PDA

View Full Version : Quad Bogs ,Need answers ???

sandpuppi101
10-21-2006, 10:54 AM
I guess this would be the proper forum to list this thread in. Anyways as if I am not busy enough ,I am also a member of Got Mud,a 4x4 group up here in lower Mi.,anyways I was approached by one of the members who actually hold's one of these bog's once a month,about having a mudbog for ATV's,preferably Quad's!! Anyways we have been talking about it and he would like to have these ATV bog's on the weekend's ,where the 4x4 club is'nt tearing it up at his place!! I need some info and or suggestions on how too's and what not's on how to get one of these things going!! It will be probably a monthly event,starting in spring '07!! One thing that we have talked about and most importantly is ,Safety!! I also need to know where I could find people that would come to this event!! I am meeting with him on a serious note in 2 weeks and would like to bring some info and ideas to the table!!We did discuss the 3 wheeler thing ,and trikes are welcome,But this is a bog and realisticaly ,would they fit the profile of bogging,I would like too see it but... Anyways guys help me out here and send me some ideas or if you have ever been to a ATV bog,let me know of how they set it up?? Thank you all in advance!!!;)

TimSr
10-21-2006, 05:03 PM
I competed in a local one here, and took first place in the series in my class. I found it by an advertisment in a local paper.

They had two trenches that we ran in. One was for 4x4 and more soupy. The other was for the 2WD models. It was basically a timed run through the pit. It requires water available in high volume, and a backhoe as the pits frequently needed tweaked, as they would get too dry, and have to be rewatered, and then mixed up again.

The only saftey issues were that sometimes guys would hit the mud and flip over forward. (Raptors had an issue with this!)

This group did not all trikes, (insurance specified) but trikes would have had a problem anyways as ruts got formed between groomings, and would have pulled a trike cockeyed.

sandpuppi101
10-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for that Tim,Yeah Although I would like trikes there ,It's not the thing we are looking at! He said he is wanting a free for all ,but I would like to see some sort of competition !!!