PDA

View Full Version : ok guys, gotta know... 270 bb kit for blaster?

scooterroo
10-20-2006, 10:13 PM
now i'm not saying they dont exsist, but i have been on a few of the other forums i am a member on, trying to find out info on this supposed 270 bigbore kit for the blaster that was mentioned in another thread in trikesylvania. does anybody else know anything of something like this exsisting? everyone i asked says that somebody is blowing smoke up somebody elses poop tunnel. that if there was a 270 kit, you would more then likely have to have it stroked and run a monster carb, and a tuned exhaust, etc etc, basically it would be totally tricked. but the pics of this supposed blaster shows it looking basically bone stock except for the fmf fatty pipe with "stock" silencer on it. like i asked before, does anybody else no anything about a 270 big bore kit for the blaster? or this just hogwash? my sources are pretty reputiable, the guys been dealing with blasters for quite sometime, owns his own performance business and everything, and he's never even heard of one.:wondering

SYKO
10-21-2006, 10:30 AM
ask random strike suposadly his gf's blaster has a 280 kit in it, I dont beleive a 270 a 240 on the last bore is 240, and if you put anything over a 4mm stroker crank in you have to trench the cases, 3mm just makes it (its on my gf's blaster) so unless they put a insane stupid cyl on it, I dotn beleive it, even with a 4mm stroker and a 240 kit on last bore it wouldnt be 270 might be 246 tops. or some guy could be doing some serious machining and puting a bored out tri-z or yz cyl on it and adding water cooling to it and boreing that out, who knows, pics?

scooterroo
10-21-2006, 11:12 AM
well thats the bike i am talking about, he said it was a 270, punched to 280, but the thing looks totally stock except the fmf head pipe and different tires. every body i have talked to says theres no such thing, no way. random strike, if you check out this post, i know you said you were going to be tearing the motor down for a rebuild with stock jug and piston, any chance you can get a side by side pic of the cylinders and maybe find out a bit more on who makes this cylinder and piston kit? what will you be doing with 270 cylinder as well? might be interested in it if its still useable. also what size carb does it have feeding that thing?

Macs
10-21-2006, 11:38 AM
there is no 270 kit that i know of. I read the same thread and started searching right after i read it. Everyone i talk to thinks i am crazy.

TimSr
10-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Ive never heard of it, and I dont see much of market for one. The 240 kits were created for competitions within designated classes, and when you get any bigger it puts you in big bore classes, and while a modified Blaster motor will generate competive power to the big bores, its chassis design makes suspension and handling far inferior to the 250R,400EX and on up the line. All the Blaster big bore kits are known for taking a stock bullet proof engine and while making it super fast, also turning it into a time delay grenade. Blaster big bores are not for trail riders, They are for guys with big checkbooks who compete. You want a big bore, go buy a bigbore. They are cheap now, and will last a lot longer.

scooterroo
10-22-2006, 05:11 PM
well been searching and searching, to no avail. so its definately looking as if it just doesnt exsist. i dont know what random strike is thinking, but everyone i have talked to about this, says he must be blowing alot off hot wind out his pie hole, lol, cuz they just dont exsist.

jason 32
10-22-2006, 11:28 PM
mabe he is figuring the cc's wrong?