PDA

View Full Version : screwed on 250r parts!

dizasterzrfun69
10-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Well i dont know what section this goes in because it WAS in the calssifieds and not ebay, feel free to move it mods,sorry. I know 3ww isnt responsible for any part of this and im not saying they are. I'm just kinda pissed and want to tell some people. :D

Sooo jmquadmx or something like that, posted a 250r in the classifieds with a bunch of parts for $600. I called him as soon as i saw it posted, we talked for probablly an hour total, i sent him a $60 deposit because he said thats all he needed. I woke up at 7:30 to take off to NY and i had a voicemail on my phone saying someone drove up last night and gave him $1500 for everything. So was it someone on here?? I know $1500 is a lot more than he was asking but thats not the point. I was quick to call and got him a deposit because i KNEW they would go quick. soo once again i get screwed out of a good deal.

Kevin

atctim
10-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Kevin -

You have every right to be pissed - I mean - what was the deposit for if he sold it out from under it anyway????? I'm not sure what I would do. If it is a young kid - talk to his parents - they should do something about it. If it is not a young kid - not much you can do besides flame him and let people know his "Style".

It sucks man - sorry about the news.

SYKO
10-23-2006, 08:48 AM
well the only thing that I knew about the 250r is that he got laid off and needed the money, I can understand your frustration, but I can alos understand his delima, Ive been in his shoes before and had to sell stuff, and when I needed money fast, I really dont know if I would have sold out like that, did you get your deposit back?

Jim mac
10-23-2006, 09:17 AM
thats why when I sell something I don't take deposits, But I'll usually sell it to the first person with the cash. Last weekend I found a kawasaki 80 dirt bike for a $100 bucks the Guys kid asked him to keep it, which I understood, I left my number and he called back a couple hours later and told me his son decided to let it go. But hes had other offers and if I still wanted it I could have it for a $175. Since I perfer to play with ATCs I told him basically he shouldn't try to sell stuff like that at a yard sale, and probably get a whole lot more advertising in the paper. jim

hrc85250r
10-23-2006, 10:58 AM
i dont get it, you sent him a 60$ deposit in the mail the day before you went to pick it up? or you paypal'ed him 60$ the day before you left? option #1 would just be dumb, and option#2 you file a complaint with him.

dizasterzrfun69
10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
i dont get it, you sent him a 60$ deposit in the mail the day before you went to pick it up? or you paypal'ed him 60$ the day before you left? option #1 would just be dumb, and option#2 you file a complaint with him.

I paypal'ed him $60 last night and i was supposed to go get it today. He did refund me all my money but i still think it was a shitty thing to do. I know he is layed off and has bills to pay but i also know if i gave someone my word on something like that and they gave me a deposit i wouldnt even talk to anyone else about selling it. i'd be honest and tell them that someone already beat them to it and has a deposit on it.

SYKO
10-23-2006, 01:07 PM
well I dont back on my word for anything, and I wouldnt have got my R if my freind went back on his word after I gave him a deposit, If it came down to it He should have called you and asked you, due the situation at hand can I refund you your money becouse I could really use the extra money, and I am very sorry, and if you dont except this then I wll go threw with the deal with you at a loss. thats what I would have done in that situation, but on the other hand money is a fickle thing and if you have a fammilly and im down to the wire taking care of them, I might have done the same thing.

ScottZJ
10-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Well unfortunately welcome to the world u live in. Its all about money to most people, truely sad. They will drop a deal the sec they get more money. I just feel what comes around goes around, one day he might get his. Sorry to hear about the bad deal.

Mosh
10-23-2006, 05:52 PM
I feel your pain.I have had many deals yanked from under me.At least he was cool enought refund your deposit.

88 Turbo Coupe
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
A mans "word" and handshake isn't what it used to be. I 've done deals on a handshake, looked the person staight in the eye and still he nixed the deal. I hate to tell you but it seems people in the new millenium have changed their ways.

Louis Mielke
10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Bad form. In my oppionion it works both ways, if I say i'm gonna buy something I buy it, even if I show up and its a total pos and mis represented.

If I'm gonna sell something I'm gonna sell it. Someone makes a deal, its done. It doesn't change after a deal has been made.

Just my thoughts on good form and all that jazz. If I've ever gone against this ideal and you wanna call me out, feel free and I'll be happy to make it good even now.

82300R
10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
sorry to hear that, i know it sucks when someone doesn't hold up their end of a deal. especially when its someone from here. at least you did get your money back . i was screwed over by a member here and never got parts or money back. then the peckerwood just disappears. thats the only online sour deal i have had, thats the sad part.:mad:

dizasterzrfun69
10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
yea it really sucks because it had all kinds of parts i could have used for my project, including a cal fab skidplate, extra frame, fmf system, all kinds of parts. If i would have got it i already had the frame with the engine in it sold for what i was going to pay for the whole lot. I would have had all kinds of parts and i wouldnt have had anything in them after it was all said and done. O well, i guess you just gotta take it sometimes. Enough of my complaining though, it just kind of upset me when i woke up this morning and had that voicemail on my phone.

Howdy
10-24-2006, 08:00 AM
This is why we have a feedback forum. I would suggest typing up the whole ordeal including any PM's, emails and such that was exchanged. Then post the user his / her earned feedback. This will help others decide if they want to deal with that user.
Howdy

Dammit!
10-24-2006, 05:50 PM
I know he is layed off and has bills to pay

I'd cut the guy some slack. It sucks for you not getting a smoking deal on the R but think of how bad it sucks for him that he's having to sell it just to pay bills. That's a very unpleasant situation to be in.

If you were faced with paying the mortgage or not and somebody offered you more than double what you were going to get from some other guy, what would you do? Honestly now. Providing for your family is number 1. If that's the situation the guy is in, I can't say I blame him at all.

/devil's advocate

Lomax
10-26-2006, 10:29 AM
I have to Agree with Dammit on this one. I think thats its dumb that the guy took a Deposit if it didnt mean anything (aparently it didnt) but in his shoes the more he can get the better off he is. I know what its like to be in his spot. Selling stuff you want to keep but need the money. I feel for his position because it sucks. Wake up the next morning only to remember that you had to sell some of your things the night before to make ends meet. The more you can get for one item might mean that you could be able to keep something else