PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here dealt with Parts Man?

atctim
10-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Parts Man (Mike Lindgren) out of Florida - I can't find any feedback on him (after searching). Anyone ever buy from him before?

I am very curious - - - - - - -

Dirtcrasher
10-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Parts man came on here as a newbie and almost all his posts consist of having things to sell.

This has happened before and usually the guy has nothing, has junk to sell or takes forever to take care of a deal. I do truly apologize if he is on the up and up but I simply won't buy anything from anyone who doesn't buy/sell and post regular questions in general and open.

At least twice he has offered me items and I didn't respond, I'll let someone else figure him out first...

Could be a great guy, I don't know??

85ytz250n
10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I have, not going to make that mistake again. I was looking for a complete rear for my 200es and he said he had one, had a good price so I took the deal. He sent me about half of the gear case assembly and still hasnt sent me my money back so that I can send his junk back.

Barry

atctim
10-26-2006, 08:04 AM
OK - I had a deal gone bad too. I WTB a TRX stator - he PM'ed me with one, so I bought it. The stator was bad and he won't refund the money because all sales are final on Electrical parts. I understand policies, but not standing behind something that was bad from the get go is pure BS! After replacing his part with an OEM fixed the problem!

Buyers beware - sounds like you may wanna stay away from this guy. I am giving him today to straighten out this deal - if not he gets NEGATIVE feedback in the buyers/sellers forum, and I would encourage 85ytz250n do do the same so no one else gets burned in the future. I searched for feedback for him and found none!

Here is his website - www.summitoffroad.net

atctim
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Well - after more email correspondense, he can't / won't do anything about it. I left him negative feedback on this site, then he comes back and says about sending me a replacement. However, this does me NO good - as I have informed him that I had to get another one to fix the problem.

My opinion is - Stay away from this guy.

longbedGTs
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Why is getting people do to the right thing like pulling teeth these days?

I could write a book.

Too bad about your deal, Ive lost money on crappy deals to. Most recent a Microsoft Flight Simulator game. 'softwarebuyer.net' user on eBay...

LonesomeTriZ
10-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I have thought about contacting him myself. I wonder if any one on here as had any good luck with him. I do agree with Dirtcrasher though. I do not like the people who just come on here to peddle there stuff.

Macs
10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
It sounded like he was trying to work with you. I might have misunderstood but he offered to send you other parts free right? i have bought used BAD electrical parts before and i learned to never by used electrical cause they will not take them back under any circumstances. I have complained to a few companies about this and they have never, ever offered me any discount or free parts. i think he might have went a little above and beyond. At least he did more then any other company i have dealt with.

atctim
10-26-2006, 07:08 PM
he led on that he was going to send me free parts, but no - he wanted more money before he would do anything. Life lesson learned! - don't buy electrical parts used from someone you don't personally know.

Mrs.Mosh
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Sorry to hear you guys have had a bad experience with Summit Off Road. I have bought from him before and it was good. I did not purchase electrical items, but he told me the condition of the parts and they were better than I was expecting. The shipping was quick and I got a good deal. I wanted a number of items so he gave me a package deal. I hope he does you right on this.

88 Turbo Coupe
10-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Dont send cash. Fool! Use a credit card or paypal. If somthing is wrong you have some protection. Even if their policy is "no returns", and the part is bad, you CAN return it for a refund if you use one of the two above payment methods. Unless it's a ultra rare part there will always be another one to buy somtime soon!

atctim
10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Just wanted to share this as I am still sour:

WTB: 200ES Complete rear end.

JUst trying to find a complete rear end for my 200es, the one that I pulled today has major problems. So if you have one let me know what you want for it and what kinda shipping price to 39367. If you are in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, or north Florida let me know cause depending on distance I may pick it up. Thanx

Barry

Barry-
You needed a rear gearcase.We sent you one.We did not know you needed the whole rear-end of a machine.

That's all I have to say about that!

maggiesboy
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
that says it!

edog
02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
This guy sound like a clown.

TwoHundredEx
02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
This guy sound like a clown.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=59024&highlight=parts+man

Looks like he ended up making it right.

Dirtcrasher
02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Edog drags up a useless year old topic and deletes his post, i'm confused....

Howdy
02-16-2008, 07:18 PM

This isn't the first time it's happened. It gets very anoying ( sp? ) and so I'm seriously thinking about limiting his posting abilities.
Howdy

P.S. I restored his posting.

edog
02-16-2008, 08:48 PM
This isn't the first time it's happened. It gets very anoying ( sp? ) and so I'm seriously thinking about limiting his posting abilities.
Howdy

P.S. I restored his posting.

I mean really what's the problem.I made a mistake and I erased it is that a crime?We all at time post stuff we don't mean and would like to rite the wrong.:wondering Why does it bother you Howdy?

edog
02-16-2008, 08:51 PM

I got this guy posting that he has parts for me that I am looking for.Then I heard a few bad things about him.Then found out he rited the wrong.
Sound like he was good to his so I removed my old post.

Howdy
02-17-2008, 01:33 AM
I mean really what's the problem.I made a mistake and I erased it is that a crime?We all at time post stuff we don't mean and would like to rite the wrong.:wondering Why does it bother you Howdy?

What gets me ( and many others ) irritated is the constant deletion of postings ( replies and threads ). It seems that as soon as you don't like the way one of your threads or replies is going, and or you start looking bad, then you delete the thread or your replies in a thread. If your willing to post up such stuff ( I'm trying to be nice here ) , then stand up and take the heat. If you can't take the heat then don't post it. It's really common sence if you think about it.

But then the deletion topic was discussed some time ago. I guess this icon fits here:
http://www.bright.net/~4howdy/Wall.gif

I got this guy posting that he has parts for me that I am looking for.Then I heard a few bad things about him.Then found out he rited the wrong.
Sound like he was good to his so I removed my old post.

I guess using the search feature on the forums before posting would have avoided this one.
http://www.bright.net/~4howdy/bitsearch.gif

DeePa
02-17-2008, 02:50 AM
its about time some people are realizing how retarded he is