PDA

View Full Version : nitro RC cars

NewOldSchool
10-27-2006, 11:26 PM
anyone into RC cars on here?

traxxasx
10-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Yes me, i have a nitro hpi rs4 evo. Comes stock with 2 speed tranny, 2 needle carb. It asome ass hell. Ohh im also looking at the superchargers for it but 500$ is to much, but think about it supercharger. It even sounds like the real thing, but mini wise. What do you have?

85ytz250n
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I have the Traxxas T-maxx and nitro4 touring car, got the new team associated mini 4wheel drive. I like gas but have to have electrics for those quick fixes of adreneline.

Barry

TRI-Zbrian
10-28-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah i have a buddie that is big time into them.. but i didnt get into them... the way i see it is if im going to put that much money into the thing lol i want to be able ride on it... and when i found out you can super charge those little things i was like omg.... they rev so high lol... and you can get ones that do close to 80 mph right off of the shelf... lol that is bad ass... little diesal 2 strokes lol ... they also have little mini 4 strokes you can get for them...

traxxasx
10-28-2006, 09:51 PM
I think mine stock off the shelf with fine tuning does 60mph.

theonlyjosh
10-28-2006, 09:55 PM
60... 80mph!! that is just crazy badass wowowowowow i got a lil dinky battery power rc truck... i cant afford gas ones but they do sound wild

3leggeddog
10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
they are crazy fun,but take alot of maintence.everytime i have my nitro rustler out i am tuning on it a little.the slightest temp. change,and it doesn't run to it's fullest potentail.mine runs 55 mph stock,and i put a 22 tooth clutch bell on it to bump it up to 59-60 mph.silly fast,when you think thats a 1/10 scale truck,it's like it's gonig 600 mph to scale,just plain insane to try and control

traxxasx
10-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Actually i never have to reset my tuning. Also there inexpensive. Ive spent more money on motor brushes and aa batteries and pinion gears on electric then gas. I got mine used so its already wore down, and the only thing i have bought for it is gas. 20$ lastesed me like 5 months now. I drive it often and i havent burned a glow plug yet.

bassman
10-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Actually i never have to reset my tuning. Also there inexpensive. Ive spent more money on motor brushes and aa batteries and pinion gears on electric then gas. I got mine used so its already wore down, and the only thing i have bought for it is gas. 20$ lastesed me like 5 months now. I drive it often and i havent burned a glow plug yet.

LOL we've gone over this before. Electrics will always be cheaper. Nitros break stuff at the speed of light. Power doesn't come without a price.
Yea, the tuning gets annoying. I had to tune mine every 2-3 drives.

TRI-Zbrian
10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
yeah i see my friend has to retune the carb on his alot also... that would get annoying to me... my buddie has a Tmax that he is going to be superchargeing... i cant wate to see and engine that small be supercharged...lol...i think they pull like 30000 rpm or somthing like that...amagine that thing throwing a rod... lol...:naughty:

traxxasx
10-28-2006, 10:46 PM
LOL we've gone over this before. Electrics will always be cheaper. Nitros break stuff at the speed of light. Power doesn't come without a price.
Yea, the tuning gets annoying. I had to tune mine every 2-3 drives.

Yes weve gone over it before. But my opinion stays the same gas is cheaper. Also honest to god the last time i tuned my carb was say 3 months ago and thats because i was trying to fine tune it. It has stayed the same not moved at all. Maybe you guys dont put a little lock tight on it to hold it from moving. Also my car rips, it will hit its top speed after about 1.8 secound after throttle is given. So you must be doin it wrong. ALso i had mine tuned for summer, now its fall and cold and it runs the same no tuning nesscary. Sorry i guess.

bigred1981
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
My brother has a HPI Savage he wants to sell me.. actually he said he would take payments.. but I'm going to think about it. It's probably way more truck than any novice like me needs, as the guy he got it off of used to race it. I couldn't believe the money and parts that are wrapped up into this thing. And every time he ran it he had to tune the engine and carry around his infared thermometer so it wouldn't run too lean.. what a pain eh

bassman
10-29-2006, 03:32 AM
Yep. Thats why I now stick to electrics after owning 3 nitros. You can make electrics just as fast. They dont break as often over a given time frame. Easier to maintain. They don't smell, so i can keep them in my room.
The pull start broke on one of my nitros, so i used to carry around a cordless drill LOL. Worked perfect though. Hell of alot better than having to yank at it.

traxxasx
10-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Yep. Thats why I now stick to electrics after owning 3 nitros. You can make electrics just as fast. They dont break as often over a given time frame. Easier to maintain. They don't smell, so i can keep them in my room.
The pull start broke on one of my nitros, so i used to carry around a cordless drill LOL. Worked perfect though. Hell of alot better than having to yank at it.

Like i said if you dont have it tuned right it will take 4ever to start. If its tune alright it will start 3rd pull with new tank of gas. Also i keep mine right beside my bed i dont smell a thing, again i dont see why you guys have all these problems. He had an tempature gauge so he would run just right so he could get the best performance for racing. So in a reagular driving as in not raceing compitetion you have no need for it. Again i owned a traxxas rustler, i jumped it one time over a 1 foot jump, landed flat. It broke both a arms in the front. Also i quote "you only break what you crash" so if your crashing your street car into things, give it to me. Or stop crashing it learn to control it. Ive only seriously crashed my old hpi one time because i went out of range(racing in a huge parking lot doing laps) and it went off and smashed a curb. Now i no my distance and no my limit. If you dont know your limit i say invest in a 20$ fail safe. Or stop crashing lol. Ok im dont peace out.

russell56443
10-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Im into RC,electric though.
I have a couple of the monster type trucks,a Zilla 2 chassis in the works and a Zilla 3 crawler project thats almost done.
I have a Sassy Chassy Clodbuster thats my usual runner and a Tamiya M03 Mini Cooper thats my on road car,I have about all the upgrades on it and it runs a 14 turn Double and is very fast,I just have nowhere to run it out here in the boonies LOL!!!!,my stepson has an Emaxx also.
Heres a pic of the Zilla 3 in progress,it seems like it ends,I always find more stuff I want to do too them and then never get it done LOL!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/russell56443/My%20Clods/Picture064.jpg

bassman
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Here's a great thread from my favorite RC site on the web, been a member since '03. Hopefully this help you with your decision:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56890

Like i said if you dont have it tuned right it will take 4ever to start.

And guess what? You have to have it running to tune it. Temp changes have a huge effect on nitros. I drove my MF during the winter, as seen by my videos. So yes, it was hard to get started.

If its tune alright it will start 3rd pull with new tank of gas. Also i keep mine right beside my bed i dont smell a thing, again i dont see why you guys have all these problems. He had an tempature gauge so he would run just right so he could get the best performance for racing. So in a reagular driving as in not raceing compitetion you have no need for it. Again i owned a traxxas rustler, i jumped it one time over a 1 foot jump, landed flat. It broke both a arms in the front. Also i quote "you only break what you crash" so if your crashing your street car into things, give it to me. Or stop crashing it learn to control it. Ive only seriously crashed my old hpi one time because i went out of range(racing in a huge parking lot doing laps) and it went off and smashed a curb. Now i no my distance and no my limit. If you dont know your limit i say invest in a 20$ fail safe. Or stop crashing lol. Ok im dont peace out.

Right now, all I own is 3 Traxxas Stampedes and a Traxxas Rustler. Electrics for a reason. Electrics are just straight up easier to maintain, handle, and cheaper to replace. If I wanted to continue to blow my money, i'd get another nitro. But I like my cash going towards my trikes. I don't like having to trek down 25 miles in the middle of Ft Wayne, just get a gallon of Traxxas 20%. Why, when all i have to do is, put my batteries on charge for about 20-40 mins.

Im into RC,electric though.
I have a couple of the monster type trucks,a Zilla 2 chassis in the works and a Zilla 3 crawler project thats almost done.
I have a Sassy Chassy Clodbuster thats my usual runner and a Tamiya M03 Mini Cooper thats my on road car,I have about all the upgrades on it and it runs a 14 turn Double and is very fast,I just have nowhere to run it out here in the boonies LOL!!!!,my stepson has an Emaxx also.
Heres a pic of the Zilla 3 in progress,it seems like it ends,I always find more stuff I want to do too them and then never get it done LOL!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/russell56443/My%20Clods/Picture064.jpg

Man I love Clods. I want one so bad, to build a rock crawler, but MAN are they expensive! Almost as much as a nitro!:eek: :eek:
Maybe in the future, but as of now, I got a stampede project :twisted: :twisted:

russell56443
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah the Clods are great,I really like them but like you said the aftermarket stuff is Outrageously priced so it takes forever to finish one lol!!!!!
Heres My Sassy Chassy Clod.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/russell56443/Picture281.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/russell56443/Picture280.jpg

NewOldSchool
10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
my dad just gave me a bunch of new stuff.......im having alot of trouble........its not running right i know....and im missing the reciever....i ran it and it seems to get too hot and im afraid im gonna blow the new motor.....

NewOldSchool
10-29-2006, 09:52 PM
this is another one....its so old i dont even want to mess with it......its missing a bunch of parts too....

bassman
10-29-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums
Go here and ask about your problems. Or send it to me, I'll take good care of it. I'm really digging the dragster(bottom one.) One sell it?

bigredhead
10-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Hmm... on this topic..

As i said before , i currently have 2 nitros.

One of them is an HPI RS4 MT.. got it from a forum member ! .. nice buggy ! but the engine had so low compression it would not even start.. no matter how much i tried ( sealed up with silicone.. etc.. )

So... i picked up a new motor.. bolted it in and BAM.. fired right up.. did my 2 tank on idle... 3rd tank running slowly around the yard on level ground.. pave.. 4th tank same as the 3rd...

Last night on my 5th tank i'm starting to run it faster.. and all was fine.. UNTIL.. the darn wire for the throttle came un-done from the control box and it got stuck at half throttle.... i had steering but no throttle control !!!!...

I had to make a fast decision and find a way to stop the motor .. and fast... before it burned up.. so i bounced it off a curb and it just flipped around and kept going.. hit another kurb.. and it lost the battery pack from the holder.. that got caught in the spinning wheels... finally ran to it.. put down the remote control.. and grabbed the buggy... darn think was still going fast.... got loose and ran over the antenna.. snapping it in half.... finally got it stopped....

Lost 2 batteries that i canot find.. ( AA 's.. cheap.. got plenty so no big deal ) .. broke the antenna... and hopefully did not do too much damage to the motor... i had it really rich *( 3 turns out ) so hopefully it's ok...

I was too pissed off at it to try it last night... might give it a go tonight...

Go electric.

traxxasx
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Hmm... on this topic..

As i said before , i currently have 2 nitros.

One of them is an HPI RS4 MT.. got it from a forum member ! .. nice buggy ! but the engine had so low compression it would not even start.. no matter how much i tried ( sealed up with silicone.. etc.. )

So... i picked up a new motor.. bolted it in and BAM.. fired right up.. did my 2 tank on idle... 3rd tank running slowly around the yard on level ground.. pave.. 4th tank same as the 3rd...

Last night on my 5th tank i'm starting to run it faster.. and all was fine.. UNTIL.. the darn wire for the throttle came un-done from the control box and it got stuck at half throttle.... i had steering but no throttle control !!!!...

I had to make a fast decision and find a way to stop the motor .. and fast... before it burned up.. so i bounced it off a curb and it just flipped around and kept going.. hit another kurb.. and it lost the battery pack from the holder.. that got caught in the spinning wheels... finally ran to it.. put down the remote control.. and grabbed the buggy... darn think was still going fast.... got loose and ran over the antenna.. snapping it in half.... finally got it stopped....

Lost 2 batteries that i canot find.. ( AA 's.. cheap.. got plenty so no big deal ) .. broke the antenna... and hopefully did not do too much damage to the motor... i had it really rich *( 3 turns out ) so hopefully it's ok...

I was too pissed off at it to try it last night... might give it a go tonight...

Go electric.

Dont worry tou dident burn the motor. I broke mine in the same way but after 3rd tank i just let it rip. Also these engines are very very durable. It wont burn up. If you see a bit of smoke come out the exhuast then your fine. Also you might want to melt and reshape your control arm's plastic peice so this doesent happen again. Lol you should have just held the steering to one side let it go in circle and then walk over to it and grab it. Boucing off the curb wasent a good idea. Well if you just want somthing to play with i guess go electric, but to me going electric is like riding a quad to easy get a trike=nitro. Much better and more fun.

bigredhead
10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
yeah.. thought about that for a .5 second.. but it was going too fast for that .. it would have flipped over .. and since i had the body off the thing would result in scraping the hell out of the brand new motor .. the antenna wire gets trashed... and maaaan.. it all happened .. REALLLY fast ! lol..

traxxasx
10-30-2006, 05:58 PM
yeah.. thought about that for a .5 second.. but it was going too fast for that .. it would have flipped over .. and since i had the body off the thing would result in scraping the hell out of the brand new motor .. the antenna wire gets trashed... and maaaan.. it all happened .. REALLLY fast ! lol..

Ehh i dont think so, maybe since its a buggy and higher off the ground, but i can go full throttle and then turn quick and my car just spins and slides. NEver flipepd it. Lol im ganna get a vid of my car in action soon.

traxxasx
10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Alright well here are some pics and a vid of my car. Please dont mind the video it was on low resolution so i could record longer also the gay camera (that i found) has no sound. Also the body that is on it is the previous owners body he did all the work and its all bannged up i had no par take in the body just use it cause id ont have another one. Also dont mind the dirtyness i havent cleaned it for about 10 runs(doesent effect peformance) it just when i clean it i take the whole car apart to clean everything. Also the blue extended exhaust it so the oil from the exhaust wont get all over my car as somone you guys no is messy. Well enjoy i guess. I will get some updated pics of it clean new body and with a better camera with sound. This is is my front yard. Also ive haddent had money to make teh car look like how i want it so everything on it is from the previous onwer besides the exhaust and intake. Oh almost forgot the battery pack in the back is for my neons that i put on it a while ago.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/zoik_soik/th_DSCF0992.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/zoik_soik/?action=view&current=DSCF0992.flv)

Garage Boy 34
10-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I have 2 of the nitro 4wd T-Max's. They are a blast when they run! lol...Unfortunately they have been sitting for a year on my shelf.