PDA

View Full Version : got my tank airbrushed.

350xing
04-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Got the tank on my 80 CB650 air-brushed. Not by choice though. I let my buddy borrow my bike, and he brought it back like this! Matches my helmet. Looks pretty good, I think.
Would be sweet to get the 350x done!

Xowner
04-10-2003, 09:58 PM
That looks good tell trailprotrailpro buddy he can take my tank netime!!

:D

Instinctz
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Lol thats funny, wish my friends would take my stuff, and bring it back better than how it was.. Im lucky to get it back at all! :rolleyes:

350xing
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
its actually his girlfriend who did it. heres a helmet she did. I wish she did my tank like this helmet.

Instinctz
04-10-2003, 10:14 PM
How much does that cost/hold up? Can you brush plastics 8)

350xing
04-10-2003, 10:40 PM
got mine done for free, but i still gotta wetsand and clearcoat it. Cost depends on how much detail, and how long it takes. I guess you could do plastic, but I don't know if it would hold up. The paint would probably chip when the plastic flexed.
if anyones interested, prices are cheap, as she's still practicing.

lookin4trikes
04-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Yes you can paint plastic, but you have to add flex additive. It runs about 70 dollars.
Hey 350Xing, I do not want to tell you how to paint, but be sure to find out what kind of paint she used on you helmet so you get a compatible clearcoat. I use urethane because it is durable and is pretty easy to wet sand and buff. If you have any questions on how to paint it let me know. I have done a lot of street bikes and harleys, not to mention I painted for NASCAR for about three years. Actually I have painted just about everything. Good luck and be sure you wipe that down with wax and tar remover before you start spraying, the oil from your hands will cause your clear to fisheye.