PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sr.

Bill X_R
04-11-2003, 10:02 PM
What's up Man, never saw anything on the last ride you went on???? Did you win a new quad this time?

TimSr
04-12-2003, 01:36 AM
No new quad, but it was blast. They are raffling one off again, but the drawing isnt til July. Its some big utility, which I probably could have used!

My friend met us down there Friday evening, along with his 6 year old girl, and her LT50, and his 10 year old son on his LT80. The temp was mild Saturday morning, about 50, and the rains came about 7:30 am. By 10:30, when we hit the trails, it was total slop! The LT50 didnt have the power to turn the loads of mud it picked up, and I ended up towing her to the of the hill with the unstickable Z wearing All Trax. We waited at the top, while my friend took her back to the camp, to drop off her quad, and when they returned she rode double with dad on his TRX250R. TimJr was on his Raptor, and the boys had no trouble at all other than navigating around stuck adults on sport quads which all seemed to be running Razers, Holeshots, and similar tires. The Raptor 80 proved to perform superior than the LT80 under these conditions, but both did very well. After about 15 miles, the temp dropped to the mid 30's, and the adults, and the little girl started freezing, as we werent dressed for the temp drop. We decided to head back to camp. When we arrived, the parking area had turned into a giant mud bog from all the trucks and trailers trying to get out. The big 4WD utilities became really popular as they were pulling everybody out of the camp area, including my van. The whole time we were at camp enjoying our hot coffee while packing up, the boys were mud bogging in the parking area, and trading quads back and forth. TimJr rolled the LT80 as he was donutting, and hit a dry spot or something, and a bunch of people panicked, as though they never saw a kid roll a quad before, but I dont think my pulse even went up, Ive seen it so many times! Both boys thought the Raptor was much better, by the way. It was great time by all! The weather deterred normal attendance, but they still ended up with 2800+ riders. We are looking forward to the next one. Hopefully, the same amount of mud, but warmer weather! I havent got my pictures back yet, but Ill post them on my website when I do.

Bill X_R
04-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Sounds like a fun trip "Save the Cold"! I'm sure you will keep us posted on the next one...Hopefully I can attened? Is there ever a fear of running out of gas on these things? Or does the guy with racks haul the beer and the gas???

TimSr
04-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Ive never run out of gas on one, but the first time I ran it, TimJr on his E-Ton and I on my TRX250R both were on reserve before the end and we wondeered if we'd make it. Its really not a problem though, because the sportsmans club owns over 3000 acres, with a few gravel roads going throughout the place. You cross these roads a half dozen times during the 30 mile course which is like a giant snaking circle around the camping/parking area. If you run low on fuel or need something, you simply take the gravel road back to your vehicle, refuel, and go back and get on the course where you left off. The next Rumble on the Ridge is May 24th. From prior history, this one should bring around 1500-1800 riders, but Id expect more since harsh weather killed the turnout on the first one.