PDA

View Full Version : Trike /Quad swapmeet ideas!!

sandpuppi101
10-21-2006, 11:15 AM
I have been talking it over with a associate ,and I am thinking of putting together a trike /quad swapmeet-show in '07 up here in Mi !! The location is 10 minutes north of I-69 ,and would be an easy drive for you folks in Ohio-New York-Indiana-and Canada . Camping would be avaliable on the property,and stores and hotels are only minutes away!! Not only would I like to have a swapmeet but I would like to have some sort of a custom show as well as restored and vintage Trikes!! My heart lays in the Trike community ,but I think quads and maybe even custom golfcarts would also be attractive to the event!! I am very serious about this and am looking for ideas and or people who would be willing to participtate!! Looking for any serious ideas ,just to get the ball rolling or to even see if there is any interest??I would also like to add that this would "Not"!!!, be a riding event,yet a event for us to trade-mingle- and show off our machine's!! I figure if the bikers can do it ,why not Trikers!!!Thanks in advance,lets get this thing in gear for '07 !!!

seadoo650
10-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Set a date and keep us posted. I'm sure alot of the OTC would come.

sandpuppi101
10-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks Rick I think that something like this could be good for the Trike community,And I would hope, the gang at OTC would attend !! You have great rider's,a awesome spokesman,seat pro's,and a real Dragqueen,and Kintore or Tapper are'nt far away from Canada! That would be great if you guys could represent!!!

Kintore
10-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Im always up to represent nada, Tapper is like 20 mins from me! Still have yet to meet him.

Mosh
10-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Tammy and i were just discussing having one of these here in ohio.There is a dragstrip for cars and they also have a sand drag pit for tractor pulling.We wanted to call them and have a atv drag event and swap meet if they will let us.We were wondering the same thing,how many people would show up.Either way Sandpup,it is a great idea.It may be small at first,but could grow into one of those huge events a few years down the road.Have you looked into booth prices for vendors yet?

sandpuppi101
10-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Well see that's the good thing about this location,it is a buddy of mine's place where he has mud bogs at,and since we are buddies and I am also a member of the 4x4 club,I would think that money would be very minimal at best!! I will be talking to him next week and I would like to bring ideas to the table!! The location is off the beaten path a bit but would be a great location!! I am like you,just looking for interest,but like you said it may start small and get huge!! I can talk to local shops and dealers and I am sure they will be interested,but I would also like to have a show also,I think that would be cool!! What do you all think of that,maybe have a Triker buildoff of sorts??? And swapmeet !! I think it would work out!! Rob,you and Tammy will be there ,won't you?? Obviously this is just getting started ,but I would like to have it in early '07,probably before Trike Fest!!

Mosh
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Keep us posted on the date.We cant commit to being there at this time,but i would like to go.If any thing else,we can probably send you some stuff to sell.

Groundworx
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
If I were closer, I would definetly attend.