PDA

View Full Version : MAX atv six wheelers

Lomax
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyone have any experiance with the MAX six wheelers? I just became a dealer and got the first 2 in off of the truck a couple days ago. Thjey sure are neat. I have never messed with anything quite like them before. Just wanted to hear a little feedback about them from people who might have owed them or has experiance with them. That way if a customer asks, I will have something to tell them about the machines, kinda like owner feedback?...

Howdy
10-24-2006, 03:15 PM
A friend and me owned one about 8-10 years ago. It was a bear to get started, but once it started it would go through anything and everything. They do need to add something for water though. Going through water was very slow at best.
Howdy

sblt500r
10-24-2006, 08:48 PM
i have a 69 attex 208tt. its not the fastest or the powerfullist, but it sure is fun.

mine has an outboard motor mount for going through water. too bad theres a few leaks and i wouldn't get to far before the belt got wet and it would flood out.

85ytz250n
10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I love them, and will own one in the future. My Volunteer Fire Dept has one and we love it, absolute most useful piece of equipment that we have for water rescue. We jump at the chance to use it, and sometimes have to flip for driver rights. I take it out every chance I get for "training". If you want you can tell your customers that the Max has been driven to the edge by the Wayne County Volunteer Fire Dept and it always gets us there and back. Starts the first time everytime and never leaked. Sometime the cost of maintence is a little high but I would rather spend money on that than on 25 dollar toilet paper for the court house.

Barry

Lomax
10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I am glad to hear positive thoughts about these machines. As I am sure everyone knows there arent cheap, At least I didnt make a mistake and decide to become a dealer for something thats lesser quality than I had hoped

brapp
10-26-2006, 06:46 PM
they are a blast and even tough it says creep into the water slowly i have literaly launched them into the water 1/2 throttle or better offbanks and ledges lol

chris200x
10-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I had a max many years ago. If I remember correctly it had a 440 rockwell or some sort of snow modile motor in it and it went pretty good. One downfall to them is the low ground clearence. I remember we got hung up alot with it. But It would go through pretty much anything you could throw at it. I wish I still had the sucker...

jp212
02-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Check out www.6x6world.com They've got all the information you could ever dream of on there about 6 wheelers.

tapage
05-05-2013, 11:54 PM
we own a 1999 max and its so fun we dont really get to go in the the water much because we dont have anymore of the little plugs that go in the bottom, I actually went up a hill in it today where i flipped my 3wheeler and made it fine even tho in the "video cassette" that came with it when we got it said do not exceed a 45 degree slope for vertical climbing i bet the hill was at least a 73 or 74 degree hill and ya right up fine

tapage
05-07-2013, 08:52 PM
also weak axels on are MAX II and where you loacated looking at buying another one somtime to replace ares because the transmition is startint to get bad and no idea how to fix it