PDA

View Full Version : laydown 250r motor (fast 70 pics)

mart
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Well weve all seen greenhumans laydown 200x motors in 70's.and they have proven to be fast and reliable. well i thought i have to try and step it up a notch i think this will kind of be unrideable but hey can never have enough power.One side of the case is welded just have to weld the other side.as you can see there is still alot of work to do but the hard part is now done.yous probably wont like it but i think its going to be a weapon.heres some photos of so far of the motor now i just have to find a rolling 70.

jsimonh
10-30-2006, 09:31 AM
That's insane! Looks good though. Wouldn't a motor that size hang down to low in a 70?

super90
10-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Ive never seen on of thoes before? What were they used in and what year? I think a 250 engine in a 70 would be death.. Maybe a 110 but a 70 that would shred the wheels off of the thing!

TRI-Zbrian
10-30-2006, 01:22 PM
lol its going to be insane....my buddies dad put a blaster engine on a mini bike ... the ones you buy with 5 hp briggs engines on them lol... never got to see it get ridden but im sure it was insane fast...

Somekindofjerk
10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Must have taken some time to get the case machined properly to accept the 250R jug. i have a question though, How are you going to keep the crank oil separate from the fuel/oil mix for the topend?

Billy Golightly
10-30-2006, 01:28 PM
That looks like something I would dream up, SWEET!

ATCWRENCH
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Must have taken some time to get the case machined properly to accept the 250R jug. i have a question though, How are you going to keep the crank oil separate from the fuel/oil mix for the topend?

He's not using a 70 bottom end, he's using the 250R bottom end that I'm sure came with that cylinder. so the crankcase will not be a problem as far as keeping the fuel/oil mix and crankcase oil seperate.

petesatc
10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Cool idea!!!! fitting the carb going to be fun......

mart
10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
yep atc wrench is right, its an 84 250r motor i had heaps of cases lying around. and one afternoon i was just sitting looking at my brothers alloy 70 with the 200x and ideas started rolling, the next day i had my cases at work cutting and welding. i cut the crankcase free from the gearbox turned it down and lined it all back up, it looks different because i cut the counter balancer off its ok because i have a balanced crank for it.it looks really long but when you sit it next to the laydown 200'x motors its actually smaller.yes i know the chain is on the opposite side but everything has been worked out i know its going to be insanely fast i mean the 200x 70's are wildly fast.

Billy Golightly
10-30-2006, 04:04 PM
All your trans gears and everything line up with the main drive gear off of the crank and stuff? Man when you get this finished, its gonna be :drool::drool:

mart
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
hey billy yeh it took alot of time to do i took a whole gear cluster and all the crank gears and clutch basket and stuff to line it all up it wasnt a 2 minute job.i was going to have like a mini drag pipe out the side but because its going to be a little track bike racing all the other fast 70,s i dont want the pipe hanging out the side so im using a 99 cr250 pipe of all things its the best closet fitting pipe of course with some cut and shutting lol

Billy Golightly
10-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Haha, awesome. The only thing I see possibly giving you some problems is the intake. You'll need to make a 90degree intake adapter to bolt onto so the carb stays level otherwise the floats wont work correctly. But other then that pretty easy fix I'd say you've got a pretty awesome project going :)

ceaserthethird
10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
in the last picture holding up the Case , Is that a RARE - Pedigree Piston - :wondering OOOO those are expensive ......

Look's Good , Keep it up ;)

mart
10-30-2006, 07:21 PM
billy ive made the intake at work its in my tool box its an all alloy one with a 90 degree bend all tig welded looks pretty trick actually. thats not the barrel im using i was thinkin about using my 300 topend but thats all together on my white aircooled so im just going to use a stock head im sure itll be plenty of power lol.

yep pedigree flat top piston its a one off, it takes some special porting to match that piston lol

BIG BAD RED
10-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Tang you are a mad man! *Edit* With some crazy ass toes!

Definitely going to need to come down for a couple of drinks soon.

85ytz250n
11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Haha, awesome. The only thing I see possibly giving you some problems is the intake. You'll need to make a 90degree intake adapter to bolt onto so the carb stays level otherwise the floats wont work correctly. But other then that pretty easy fix I'd say you've got a pretty awesome project going :)

My guess is that any guy with the skills to do the rest of this, isnt going to have much trouble making the carb fit. I think it takes some major nads to chop up an engine and then weld it back in a complete different configuration than it was intended.

Barry

ausatc70
11-02-2006, 03:10 AM
sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

team-red-rider
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
any more on this?

Aussieduner
12-21-2006, 09:39 PM
any more on this?

Marts been flat out on ths project,should see some pics soon.

Aussie

84honda200s
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
cant wait. its crazier than my 440cc l/c go kart idea. this guy get props from me. he has ballz.

Brockey
12-22-2006, 12:12 AM
That is gonna be a wild ride. When my dad sold his 250r the new owner stuck a big motorcycle engine in it. He would spin the rims and the tires would stay in one spot. He use to fill the front tire with antifreeze to try to weigh the front down a little bit. Post up some pics of your build for sure.

scooterroo
12-22-2006, 08:48 AM
hey can yah post up some pics of the 70 with 200x motor? never seen that before and definately would like to, have to add it to my collection of pics. now...a 70 with a 250r motor? can you say rocket?? i knew you could:)

mart
12-22-2006, 09:27 AM
hey fellas yeh weve been flat out at wrk.and ive been doing my ski boat instead.its funny we were actually all talking about this tonight and i sign on here and heres this post up again lol.as for the motor its pretty much at the same stage just with more welding done to it but ive got the ski boat up and running so its back to this project.motor is almost finished my prob now is the frame i was only going to use a rolling 70 but ive now changed my mind its goin to be an all alloy suspended 70 ive gone this far so i thought y not go all out i will deffinately b postin pics in prob next few days of this as i have time to start on it again.ive got alot of people i know doubting me on this but i cant wait to prove them all wrong lol cheers for all the compliments

stonehedge
01-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Being a 70 fan, (glamisdunes.com) this would be a bitchen trike to see complete. Out here on the left coast we have joked about slamming a 250R into a lil 70, but nobody has the balls to attempt it. Best of luck! Please keep posting photos of your project.

traxxasx
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
any update?

mart
03-19-2007, 04:24 AM
hey hey nah no updates as of yet but yes it is still getting done im kinda bummed out because my deadline was for easter so i could take it to the drags but with only 2 weeks or so i cant see it happinen but yes this is a project that is not forgotten about as you can see ive already done alot of work to this motor so it will be getting done thats for sure.

SWIGIN
03-19-2007, 07:49 AM
that is the craziest thing iv ever seen....any pics of the 200x lay down?

Loosecannon
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
mart, my dads mate is a custom 2t pipe builder at mayfield so if you want a good pipe made pm me and i will send you his number

otherwise race you at Stockton on easter;)

cheers:beer
luke

mart
03-24-2007, 04:01 AM
hey loosecannon where bouts in newy u from?wat do you ride? nah mate thanks heaps any way for the pipe im either going to make a sectional drag pipe at wrk an tig it all up or im going to use a 99 cr250 pipe surprisingly good fit lol yep ill c u easter for sure big group of us is campin up there for a night so yeh should be good hope there is a good turn out this year

Meat-BoX
03-25-2007, 03:21 AM
You guys are just plain Crazy over there. I thought the 200 laydown was enough power, but you just jumped up the power ratio Big Time.:beer
You guys rule. Freakfixs? ATC 90 with the 250R engine is pretty sick. But with no suspension I watched him get squirley at the Trike Fest drags. With suspension and a 250cc 2 stroker in a 70, it will be like shooting yourself out of a cannon. How do those trikes handle in the big sandbox you guys play in down there?
I think you need to send a write up on your Monster Minis and send them into the ATV magazines over here. A good artical for Dirt Wheels.

RedRider_AK
04-01-2007, 07:36 PM
What kind of frame are you sticking that beast in? Home-made full-suspension deal?

mart
04-11-2007, 06:07 AM
hey fellas just a few updates well once again changed my mind on wat frame im using.going back to my first plan with using just a straight stock 70 frame well heres some progress pics the gearbox went together alot better than i thought it was going to.not long to go now wat do yas reckon this would b a 1 of in the world ay lol?

gizmo_22
04-11-2007, 07:38 AM
thats just going to be insane to drive

Chevy200s
04-11-2007, 10:06 AM
:drool: I dont know if anyone else ever watches Home Improvement reruns, but this clearly reminds me of Tim and his "More Power!!!" thing, just insane.

How are you going to set up the carb, like how is it going to fit in there? Hope I didnt ask something that had already been discussed but I didnt see it mentioned. totally awesome project man, this thread will be the first one I check out everytime I sign on now, haha. Great work!:w00t:

SpeedBump
04-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Killer! More, more! Can't wait to see it finished....gonna be a wicked machine for sure. Cheers Mate!

mart
04-11-2007, 04:19 PM
the carb will b setup with an alloy carb boot that looks just like the stock one with a 90degree intake pipe welded in it pretty hard to explain youll know exactly wat i mean wen u c it lol cheers fellas

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Mart your project with this engine fits the title and description of this forum exactly :)

Can't wait to see that thing finished, its gonna be in freakin sane.

250rfan
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Mart your project with this engine fits the title and description of this forum exactly :)

Can't wait to see that thing finished, its gonna be in freakin sane.

Just reading through this thread and thinking what am going to write, and just as i thought of it, i read the last post......Billy you took the words right out of my mouth, this is true Conversion!!, Well done Mart, AWESOME!.......

mart
04-12-2007, 03:29 AM
thanks fellas i wouldnt call myself a scientist, "mad" well yes lol but if you look in one of the photos of the gearbox you will notice the manual i still needed that lol

Loosecannon
04-14-2007, 12:36 PM
hey mart
how long till this thing is ready to tear up the drag strip??

will it be ready for the drags in june?

cheers
luke

mart
04-15-2007, 05:59 AM
hey luke yeh not sure how long mate i get real keen and work on it 4 a day or 2 then get keen on doin other things im hopeless i knw. were you up at the drags for easter god they were good i was on my raptor 700 a grey one with red frame there were two of them.the only prob with draggin this thing will be the front lifting and getting traction.the 70's with the laydown 200x's are hard enough to keep the front down lol not sure for the june drags wat are the dates im goin on a holiday to qld 4 a week june 2nd till the 9th so maybe

Loosecannon
04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
no mate i was hoping to be at the drags but never got there:(

i know what you mean i always start 1 thing and halfway through i start doing something else then i wonder what i was doing to start with:wondering :wondering

the only way to keep the front down would be to extend the frame,i have a 74 atc70 with a cheap import 110 and it is hard to keep the front planted:cool: :cool:

the drags are on the 9th june i will definately be there,hope to see you there

cheers
luke

icp4life162005
04-18-2007, 05:08 AM
Nuts, just plain nuts! but I love it, Silly Aussies LOL

200x newby
04-18-2007, 10:28 AM
you could make yourself a nice wheelie bar

RedRider_AK
04-18-2007, 08:31 PM
you could make yourself a nice wheelie bar

Wheelie bars are for GIRLS and LITTLE KIDS! :p

mart
04-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Well people ive finally finished the motor, and its mounted in the frame.put the electrics on her and after a whole five kicks she fired right up.I couldnt believe it.and it doesnt even vibrate at all (which was my main concern with this motor) these photos are just after i had it running so the fly wheel cover you can see is only sitting there just to c what it will look like, but other than that it ran perfect i still have a bit of work to do like i only had a stock pipe just rigged up for the test start.reved her a few good hard times and everything went like clockwork.so now i only have to do the foot pegs pipe and chain and all the little things throttle cables etc.but now the hard part is out of the way.that clutch cover in the photos took me so long to fabricate it wasnt funny lol.doesnt look like much but yer it was hard i also put a few pics of my brothers all alloy laydown 200x for those of you who asked to see it cheers

mart
04-22-2007, 08:22 AM
more :beer

Billy Golightly
04-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Mart out of all the years I've been on the forum I think this is definitely in the top 3 coolest things I've ever seen before. Serious props on a job well done. You should send some pictures of it to a few different magazines.

Loosecannon
04-23-2007, 02:53 AM
excelent job mart :drool: :drool: :drool:

hope to see it running the dunes soon:beer :beer

cheers
luke

mart
04-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Thanks billy yeh its been great fun buildin it the hardest part is tryin to explain to people wat ive actually done most cant seem to get there head around it lol.yeh ive been thinkin about sending it in to a few magazines but i would like to get it all finshed first so it could be like an article on the whole build because i have takin many of photos lol.im about to go now and start cuttin and shuttin cr 250 pipe for it god this is goin to be fun lol more brain pain oh well thanks for the comments fellas there will be more updates to cme maybe even tonight depends how far i get with this pipe still tossin up as to have like a mini drag pipe or keep it huggin the frame not sure.any ideas fellas?

84honda200s
04-23-2007, 04:18 AM
great job man. you guys are nuts. you better post some video of that eating up quads lol. again props man. that has to be one of the hardet builds i have ever seen done to anything. i mean if would have welded it weak it would have probably blown apart instead of firing up. danm i cant get over that thing. wow you did great on that engine. make sure you keep in touch with us. again great job man !!!!!

Vealmonkey
04-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Congrats on the test firing! Looking forward to a video of this thing running. You cats' down under are true innovators. You and greenhuman are the atc70 mod dynasty! Bonser job!

Tri-Z 250
04-24-2007, 02:42 PM
You gotta get a RAT FINK sticker for the tank or your helmet! All that motor you better LOOK OUT! on that thing. COOL STUFF!

mart
04-25-2007, 12:43 AM
few more updates people pipe is all tcked together just gotta fully weld it like i said it was more brain pain lol wasnt easiest thing to do cutting and positioning it but its all there now i even made tha silencer run through the middle of the frame nice feature i thought lol. my plans on keeping it stock length are now gone i have to extented the frame 50mm which has to get done to the 200x ones anyway so not to worry but yeh gettin closer now lol cant wait to test ride this baby. i think for the first time ever them throttle govenor screws on the the thumb throttles just may cme in handy lol

firefirefire90
04-25-2007, 01:45 AM
that 70 is SICK

and that pipe is NUTS

I can't wait to see the end result!

ATC-Eric
04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Holy Crap that pipe looks mean on there!!!!!!

Good job on the motor work, and congrats on the test fire!

I think when you get done with it, you should send the info and pics into Honda to see what you did to their tiny little bike. They would flip! :lol:

icp4life162005
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
its nuts has nuts and i love it! nice job mart!

BigGreenMachine
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Incredible! How much does that little monster weigh?

mart
04-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Incredible! How much does that little monster weigh?

Well put it this way when i finished mounting the motor i picked it up and put it in my ute like it was nothing lol.30hp pushing pretty much its self cant wait i doubt it will hanbdle real well but oh well good to say i have a 250r in a 70 dnt think there would b many other trikes like this 1 in the world:beer im actually out in the shed welding the pipe now with our gasless mig its giving me the shits im so impatient i could just take the pipe off and tig weld it all tmoz but im bored so lol

Loosecannon
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
hey mart will it be ready by this sunday?
me,tony,hondagrant,jamie and a few others are heading up to stockton dunes on sunday in the carpark at 9:30

cheers
luke

BigGreenMachine
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Eww fluxcore on such thin stuff, hold the gun farther away and you won't get as much penetration so it'll be easier with the thin material.

Aussieduner
04-29-2007, 04:44 AM
I think it might give JMC a run for his money in the big bore 70 competition Mart.

hondagrant
04-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Looking good Mart .:naughty:
Next project could be a 700 raptor motor in a 70.:lol: :lol: .

mart
04-30-2007, 07:30 AM
I think it might give JMC a run for his money in the big bore 70 competition Mart.

i know he would be watchin this thread silently mate haha and im sure he has ideas rollin round in that head of his.bring it on johnny haha :beer

mart
04-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Looking good Mart .:naughty:
Next project could be a 700 raptor motor in a 70.:lol: :lol: .

thanks mate yeh its getting closer now done alittle more to it tonight nothing major just a few odds and ends.yeh i think tha raptor is worth just that little bit to much to be cuttin up lol.i have had a few other ideas of other motors though.im thinkin ill just finish this one first though lol

gravelord
05-02-2007, 11:07 PM
i really hope you will put a extended swinger on that. or you can kiss your arse skin good bye.

Loosecannon
05-15-2007, 06:07 AM
anymore updates mart??

cheers
luke

mart
05-16-2007, 02:31 AM
hey mate yeh been a little bit of progress ive lengthened tha frame.i was held up because i couldnt find a little piece out of the shift mechanism all good now though yeh just gotta put that in and yeh should be going soon.oh yeh one more thing to report it now has tha 300 topend on it crazy huh :p

Chevy200s
05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
oh yeh one more thing to report it now has tha 300 topend on it crazy huh :p

Your insane dude, haha. that is awesome, cant wait for pics and a ride report

mart
05-28-2007, 06:43 AM
well people good news took this missle for its first test ride up our foot path all i can say is WILD lol didnt get out of first gear and it didnt even cme on the pipe and u can just feel it wants to missle down the street i have video of it, been trying to find the usb cable so i can put it on here.its insanely fast thats all i can say lol i only got the chance to give it a little run because i didnt have a tank on it just gave it a carby bowl full of fuel and tested it. my dad mate and brother were all standing out the front watchin we couldnt stop laughing at it the sound of a 2stroke and smell coming from a 70 is somethin to b herd lol dad said it was the most nervous hes been in a long time an he wasnt even ridin the thing.ill try and get the video up as soon as possible but yeh just thought id let yas know shes up and running all i have to do now is get a tank for it oh yeh my brothers alloy 200x 70 is almost goin to ill b sure to get a few photos of these missiles racing lol cheers:beer

Loosecannon
05-28-2007, 12:29 PM
hey mart
sounds good, what year model tank do you need i have a couple in my shed,you will have to paint it but

i PM'd you my number if you are interested

cheers
luke

mart
05-29-2007, 04:37 AM
nah mate its all good i have heaps of 70 tanks aswell im not usin 1 im gunna use a tank off a pewwe 80 my brother got 1 for his alloy framed 70 and it suits mine perfect as well thanks anyway mate:beer :beer

ATC-Eric
06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Your going to burn through that tiny tank of gas in no time! :lol:

Glad to hear you got er up and going! :beer :w00t:

1upfront
06-06-2007, 03:03 PM
You might also need a kidney belt!:lol: :lol:

RedRider_AK
06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Can anyone say "The sleeper drag machine"? Then again, it's not really a sleeper once you realize what the engine in that monster is, and it will probably sound kinda loud.

Speaking of sounding loud, what kind of pipe are you putting on that? A 250R pipe is about half the size of the whole 70, isn't it? LOL.

WaterDonk
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
thats it mart im coming down to see this monster

riverrat
07-05-2007, 11:12 PM
This thing is cool......................video???

HaggLE
07-08-2007, 02:20 AM
well people good news took this missle for its first test ride up our foot path..........................ill try and get the video up as soon as possible .............

Well where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been 6 weeks!

mart
07-23-2007, 07:21 AM
hey fellas sorry for it being so long i havent been on here for awhile. i know i still havent got the video up haggle, you know wat im like with computers hopeless.Ii took these photos the other day of it all i have to do now is pull it down paint it and get that foam on the seat recoverd.Then wait for the next drags to come around i also posted a few of my brothers one again..mine has been given me dramas with the gear box i think i have finally got it sorted now i tell you what though i seriosly have pulled that motor in an out and split the cases seriously about 20times lol just feathering out un-forseen problems lol lets hope i have them ironed out now though.hopefully i might bable to get ya's some action shots this weekend.sorry its been so long since an update guys cheers.:beer

RedRider_AK
07-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Nothing like seeing a 70 with a big-ass expansion chamber! You are truly the mad scientist mechanic fiend!

icp4life162005
07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
it needs suspended and stretched.

icp4life162005
07-23-2007, 08:08 PM
ohh and the tire and engine looks like they might be to close when the engine warms up.

85 250sx
07-23-2007, 09:46 PM
how much shipped to 17320?? haha damn that little thing looks like fun.

BigGreenMachine
07-23-2007, 11:21 PM
That is some serious power for such a short chassis. By far my favourite trike on here too!

icp4life162005
07-24-2007, 01:03 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/vz796q.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: I think your motor would go great on here!:twisted: :twisted: :rolleyes: :D :TrikesOwn :beer This is Kasey's I think on the .ORG

Loosecannon
07-24-2007, 02:24 AM
what kind of frame is that???

looks custom made

mart
07-29-2007, 05:26 AM
well here yas go fellas i only got 2 action shots but atleast it proves that it goes lol i put some of my ol boy remanising(spelling)about tha ol odyessy days lol untill he rolled it.still got a few little gearbox issues i have to sort out with it so out with tha motor an split again but yeh there yas go ay 300r in a 70 atleast i lke it anyway lol i have a thumpster on order so it will be getting cut an choped to b made in to my next trike so watch for a new thread in the next couple of days can never have enough projects cheers:beer

mart
07-29-2007, 05:34 AM
it needs suspended and stretched.

No it doesnt it handles exactly like a 70 just with balls of power.Its streched 50mm i didnt wanna go any further because i would of lost its handling.its perfect how it is. There is atleast 30mm between the tire an head of the engine its just the angle of the photo the motor doesnt even get that hot shes all good mate

BigGreenMachine
07-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Thats badarse! Does it always want to wheelie when your on the juice or is it real controlable?

Looks awsome, just awsome! Wouldn't change a thing.

mart
07-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Thats badarse! Does it always want to wheelie when your on the juice or is it real controlable?

Looks awsome, just awsome! Wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks mate It actually handles just like a 70 does but yeh sometimes if your not expecting it it will pop up on you but the motor isnt tuned real well yet its running rich as anything i cant find my bag of jets anywhere lol so its not coming on the pipe real hard as of yet so when the motor is tuned spot on it might be a diff ball game and i need that seat recoverd i was only sitting on the foam in those photos an it was as hard as hell to try an ride whilst keeping that foam under me lol

BC250R
07-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Nice work Mart,
Looks like its having no troubles kickin up sand in those photos. Cant wait to get a closer look up on the dunes oneday. You should post a thread on Oz Atv, there's nothing as cool as this to read on there at the moment.
Cheers! BC

Loosecannon
07-30-2007, 11:51 AM
excelent mart

a whole group of us (about 20 people) are heading to stockton on saturday the 4th for a ride day

cheers
luke

icp4life162005
08-01-2007, 03:30 AM
yeah your right, that thing is definitely sweet thought. you did a damn good job!

Dirtcrasher
08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Mart, your aluminum welding simply rocks. Gotta be a TIG, what are your tips for that metal welding thats like butter in a microwave??

Nightbiker07
10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
jesus christ dude.....good work. thats rediculous to the max

rally4x4racer
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
very nice work...

btw- I chopped a couple of toes off once, but they still have nothing on yours!!

ke125er
10-24-2007, 10:12 PM
i love this thing and would pay more then u would beleave for one i work at a machine shop and have for awile and i still dont think i could ever do this

Dirtcrasher
10-24-2007, 11:34 PM
i love this thing and would pay more then u would beleave for one i work at a machine shop and have for awile and i still dont think i could ever do this

If your in a machine shop and good at measuring, you could take your time and could probably chop just about anything apart and get it back together in a straight line.

Not to downplay it. cuz THIS THING IS AWESOME!!

What I can't imagine is being able to weld up aluminum like this, simply awesome. Thing of beauty :drool:

factoryX
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM
that would be awsome with a twist throttle....

The Goat
11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
i want one...NOW

HaggLE
12-29-2007, 09:54 PM
I have seen it in the flesh...

Can someone say rooster tails!

mart
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Ive seen it in tha flesh to mate lol trying to hold onto tha thing flat out 3rd gear round tha track.three laps and im stuffed from grippin tha hangers so tight lol.I think i can deffinetly see the motor in one of my thumpster frames.It annoys me though im the only one thats ever ridden it every time we take it something silly goes wrong with it like last time your old boy was with us, i was about to pull in an give him a run and i blew both tires off the rims lol little bit to much grunt for the little 70 tires i think lol.oh and gday to every one and happy new year i havent been on here for ages ill be sure to get some more photos an that video i promismed up as soon as possible.cheers :beer

mart
03-13-2008, 07:23 AM
hey every one well i finally got the video of the beast runnin. soz it has to be a link to you tube i tried to put the clearer version on here but couldnt work out how to do it.soz im not very computer literate lol. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSVOjk2NfA well there it is anyway soz it aint very clear it was done on my photo camera and it was only in my back yard mind you im riding that with a broken hand lol bit silly but yeh ya get that.i havent had it out in ages or been on here for ages because we have been moving house pulled her out three kicks an she started right up haven a few dramas with tha throttle cable needs a new 1 and the silencer needs repacking as you can here how loud it is lol jus wanna say thanks for every1,s comments on this project good people on here cheers:beer

chris200x
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Hahaa!!! that's awesome! :beer but BE CAREFUL! :crazy:

Billy Golightly
03-13-2008, 09:39 AM
That is seriously, the coolest freaking project trike I've ever seen, and probably will ever see, period. Awesome awesome job on that thing Mart.

scooterroo
03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
thats to f@ckin cool, damn i want one!!!

mart
03-14-2008, 05:54 AM
if it didnt take so long to build them id make some and send them over but yeh just way to much wrk

300rman
03-14-2008, 03:20 PM
if it didnt take so long to build them id make some and send them over but yeh just way to much wrk

lol money talks. ill bet a few people would pay big cash for you to make the motor,
and would prolly want to install themselves.

Heres a thought. just sell the modded cases and the intake tube. you could put one all together, cut it up and modify them, and upon a sucessful test, tear it apart and sell the modded cases and intake tube. or, for the right price, sell the whole thing.

idk, just a few thoughts, i know a few people would kill for one of these.

Billy Golightly
03-14-2008, 03:33 PM
I would SO short track race one If I had it :lol:

Tri-Z 250
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Now thats what I like to see...Big Jugs on small frames! NICE TRIKE

The Goat
04-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I would SO short track race one If I had it :lol:

how about a flat track? lol. 70s really do have retardedly good handling if you're over 200 pounds.

whatever we do, we have to keep these away from syko. I can see him now hitting a tabletop with 5th gear just pinned. :crazy: :crazy:

edog
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I wounder how much hp it is putting out.

300rman
04-09-2008, 05:42 PM

probably about the same as any R motor with those mods.

but the difference is, the power to weight ratio on that thing is insane.

Vealmonkey
04-10-2008, 12:51 AM
You know, I've really followed this thread with a fine tooth comb from the beginning until now. The engineering of this engine is amazing and the dedication of the builder is almost beyond my comprehension. Heck, an engine like this says "suspension 70" all over it. What I never understood is, if I have followed this thread correctly and the laydown 200x thread correctly, for such a simple engine compared to a 4 stroke, is alll the more work involved to lay this engine down that what greenhuman had to do to the 200x. I don't think green human had to cut the cases and reweld back together and that is on an engine that has a cam and cam chain and oil passages through the cylinder into the head. Could there be an easier way to do this? I just don't understand why the cases had to be cut apart and rewelded back together? Could it be done like the way greenhuman just machined the cases on the 200x? I guess if it could have been done different, it would have been done different, but it just amazes me that the seemingly more complex engine was the easier to modify. If you ever think of selling some modded cases, I have 2 real nice suspension 70s that would make a really fine home for one of those engines or even one of green humans laydown 200x engines. You guys in Oz don't let anything stand in your way of getting something done. My hat is off to you and greenhuman.
Congrats on doing the seemingly impossible.

mart
04-15-2008, 03:37 AM

well im pretty sure the stock aircoolers were putting out around 28hp dont qoute me on that.it feels like 2800hp in a 70 frame lol. it did have the 300 head on it but yeh was just to insane without suspension and i needed that barrel back on my real 250r.im seriously thinkin of doing another 1 as i already have half a case finished. and yes that surely would be goin in a suspended frame i only did this for the novelty of it and for some laughs and laughs it gets im really the only 1 thats had a proper ride on it as silly things like tires keep blowing out(i wonder why lol) and stuff like that but yeh thanks for all the good compliments people.

to the question about if it was possible to weld the plate on the front like green humans well not really mate i did look at this option but shaping all the transfers and stuff would be a huge nightmare.greenhumans engines arent as simple as they sound there is alot of work put into them engines actually alot more machine work is done to them than mine believe it or not,not one part of my cases had to be machined (alot of die grinding of welds to clear shift forks and gears but yeh no machine work)greenhumans have to have a circle machined out for the barrel a slot for the cam chain and decked to the right hights and the welding of the front plates.which let me tell you isnt easy (yeh i weld them to)lol sorry greenhuman had to tell em.

Billy Golightly
12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Mart, how is this beast? Was just going through some old threads and ran across this again.

mart
01-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Gday billy yeh mate still running its in a suspended frame now just gotta get tha time to finish it., i need to split the cases though its starting to slip 3rd gear either a worn shift fork or worn drive dogs not sure yet. im pretty sure i posted a thread in here some where about the build in a suspended frame not sure was a while ago.cheers mate

ripride
01-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Well weve all seen greenhumans laydown 200x motors in 70's.and they have proven to be fast and reliable. well i thought i have to try and step it up a notch i think this will kind of be unrideable but hey can never have enough power.One side of the case is welded just have to weld the other side.as you can see there is still alot of work to do but the hard part is now done.yous probably wont like it but i think its going to be a weapon.heres some photos of so far of the motor now i just have to find a rolling 70.

Would that fit in a 1984 200es?

where can you order motors

factoryX
01-16-2009, 07:34 AM
lol, you dont.