motor has an external oil cooler/tank like the 500's do. I think your tank might be the coolant overflow/surge bottle.

hi wicked
i can see a coolant overflow tank but theres also a big black tank with pipes going to the engine that looks like an oil reservoir??
do i crack off the nut at the bottom of this??
steve

hrc200x
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey, my dad has a '95 magnum 4x4 and we just did the oil change this past summer, it seems there was two oil drains, one on the crank case like you found, very little oil came out, and the other was on the bottom of the oil tank on the left side of the machine if your sitting on it.

wolfspider
11-02-2006, 03:55 AM
Hey, my dad has a '95 magnum 4x4 and we just did the oil change this past summer, it seems there was two oil drains, one on the crank case like you found, very little oil came out, and the other was on the bottom of the oil tank on the left side of the machine if your sitting on it.

hi thanks for the reply, it was that bolt on the oil tank, i got it sorted a couple of weeks ago, but thankyou anyway.
cheers steve