PDA

View Full Version : just boguht some casm for my zuk

3leggeddog
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
well i picked up a set of stage 2 cams for my ltz400.this thing just needs a little bit more motor,and it'll be sweet.eventually i want a big bore,ported,polished,camed,with the high comp piston.but for now,this will have to do.

should i expect a jetting change?how much do you think this will wake her up?

200xcellent
10-24-2006, 08:16 PM
after the cam in my rappy i went up one jet size, i know you remember it got a bit lean after the cam

MRPoopie
10-24-2006, 09:33 PM
if the old cams are aftermarket would you be interested in selling them?

Thanks,
Clayton

3leggeddog
10-25-2006, 05:48 AM
it has the stock cams now.

yeah i remember chuck.how was your power gain?

200xcellent
10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
power gain was very slight with mine since i didnt have the high comp piston in yet, but is was noticable. They should really wake up that 13.5:1

3leggeddog
10-25-2006, 09:10 PM
i hope man,this thing is stupid slow feelin.just don't ahve that hit you know!?even your rappy FEELS fast,this thing must pull good,but damn,it don't feel like it.some halls porting outta help too!!

Mosh
10-26-2006, 07:46 PM
i hope man,this thing is stupid slow feelin.just don't ahve that hit you know!?even your rappy FEELS fast,this thing must pull good,but damn,it don't feel like it.some halls porting outta help too!!cams will wake it up more,but i see two problems here with the power hit.1) it has too many wheels:lol: 2) it is a four-stroke:confused: .

nah Man,it will take some gettin used to.My friend had one with a ct sonic pipe on it and i thought it ran pretty good.From what he told me,and he is big into the mx end of things,the z-400 with the 440 kit owns the track with the right rider on it.

3leggeddog
10-26-2006, 08:02 PM
glad to hear that mosh.i plan on a bog bore kit,if i keep it.i kinda want a new ltr 450.they are super nice,after a little time on nates,i really like em.but this is good for now.it's a good start.i hope with a little more power i can run with the big dogs next year

Mosh
10-26-2006, 08:06 PM
glad to hear that mosh.i plan on a bog bore kit,if i keep it.i kinda want a new ltr 450.they are super nice,after a little time on nates,i really like em.but this is good for now.it's a good start.i hope with a little more power i can run with the big dogs next yearyou can hang man.porting will do a ton for a 4 stroke.i ported and polished tripods 300ex motor and we cammed it,and for a 300 ex motor,it actually has a hard midrange hit.you can feel it kick in.that was just mild porting.I am sure Jason will wake that baby up.

3leggeddog
10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
i'm counting on it.as soon as the 500r is done,and the 250r is back together,i'll take the head up there,if he has time.he's working on seriuosly siick chit this winter.him and derrick are tryin to put together a siick,siick,ride.if they do it,it'll be so crazy,siick,i'll puke.

anyway,yeah i'm gonna do some more motor work,and try to keep from droppin a few g-s.we'll see.i sure like it though.it's so easy to ride,LOL.