PDA

View Full Version : Electric Razor

Live4today
11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I recently got hired on a job which requires me to shave daily. I'm used to my old job in which i could shave whenever the hell I wanted to, and go weeks on end without shaving. So now, every morning I find myself shaving in the shower with my gillette mach3 turbo, and I was thinking about picking up an electric razor. I do have sensitive skin, and was wondering what everyones opinions are on electric razors, if they use one, if so, what they use and if they like it and what not. Thank you much folks.

theonlyjosh
11-01-2006, 07:11 PM
lol, lmao, sorry but i think that must suck to shave daily... i don't have much of a beard but i use a remington R-835 and it seems to work quite nicely, takes the skin a bit to get use to though... that's my 2 cents.

Eric250R
11-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, I use both, not to save time but because I have too. I have very thick hair and if I don't hit ti with the electric first, it dulls my normal razors too fast.Luckily with the job I have now I only have to shave about once a week. But I start out with the electric then move to the normal razor. The electric does a really good job on my cheeks and neck but when it comes to the tight spots like around my nose it just can't get them. But it definately makes it alot easier and faster.

farmerc
11-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Shave?? Whats that? Haven't seen a razor in almost a year,Working on a real good beard,ha ha.

Billy Golightly
11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Pardon me for asking, but what in the heck kinda jobs do you guys have that *require* you to shave everyday? Only thing I can think of is the military. Hell I've had a full beard neck and everything for like 2 or 3 years now. :crazy:

TravEX
11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Probably police or fire. Electrics have never worked for me, but you are supposed to give your skin 30 days to get used to the electric, I never was that patient and would go back to my old razor before the 30 days were up.

ATC-Eric
11-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I used an electric for a couple years, then one night I lost my power coard, used a blade, and havent gone back since.

I like the blades because they give you a closer shave. The electric leaves my face feeling a little rough.

MyMistress86R
11-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I use the Norelco electric shaver that has the "goo" in it. It's a Nivea shave balm lotion that works very well for sensitive skin. Mine is waterproof so I can use it in the shower to enhance the shave even more.

I highly recommend it in whatever it's latest rendition is.

Eric250R
11-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Pardon me for asking, but what in the heck kinda jobs do you guys have that *require* you to shave everyday? Only thing I can think of is the military. Hell I've had a full beard neck and everything for like 2 or 3 years now. :crazy:

Well I"m not actually required to shave, but I run the control room for a couple of radio stations, so I have to keep up some sort of professional apperence.

bigredhead
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Damn Gillette blades $$$$ almost gota put up a loan to buy an 8 pack.. geez..

Never used an electric.. kinda curious to try one tho.. may just have to spring for one.. hmmm.

I only shave about twice a week.. after 3 days i have a near-beard lol..

Banage
11-01-2006, 09:02 PM
i like the mach 3 i got the cool blue version