PDA

View Full Version : How great is an 87 Quadracer

hadar
10-27-2006, 07:41 PM
I have the chance to buy an 87 lt250 that allegidly runs and drives for $700 I was just wondering if anyone here has ever owned or drove one. I have seen the bike and it looks too clean to be true so I'm a bit skeptical. Are parts rare? Are there any common problems to look out for? Any thoughts will be most helpful.

chris200x
10-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Here's a cool forum that covers the Lt250 and lt500. Everything you want to know these guys can and will help I'm sure.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/LT250_LT500HQ/index.php

hadar
10-28-2006, 03:21 PM
I will have to check that out.

85hondaatc125m
10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I was going to buy a 1985 Lt250 a while back but missed the chance too get it, but I did find out alot of info on them. I hear they are very fast and fun machines to ride, exept for the fact alot of people said they are always breaking down. I dont know if tey just broke down because people drove them so hard or if they were built a little crappier. There are a few people on here that own them and im sure they will eventually reply and give you a good answer. Im sure it would be a nice machine for that price as long as it runs and drive ect. ect. Parts for them are fairly easy to come by, im sure ebay would have tons of parts if not a ATV store would. Hope this helps and if you get it lets see some :pics:

PWK39
11-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I had an 87 250 it was very fast 39mm carb duncan hyperdyne cylinder.pt pipe.87 had a different reed cage than any other years 8 petals compared to 6 on the newer models.I loved mine it was very reliable.Only let me down once
I forgot to torque the head bolts and it seized.I wish I still had it it was a fun quad.The one thing i hated was the swingarm the chain adjustment sucked.I switched to laeger swingarm it had the honda style carrier much better setup.
good luck if you buy it.:)

Big D
11-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Sense someone brought this thread back I thought I would reply. I have an 86 lt250r and it is very reliable as long as you keep it well maintained & tuned. They are extremely fast and when you have a chance to run it against your buddies new four stroke you will hand him his arse almost every time. They might get the hole shot but when you get on the pipe they will be smelling your exhaust. I don’t think that you will find one that hasn’t had any mods done to it. Most owners really wake up their lt250s but not to there full potential. They are wiry things on the trails and a lot of fun to ride. JMO

Danimal11
11-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Have u beat the raptor 700? That quad has too much top end. I can get him up to about 4th gear but thats it. i have a 92 lt250r.

Big D
11-21-2006, 09:08 AM
I haven’t had the opportunity yet. I’m sure I will someday if I still have it. I'm getting kinda old to be running with grasshoppers. I just like the look on peoples faces when you smoke them on a 20 year old machine. Hadar did you buy it?