PDA

View Full Version : Lets see this on a 250R at the TF drag strip!

thefox
11-07-2006, 10:50 PM
This could be fun!! Wonder how well it works?

http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/eb/8a/7e_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/250r-TRX-ATC-Turbocharger-CHECK-IT-OUT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43979QQihZ003QQitem Z130045420246QQrdZ1

dizasterzrfun69
11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
DAMMIT! everytime i see something out fo the ordinary and i want it....TRIZTUNES has already bid on it or bought it :lol: I know hes always willing to pay more than me too so i might as well not bid.

Yamahondaman
11-08-2006, 09:38 PM
COME ON WITH IT !!!!
How Bout it Raffa,Billy,"Green Thing",Jason,Nathan,Kintore,ETC !!!

250r'en +TCB
11-08-2006, 10:37 PM
if its powered by a pully that would make it a superchrager. If it even does work, that's proubly not good at all for the engine!!! Instant time bomb!!! Proubly would give the machine the reliability of a 350 kit with less than half the performace gain lol

willcamach
11-09-2006, 07:12 PM
LMAO that looks so home-made its not even funny. even if it works its so ugly i wouldnt install it on my trike, unless i had a full face helmet with a tinted screen.

ATC-Eric
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I love how the auction states that it adds another gear to the bike! It would be pretty crazy to put a turbo on a pinger, I could see it on a 4 stroke though....

PowerTech
11-09-2006, 07:46 PM
this thing on ebay is total BS.

it is somones abandoned prodject.

it is a canibalized turbo made into a supercharger.

and there is no lubrication to the bushings.

i got a link here to something very cool. and it looks like he riged up a little oil curculating pump for the turbo.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2683135400295297703

heres a cool little one. http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/SMALLEST.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~goosegog/turbodax.htm

Yamahondaman
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Like i SAID ................ BRING IT ON !!!!
a little "stock" 250 ON GAS will take the $$$ Home !!! :naughty:

Jason Hall
11-10-2006, 08:53 AM
When you get Into those kid of mod's you better know whats going on, because you make so much more work for yourself. All I can say Is TRACTION Baby :w00t:

TRIZTUNES
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I see you found my new toy.

Not trying to make anyone mad.

some of people made statements; and do not have a clue how this thing works.

first check this guys feedback you will see the original owner.
this guy never used it.could not fine a belt.

no it is not a turbo this would be consider a supercharger.
to be a turbo it has to driven by exhaust pressure.
were a supercharger is driven by a pulley.

one of the advantage a supercharger has over a turbo: is a supercharger makes boost at any rpm, were a turbo only kicks in at a higher rpm.

as for no oiler :does not need one,it will be lubercation by the gas and 2 cycle mix.the carburator mounts to the outside of turbo unit.

now in theory this should work but there is no garuatee.

now the only problem i see is to get jetting right.

for being hard on the engine no!!! will only make between 10 to 15 pounds of boost.all this unit will do is force the fuel and air mixture in to the cylinder faster.

This thing should really rip!!!!!!!

WE HAVE A SAYING AROUNDED HERE: IF YOU CAN'T KEEP UP SHUT UP!!!!!!!

THANKS TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!

SAVING ONE 3 WHEELER AT A TIME!!!!!!!!

max
11-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I really like this guy!!!!!:beer

PowerTech
11-10-2006, 07:01 PM
10 or 15 punds of boost is alot of boost! i doubt it will make 5 PSI

good luck with the lubrication.

post your results with this thing are you working on it?

gates should have a belt to fit anything . check out there site maybe.

that was a turbo at one time.

turbos have bushings in the center section between the inducer and exducer housings. the shaft floats on preasurized oil that is pumped into these bushings and there are seals out side of these bushings to keep the oil in.

that makes me wonder what was done to get gas oil mix behind the turbo wheel and in to these bushings? even if there has been a way worked out it will still destroy its self in no time, the bushing cant take that little lube. maybe he put ball bearings in there , that would work. some high performance turbos come with bearings. i dont think this one did. maybe he machined it out and fit some.

where do you hook up the belt? do you remove the stator cover and wrap it aoround the fly wheel?

put up some more pics if you could. this thing is interesting.

Yamahondaman
11-10-2006, 07:18 PM
I really like this guy!!!!!:beer
HUMMMMMMMMMM...........:beer

TRIZTUNES
11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi,

this is only a single blade turbo.

the turbo you are talking about is a duel blabe,one on intake side and one on the exhaust side.this is the one that bushings in it.the exhaust blade drives the intake blade.that is one of the reasons for a waste gate valve.
and was oil cooled.
this turbo what ever goes in comes out.kind of like a blower.as the engine revs down so will this.My only question I have right now is should I run a turbo crank to help push the burnt fuel out.

this was a aftermarket item.

do you see the pulley with the 3 holes in it that bolts to the flywheel.then the bracket bolts to where the stator cover bolts.then the square end bolts the the reed cage.I'm going to have to make a gasket for here.the carbuator
will being sticking out the right side(the only thing I do not like)I will use a bolt on filter.I'm also going to try to make a cover or guard for it.

I have not recieved turbo yet.My friend scott at northeast turbo said he would help also.

As for a belt I will try tunnessen"s automotive(napa dealer)they deal in small engines also lawn mowers.I can also try bearing and drives unlimited.I do not think a belt will be a problem.yes I will be running a fuel pump.

THANKS TUNES!!!!!

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
11-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi,

this is only a single blade turbo.

the turbo you are talking about is a duel blabe,one on intake side and one on the exhaust side.this is the one that bushings in it.the exhaust blade drives the intake blade.that is one of the reasons for a waste gate valve.
and was oil cooled.
this turbo what ever goes in comes out.kind of like a blower.as the engine revs down so will this.My only question I have right now is should I run a turbo crank to help push the burnt fuel out.

this was a aftermarket item.

do you see the pulley with the 3 holes in it that bolts to the flywheel.then the bracket bolts to where the stator cover bolts.then the square end bolts the the reed cage.I'm going to have to make a gasket for here.the carbuator
will being sticking out the right side(the only thing I do not like)I will use a bolt on filter.I'm also going to try to make a cover or guard for it.

I have not recieved turbo yet.My friend scott at northeast turbo said he would help also.

As for a belt I will try tunnessen"s automotive(napa dealer)they deal in small engines also lawn mowers.I can also try bearing and drives unlimited.I do not think a belt will be a problem.yes I will be running a fuel pump.

THANKS TUNES!!!!!

UM?? A WHO BLADE??

A turbo is dual blade or it isn't a turbo................ If a produced product has two blades and is driven by exuast it is a turbo. If it has secondary screws or an impeller it is a supercharger.
That is a turbo with the driven impeller removed and a pulley put in its place. I am unsure what plan of gearing change this guy is planning but that turbo has to probably spin around 180,000 rpms and if driven from an atv engine there is gonna have to be radical pulley difference probably requiring 15 HP to spool the turbo correctly. It will do absolutely nothing but cause problems.

PowerTech
11-10-2006, 10:02 PM
you left out a zero. turbos go 100,000 plus rpm.

other than that. totaly rite on.